[1.3] Mahesys's Crit AoF Fire Ice Spear Elemental proliferator

How this build kill map bosses? No single target skill, and only ~21к ele-damage - hmmm... Looks dangerous, too slow kill.
"
treshsocket wrote:
How this build kill map bosses? No single target skill, and only ~21к ele-damage - hmmm... Looks dangerous, too slow kill.

lol this is crit build already op!!!. secondly its a ignite build no need to speak more. instead of using fire trap he is using ice spear(single tgt is single ice spear AOE is ele proliferation) .
Thanks for making this guide - I am super picky about builds and spend forever optimizing other peoples builds before I'm satisfied to make them.. But you seemed to cover practically every concern of mine, except one. And perhaps I missed a post on it, so please forgive me if I did.

Somewhere in here you mentioned 30% chance to crit on ice spear, 77% on the second form. However, your whole build follows the paths of the power charges. You could easily (3 points plus bandit) get 7 power charges, and use another ice spear with pcoc to have a steady 7 charges, which is another 350% crit chance.

This means you wouldn't have to keep that large distance - which with solo fast moving mobs would be really hard - for the second form of ice spear. You could simply stand there and attack (I say stand there because chances are they can outrun you).

I can imagine constantly having to have an additional cast(s) to kill packs would be annoying and potentially slow things down, but I don't understand how you would deal with say a fast mob, with slow aura, that hits hard with only 30% chance to crit.

Any clarification on that choice would be greatly appreciated. I plan to make this build in bloodlines :)

**Edit** After watching the video I realize you do enough damage that it's unnecessary. Also with the amount of health available, you're not going to get 1 shotted as long as you're not playing dumb.

Other question though - why not grab some aoe nodes? Theres blast radius right off the path of your tree?
Last edited by Coasteroli on Dec 2, 2014, 4:30:13 PM
Just curious about Cloak of Defiance in this build (and just in general). Ive never used MoM so bear with me. Since most of the mana is being reserved by auras, does MoM from Cloak actually really do anything? or is the cloak mostly just used for the extra mana regen and ES for more mana?
"
Kortonx wrote:
Just curious about Cloak of Defiance in this build (and just in general). Ive never used MoM so bear with me. Since most of the mana is being reserved by auras, does MoM from Cloak actually really do anything? or is the cloak mostly just used for the extra mana regen and ES for more mana?

Hey

CoD is awesome if you have a reasonable amount of unspent mana, usually the amount you should aim for is 1000 and 300+ mana regene. With less mana available it becomes counterproductive.

You could give up haste aura, run another 40% aura like purity of fire (for reflect) and use cloak of defiance. It's far better for survivability than other armors (like mine), you should aim for it
"
treshsocket wrote:

Honestly, it takes about 2 or 3 spears to kill almost any map boss and one spear to kill a whole pack of mobs, including elemental resistant blues.

The equation is simple: an already empowered single target crit (600+ multi with a basic 4k damage) with a burning damage after it. The hit itself does 25% of damage to 74- bosses and the burning afterwards deals another 30%+ of boss health. An example: precinct map boss dies in 2 hits while under elemental weakness

For packs: elemental weakness and a single spear destroys almost any white or blue pack. Clearing speed is indeed not fast as low life ST, but it's pretty fast (watch video) and all my items costed 5 exalts at the mos

"
Coasteroli wrote:
Thanks for making this guide - I am super picky about builds and spend forever optimizing other peoples builds before I'm satisfied to make them.. But you seemed to cover practically every concern of mine, except one. And perhaps I missed a post on it, so please forgive me if I did.

Somewhere in here you mentioned 30% chance to crit on ice spear, 77% on the second form. However, your whole build follows the paths of the power charges. You could easily (3 points plus bandit) get 7 power charges, and use another ice spear with pcoc to have a steady 7 charges, which is another 350% crit chance.

This means you wouldn't have to keep that large distance - which with solo fast moving mobs would be really hard - for the second form of ice spear. You could simply stand there and attack (I say stand there because chances are they can outrun you).

I can imagine constantly having to have an additional cast(s) to kill packs would be annoying and potentially slow things down, but I don't understand how you would deal with say a fast mob, with slow aura, that hits hard with only 30% chance to crit.

Any clarification on that choice would be greatly appreciated. I plan to make this build in bloodlines :)

**Edit** After watching the video I realize you do enough damage that it's unnecessary. Also with the amount of health available, you're not going to get 1 shotted as long as you're not playing dumb.

Other question though - why not grab some aoe nodes? Theres blast radius right off the path of your tree?

Well you already responded, but i'll elaborate a bit:

With my actual gear, i have roughly 81% crit chance in ice spear second form which will suffice in almost any caso to score a critical hit. Power charges are not really necessary because the time used to build them up and maintain them is too much to have that missing 20% to reach 100% crit chance. Also Pcoc would take another slot which i can't afford (no 6 links)

For fast mobs i use assassin's mark to increase crit chance to about 43%. This suffices and fast melee mobs which chases you even after a quicksilver are very rare in the game

Another tip for power charges (i mention in the guide i think): i usually curse with assassin's mark white packs to build up 3 power charges which boost my critical chance to 90%. Then when charges are up i use elemental weakness.

AoE nodes: i'm pretty confident that they affect AoE skills, so skills (not supports) with the "AOE" tag. It wouldn't work for elemental proliferation because it's not a skill and wouldn't work with ice spear because is not tagged as AoE

As soon as i can i'll update with 1.3 tree. Damage should go up thanks to uber elemental nodes.

Soz for delay bt honestly i don't play since 2 weeks :)
"
Mahesys wrote:

- Absolutely no "chance to ignite" passives???: yes avoid them!!! this because we want only critical hits (the ones with most damage) to proliferate burning damage!!! note also that burning status cannot be overwritten, this means that if a normal hit would burn, you must wait it to lift off before applying another burn with a critical one!

Can you clarify this?

Because according to the wiki, burns do stack and the one with the most Dot damage ticks first.
IGN: RighteousArcs
Any chance we can get a 1.3 tree?
Please update to 1.3. Love the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info