[1.3] Mahesys's Crit AoF Fire Ice Spear Elemental proliferator

fun build~. I saw the thread two days ago and decided to give it a shot, so I rerolled my lvl87 witch (SC), didn't follow the passive tree too much, but still keep the core concept of this build, burn mobs down by a single crit ice spear. with that in mind, I took for three power charge from passive tree and use void battery wand + bandit reward, that brought me 8 power charge, also I use the infernal mantle 6L chest piece that gives me the "increase 100% crit chance plus some increase fire dmg. the dmg is pretty decent.

As I said before I play in SC so I didnt take too much life nodes, have about 4.4k life and 3k mana. played some maps, quite fun, but reqiures a lot of kniting and positioning ( compare to my arc witch).

and then I tested this build with another gear and gem setup. I used 6L plege of hand staff, with the same chest piece, but uses freezing pluse to trigger the curse, played some maps, and found that this setup is pretty shit compare to the wand + shield setup.

I will test this build with lightning coil chest tonite and see if my defence gets better or not, probably is a yes, COD is good but when you meet those phys dmg jumping mobs, its hard to deal even u have 350+ mana regen.

"
Zerber wrote:
Did you try lvl3 empower? Might be better than added cold damage in a 4link.

I can't look at level 22 ice spear on wiki at the moment but the equation is simple: if damage from level 20 to 22 ice spear is better than the flat damage that added cold damage offers, then get empower, else get added cold damage.

Since i don't have a 6 link i never thought about empower. But i'd personally get added cold damage since it's way easier to get.. a level 3 empower is not in everyone's target sadly
"
nowherelse83 wrote:
fun build~. I saw the thread two days ago and decided to give it a shot, so I rerolled my lvl87 witch (SC), didn't follow the passive tree too much, but still keep the core concept of this build, burn mobs down by a single crit ice spear. with that in mind, I took for three power charge from passive tree and use void battery wand + bandit reward, that brought me 8 power charge, also I use the infernal mantle 6L chest piece that gives me the "increase 100% crit chance plus some increase fire dmg. the dmg is pretty decent.

As I said before I play in SC so I didnt take too much life nodes, have about 4.4k life and 3k mana. played some maps, quite fun, but reqiures a lot of kniting and positioning ( compare to my arc witch).

and then I tested this build with another gear and gem setup. I used 6L plege of hand staff, with the same chest piece, but uses freezing pluse to trigger the curse, played some maps, and found that this setup is pretty shit compare to the wand + shield setup.

I will test this build with lightning coil chest tonite and see if my defence gets better or not, probably is a yes, COD is good but when you meet those phys dmg jumping mobs, its hard to deal even u have 350+ mana regen.

A build using void battey could work. But you really need a 6 link since you will need a power charhe on critical passive slot.

I would personally never go void battery but only with a good crit chance + multi + spell damage + cast speed wand. Void battery needs you to be fully charged and it's not something that easy to sustain. Also a void it's very costly

"
Mahesys wrote:
"
nowherelse83 wrote:

A build using void battey could work. But you really need a 6 link since you will need a power charhe on critical passive slot.

I would personally never go void battery but only with a good crit chance + multi + spell damage + cast speed wand. Void battery needs you to be fully charged and it's not something that easy to sustain. Also a void it's very costly

Yes, it requires a 6L for the pcoc gem, and i do use dual wand instead of wand + shield, because dual wands gives me more crit chance, spell dmg as well as cast speed.
Spoiler

just got this amulet last nite, good with this build, increase dmg for projectiles and gives me more cast speed.

OK after tons of calculation I think your build does more damage than my 3dragons build. The reason why is because I can slot a rat's nest + doryani mace if you go avatar of fire. (the rat's nest covers the lack of crit on the mace). Another thing that makes avatar to fire give more dps is that in a 6link you can only slot increased burning and it doesnt do that much. Your fire pen gem also does not affect your spear only the burn.

EDIT:

Wiki says:
All burning effects will remain present on the target until they have run their course, but for each source, only the one with the highest damage per second will cause damage at any given moment.

So chance to ignite does not ruin your spec?
Last edited by Zerber on Sep 24, 2014, 1:50:44 PM
"
Zerber wrote:
OK after tons of calculation I think your build does more damage than my 3dragons build. The reason why is because I can slot a rat's nest + doryani mace if you go avatar of fire. (the rat's nest covers the lack of crit on the mace). Another thing that makes avatar to fire give more dps is that in a 6link you can only slot increased burning and it doesnt do that much. Your fire pen gem also does not affect your spear only the burn.

EDIT:

Wiki says:
All burning effects will remain present on the target until they have run their course, but for each source, only the one with the highest damage per second will cause damage at any given moment.

So chance to ignite does not ruin your spec?

Yes indeed you're right. Chance to ingnite passives does not ruin the build. I initially tought that burning could not be overwritten.

No updates so far :/ this character is momentanealy retired but still alive :)
Reserve
updated with new gear, tree and stats!
Last edited by Mahesys on Sep 29, 2014, 7:59:01 AM
important question..

does +cold dmg increase burning dmg if you did this ice spear 100% conversion to fire?

It increases the initial hit, but any double dipping into the burn dmg?
"cast speed is not useful because this build needs raw fire damage"

" i found out that having some cast speed helps survivability a lot"

Make up your mind yo :D
ign: Kapswag

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info