[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Sielma I wouldnt multi mod atm since add phys/acc is gone I would leave as is and try for another or scour when you have enough currency, even one roll of flaring or tyrannical will beat what you have, you should be able to get that in maybe 3-4 ex worth of alts. Then regal or alt (riskier) then multi-mod.
I was thinking how i can improve my dps and i thought that multiple mod is the cheapest way. Thx for tips.
I'm usually online at 18 gmt +1
Fun build, currently 83 and trying to build up my map pool.

I'm wondering if lioneye's or infractem better? I have managed to find one of each and have a thief's torment in my stash, but is the pierce really that much better? Or do you need drillneck to make it work?
"
roffster wrote:
Fun build, currently 83 and trying to build up my map pool.

I'm wondering if lioneye's or infractem better? I have managed to find one of each and have a thief's torment in my stash, but is the pierce really that much better? Or do you need drillneck to make it work?

tricky question i had bots infractem and torment ring for leveling but when i switched to lioneyes i cleared faster..also atkspeed came with faster leech so ur more viable and also with higher atkspeed u feel that u took king of the hill node cause u knockback more often..u dont crit as much but atk speed make those crits come anyway so id go for lioneyes if i was to choose again, actually i regret picking infractem for the time i could be using glare..use it with 5 link on chest and u have 2 free slots on rings also
Can anybody give advice on some viable totem for tanking? which totem to choose? i tried ranged attack one but it went down in one hit..i have 4 link free so i can make this totem as tanky as possible
dont mind those gems or sock collors i put in..its just testing ..anyway im new to totems so is it possible to make something sustainable to tank in 4 socks without passives focusing on totems?

also i share my experience with CWDT setup...it was so bad..it drained my mana every time i got hit and i coudnt stoot my tornado on every shot and overally i got slow on mapping so im not fan on that setup..it was draining mana despite 4% manaleech at 6.5k dps on tornado (which i cant make higher for some reason..im stuck on lvl 81 dyiing and not leveling:( )

..this is gear ..i dont understand how are ppl making 9-10 nado dps while having glare..and they do dammit

Last edited by Daemonion on Jan 9, 2015, 6:15:03 AM
Hello! Thanks for very detailed guide! I'm new in this game and i create my first character with this build. It's really nice and fun to play. But i haven't a lot of currency(honestly, my budget is very low =) ). Now i'm at the end of act 3(cruel) - only Dominus remained. And my gear is like levelling gear in this build(except ring - too expensive for me).

"

3) Leveling uniques: I often get asked what leveling uniques to use, so here's a nice small list of things I can recommend:
-Helm: Goldrim
-Weapon: Silverbranch/Storm cloud ,Death harp, Infractem(+Thief's Torment)
-Rings: Thief's Torment, Le Heup of All
-Gloves: Maligaros/Slitherpinch/Shadow and Dust
-Belt: Meginords, Wurms bolt
-Boots: Sundance
-Chest: You CAN run tabula rasa, but you should prioritize defense. I was still using a 3-link in merciless and it wasn't that bad, honestly
-Quiver: Craghead

Question - Is this gear good for act 1-2 on merciless? Or i shoud buy/find/farm currency after i kill cruel's dominus?

Thanks for reply.
Last edited by arch_st on Jan 9, 2015, 6:55:03 AM
Yes, the listed gear should be pretty good and totally enough for merciless until piety. You could even start maps with it if you get like a 200dps bow.

For merciless:
Infractem and Thiefs Torment if you have enough currency. Maybe still Death's Harp if not or some Decimation Bow, possibly with Critchance on it.
Le Heup of All is pretty good too.
Maligaros, Meginords. Totally fine. Meginord's can be used until you can grab a Doryani's Invitation.
Sundance should be alright or imo Atziri's Step which isnt to pricey and boosts your defense quite a bit if you manage to get capped res without the boot slot.

But you should manage to grab a decent chest armour for some Alchs or Chaos around 800 Evasion, Life and Res.

I wouldn't rely too much on leveling uniques tho since decent and cheap gear is totally enough for leveling and get into maps. Maybe just a leveling bow.

If you get capped res, around 3-4k hp, 10k+ Evasion, and like 6k buffed TS dps you should be fine for maps. Maybe even less, but that's when I start.
Last edited by Purexec on Jan 9, 2015, 7:28:55 AM
Thanks! Now i have Death's Harp Bow and additional arrow is very good for me.I'l try to get some good jevellery and chest(my chest is awfull too).

Hello guys,

I'm about to do the final (final=core, I'll still be updating it, when new patches/builds come out) update for this guide by tommorow evening, adding the following content:

Ele windripper variation (I already uploaded a fancy image! priorities, right?),
Blink arrow
Utility spell section
Masters

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the nice feedback and a special thanks to the people who are answering the questions of the other users here.

As for my ingame progress, after playing the new league for over a week and slaying atziri a few times I kinda did a small vacation from PoE (since it feels like I played the same character for monthes, which is likely true).

I'm not sure if I'll proceed playing this build or will start working on something new yet.

So yeah, thanks :)

PS: I updated the calculator and the guide itself a bit already yesterday (accidentally broke the item section, thanks for telling me that guys), sorry for all the deleted sheets, I was kind of too lazy to fix and add content to each of the 150 sheets separatly

PS2: Fancy picture lacks a D... (haha)

NeverSink
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Jan 9, 2015, 9:16:09 AM
Hi i have a question regarding drillneck:

My current equipment

Since I wear drillneck my damage decreases for puncture 4L -2.6k dps and for tornadoshot 5L -1.5k dps....I had to replace faster attacks for pierce (puncture) and I had to replace critdmg for pierce (tornadoshot)(I know to replace such both gems because of this guide). My pierce-gems are level 17 and 18 and I skilled piercing shots in the talenttree for sure.

I thought my damage would increase after i saw all the hype about drillneck.

Can anybody help me?

This is the quiver i weared before:

Last edited by Jirai on Jan 9, 2015, 9:21:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info