2.0 Universal Shadow crit CI flicker strike build - Flicker is not dead!!!

should I stick with the 1.3 updated guide and passives until such time as I can afford (if ever) the better gear shown at the top?
Is it not worth getting Nullification and/or Void Barrier?
Hey there!

I'm not quite sure which tree is "the right one" at the moment...

And I don't know how to proceed with this build. I am level 65 right now and use "Frenzy" plus "Flicker Strike" as main skills.
I've got all three auras ("Herald of Ice" instead of "Hatred" because of the costs) activated and sometimes I'm running out of mana (especially against exiles or bosses).

Is there anything I could do to prevent this?

And my stats are quite bad (at least I think so):

Critical Strike Chance: 41,6%
Armour: 37%
Evasion: 46%
Energy Shield: 678
Fire: 59%
Cold: 50%
Lightning: 42%

Chance to Block: 33%
Movement Speed: 39%

Strength: 110
Intelligence: 133
Dexterity: 263

Well, that's pretty much all.

Any advice?

Thanks!
"
dondiato wrote:
Hey there!

I'm not quite sure which tree is "the right one" at the moment...

And I don't know how to proceed with this build. I am level 65 right now and use "Frenzy" plus "Flicker Strike" as main skills.
I've got all three auras ("Herald of Ice" instead of "Hatred" because of the costs) activated and sometimes I'm running out of mana (especially against exiles or bosses).

Is there anything I could do to prevent this?

And my stats are quite bad (at least I think so):

Critical Strike Chance: 41,6%
Armour: 37%
Evasion: 46%
Energy Shield: 678
Fire: 59%
Cold: 50%
Lightning: 42%

Chance to Block: 33%
Movement Speed: 39%

Strength: 110
Intelligence: 133
Dexterity: 263

Well, that's pretty much all.

Any advice?

Thanks!

I have 4% Mana leech(2% from gear, 2% from passive), and another 2% from a flask(when I use it) and I never ever have mana problems. Thats with between 150-200 mana available, after may auras.

Also your stats all look good but you will probably need to seriously add to that energy shield pool, I had like 2k at that level.
Wait dondiato, are you really playing CI with 678 Energy Shield ? And non-capped resistances ?

Well, there goes your first priority : get some energy shield gear and cap your resistances before anything else. Search for the needed stats on poe.trade, it will help a tremendous lot.
Hey, I am trying to get myself geared up for this build and wondered is Atziri's Slpendour good as it gives 1k Armor and evasion + 300 ES, but is it possible to make it give ES instead HP with ghost reaver(dont think cause leech and hp gain may be different). and is armor and evasion important with this build ?
Another imitator here. Thx for this great build.

I started PoE a couple of months ago and my first char turned out to become a flicker.
It was not easy but way too funny to give up this build. By now im probably in the hall of fame of death counts, but i managed to fight me through all obstacles until today. And yesterday I proudly faced Atziri the first time with lvl 89 (faced... not killed :P): Skill tree is very similar to the build by now and this is my current gear:
Spoiler

My weakness is the dagger. The current one was 3ex. but i cant find a decent improvement for around 15. It seems like I have to spend much more and so i try to craft -.-
This is my best try by now:
Spoiler

Once Elreon is 8 it may become easyier, cause i can craft other daggers in my stash to a higher value.
Any other Ideas how i can get a better dagger?

I used Maligaros Gloves a long time, but guys check out shadow and dust. Im not sure if they are better than Maligaros (hard to measure), but way more fun in special cases. the worst trade of is, that I tend to rampage through the maps and can hardly track the loot.

I tried abyssus as well some times, but it is too offensive. (got around 70kDPS fully charged but only 5kES. getting one shotted is no fun though).

My amulet is nice aswell. Stun immunity is great for CI. Without it I flicker through big mobs and keep getting stunned, stop and recieve damage. Chayula has a better flow -> more speed more fun. Feels more secure aswell. tradeoff: other amus are awesome too.

Doedre can push your charges and can help when you run out of flicker charges or want to push your damage. Good for approaching a Mob, as you leech up very fast anyway.

I supported frenzy with Power charge on crit, so I can charge up both charges with one skill. works quite well...

By now basically I play 75++ Maps (on availability) and try to max my masters and somehow get better gear.
Leveling has become hard, cause I still die sometimes unpredictably. Often because of Desync or bad preparation of the flicker-entry-sequence, or a badass rouge exile. Lower and safer levels dont give enough exp.

Often playing feels more like supervising of whats going on, as u dont have much control. Its a special kind of playing, but I like it.
Or just give short flicker pushes one after another and retreat inbetween to keep more control...

I am quite weak against bosses. Cant facetank them good enough, so often im running circles, after Vaal discipline is empty.
In theory I hit the bosses with frenzy and get charges (frenzy and power). Then start flicker while drinking pots.

So: For me a flicker worked as very first build and it could not have been better. Really fun. but it was not easy. had no wealth in my back so I (+buddys) made it all the way alone.

Pros: Fun, Fast, Fancy.

Cons: Survivability (gear dependend), little control, maybe eye seizures.
biggest Con: desync

Thx
Hello fellow flickerers. What are your thoughts on sustaining frenzy charges in 2.0, considering Blood Rage will be reworked to physical DOT instead of chaos DOT? Is the physical DOT going to be manageable?

If not, do you think Poacher's Mark will become mandatory for us after the expansion? Even more importantly, will the max ~30% chance for a frenzy charge on kill be enough to sustain endless flicker?
"
ata wrote:
Hello fellow flickerers. What are your thoughts on sustaining frenzy charges in 2.0, considering Blood Rage will be reworked to physical DOT instead of chaos DOT? Is the physical DOT going to be manageable?

If not, do you think Poacher's Mark will become mandatory for us after the expansion? Even more importantly, will the max ~30% chance for a frenzy charge on kill be enough to sustain endless flicker?

are you sure about that bloodrage will reworked to phy DOT?
"
ata wrote:

If the only change to Blood Rage is damage type from chaos to physical we should have no problem. Since our max life is 1 and blood rage does 3.8% of maximum life per second the only thing that we will lose will be the passive ES regen while out of combat.

Or we could just take Zealot's Oath and some life regen to negate the effect of the DoT...

It all depends on how Blood Rage is getting reworked.
Last edited by ZilWins on May 15, 2015, 8:11:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info