2.0 Universal Shadow crit CI flicker strike build - Flicker is not dead!!!

"
FNX_Heroes wrote:
Hi,

Maybe I missed something, but how do you create those Power charges with this gear/gems setup ?
- Assassin's Mark curse (but then your clearing speed suffers greatly if you have to cast it manually on every mob) ?
- Or maybe you use Doedre's Elixir unique flask (as a temporary solution) ?
- Or do you replace this Physical to Lighting gem by a pCoC (best solution IMHO, but then again it's not linked to Flicker Strike that is your main killing skill for mobs...) ?

Herald of Thunder is tied to Curse on Hit. So when it zaps something it applies Assassins Mark for you.
"
kan333 wrote:
Herald of Thunder is tied to Curse on Hit. So when it zaps something it applies Assassins Mark for you.

Mmh that's very clever, I didn't pay attention to the gems linked to HoT :)
Just wanted to say I decided to try this build after coming back to the game. It's really fun, I'm having one issue though. If my flicker misses I run out of mana and I'm not sure exactly how to fix this problem. My gear:

Spoiler

Does anyone have any idea how this could be rectified besides using a reduced mana gem on flicker and forgoing the DPS which I really don't feel like doing.

EDIT:

I've found a solution, if anyone is having similar problems to this. Best of all it's not too expensive of a solution. It came in the form of this amulet:

Now, the item provides four things:

1. Maximum mana. You can't cast flicker if you don't have enough unreserved mana. Now you don't have to spend points grabbing any mana on the tree.
2. Mana regeneration. For when you miss flicker due to evasion/block/desync and aren't meeting benefit 3.
3. THE MAIN MODIFIER: The corrupted modifier gives you 3-6% of damage taken as mana. This is beyond a god send. The build works by flickering around massive packs of mobs and leeching health back, so why not automatically gain mana as you do? Finding one with a max roll might be tricky but 5% would do as well.
4. Reduces attribute requirement for abyssus by more than one +30 node on the tree. Saves points. Also reduces requirements for whatever else you may need.

I would highly recommend picking one of these up, it makes the build so much smoother. Sure it has no damage or energy shield but you already have enough of those, it fixes mana problems and the points you save from not requiring those strength nodes can be put into ES or damage nodes to make up for it.
IGN: Adrastos (Betrayal)

Shaper/Uber Service:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2289614
Last edited by infinityi on Apr 3, 2015, 10:25:29 PM
What is the best way to level this build?
"
infinityi wrote:

EDIT:

I've found a solution, if anyone is having similar problems to this. Best of all it's not too expensive of a solution. It came in the form of this amulet:

Nice Amulet, mate! And thanx for your feedback!
"
cshero3 wrote:
What is the best way to level this build?

Just level-up as normal meele build (life based) before lvl 60-65, then take CI (you need at least 2500-3000 ES to that moment), Blood rage and start flickering = profit :D
Any specific skills to use while leveling up? I guess fire trap or flame blast is the golden rule on that?
Where does that life leech come from? I can't figure out what gear it is and I can't see anything on the skill tree that gives that much life leech.
"
cshero3 wrote:
Any specific skills to use while leveling up? I guess fire trap or flame blast is the golden rule on that?

Why? any meele like double strike / dual strike / frenzy (if you use franzy you can use FS as well, but for limited time before you run out of charges - whatever is more comfortable for your playstyle.

"
Juggernaut448 wrote:
Where does that life leech come from? I can't figure out what gear it is and I can't see anything on the skill tree that gives that much life leech.

Blood rage skill give you leech for free.
Last edited by BOOMbastik_RUS on Apr 5, 2015, 6:48:35 AM
"
"
Juggernaut448 wrote:

Blood rage skill give you leech for free.

Right now it doesn't feel like it's enough and I see the main build somehow has like 20% leech life and I can't figure out how.
Last edited by Juggernaut448 on Apr 6, 2015, 1:27:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info