2.0 Universal Shadow crit CI flicker strike build - Flicker is not dead!!!

Hi I'm playing Ver 1.3 from Thai server.
Is it possible to get build for Ver 1.3 ?
just make a hp-based flicker...forgot about ES...even mana also a problem, not only life. pre-patch i can hold down the button and flicker ATW, but now....reep my cosmetic vapour flicker effect there goes my $ and flicker too.

lesson learned :
1. dont plan ahead for a build (after all those chrome-ing and 6Linking my ES chest) reep color chromed.
2. dont buy mtx (once nerf, its byebyebye)
3. dont invest too much in builds it will never last more than 6-7months.
4. dont ply poe? lol? changes are drastic (they always make unnecessary tweaks and balances imho)
are you using blood rage or not, you say you do on description,you dont on video
This week just for fun I test a diferent king of fliker with one of my always forgothen duelist with a life version. Check my amazing video http://youtu.be/i0uiFcTP0a8.

Doing a gorge map and all act 4 merciless.
Last edited by EpicPureGamer on Jul 29, 2015, 2:39:07 AM
Don't try this without a bunch of exalted orbs that you can throw away just for fun. It won't work until you throw a lot of expensive gear at it.
10% life leech really??? From what??

I have only 3% or something and i play with life leech gem instead of MDoFL
10% life leech really??? From what??

I have only 3% or something and i play with life leech gem instead of MDoFL
Hi do you still flicker ? Can you add some new vids ? Like your build its fun to watch.
Nice 360$ dagger.Another retard pay-to-win build.Thanks GGG!
I've been playing this build for the last week and I have to say its EXTREMELY enjoyable, however, it is equally dangerous and requires large investment.

I played the recommended build up until level 65 (dried lake) and then took CI. At this point I probably had ~30 chaos worth of gear and 3.2k ES but was being absolutely pounded by mobs. literally everything 1 shot me and bloodrage alone was destroying me (I did however just read a tip by someone else who said to put it on a weapon and double tap X, I'll be doing that in the future).

At this point I invested 5 exalts into my gear (2 for rainbowstrides, 1 for nice jewellery and 2 for a bino's dagger). I had around 4.5k energy shield at this point and was able to kill mobs very very quickly, but was still being destroyed.

I rethinked things a bit and I've replaced the now no longer working on COWDT enduring cry with tempest shield. I have removed points leading to vaal pact and the crit/frenzy charge in the bottom right of the tree and have instead placed points in the melding node with an 'energy from within' jewel, and have repathed into the templar tree to pick up zealots oath (which is amazing with bino's), taking the unnatural calm ES wheel, quick recovery, deep wisdom, arcane focus, and throat seeker on the way.

Note- I'm currently only using 2 auras and do not have reduced mana nodes, I'll pick these up later, and when my enlighten has leveled.

This seems wayyyyy better, I now have 5.5k ES (no change in gear), more survivability (block from TS and the life regen -> ES) and still have a ton more ES nodes nearby to pickup. With this pathing I have jewel sockets nearby if I find anything nice.

With these changes I am killing equally as fast, have no problem keeping flicker up permanently (~70% crit), and feel like I can take a bit more of a beating now.

In hindsight I would not have attempted this build if I knew the investment which would be required (literally all my currency spent and its still not what was promised) but its by far the most fun I've had playing the game.

Pros:
Extremely fun
Insane clearspeed
Monsters go pop
CI (I wanted a ci build)
Will probably be decent when I have upgraded helm/chest/gloves/shield + unique flasks

Cons:
Expensive
Easily killed
Probably better if was life based
Likely needs Atziris Acuity to truely thrive

Here is my current tree, there is still some way to go and I'll update as I level further, move into mid level maps and atziri and refine the tree more.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABAcFfQ5IEVARlhXXFqoWvxpsGyUdTx8CIuoi9CepKgssvyzhLR8tVTW5Nj02xT3RRwZJUUmxTLNVhVZjVvVd8l9qaoxsC2yMbRltbHBScFZw1Xf9feN_xoauidOOio_6kBuTJ5fQmhOdqp2uoS-i2aXLpn-nCKcrpzSsZrDYsbO1SLk-vorBxcgUzerQ0NfP2CTYdtlb2t3bbtvU53To1uwY7UHviPDV8-r1b_b898H5Nw==?accountName=Darigandevil&characterName=VipersVenom

Gear @ level 68 5 exalt investment
Spoiler

I'd love to hear discussion (critical) on this from both the original author of the build and anybody else who is trying/thinking of trying a CI flicker shadow.
Last edited by Darigandevil on Aug 25, 2015, 11:59:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info