[1.3] Mahesys's Crit AoF Fire Ice Spear Elemental proliferator

"
wooli wrote:
important question..

does +cold dmg increase burning dmg if you did this ice spear 100% conversion to fire?

It increases the initial hit, but any double dipping into the burn dmg?

No, cold damage will not increase burning damage but only the initial hit damage. This because the cold damage mods does not appear in the burning damage formula at all while elemental, fire and DoT does.

For this reason i tend to get mostly fire/elemental passives over cold passives, which are a nice to have anyway

"
Kavsen wrote:
"cast speed is not useful because this build needs raw fire damage"

" i found out that having some cast speed helps survivability a lot"

Make up your mind yo :D

Made up my mind :P old guide mistake! On wands cast speed it's a nice to have, but i would aim at raw fire damage instead of cast speed. This will suffice from passives and haste aura
Last edited by Mahesys on Oct 3, 2014, 11:50:46 AM
Thank you for all your hard work on this. I am having some success with it and love it.
"
S3v3n11 wrote:
Thank you for all your hard work on this. I am having some success with it and love it.

Yay thx! i love satisfied customers :)
As a damage over time effect, Ignite's damage can be affected positively or negatively by some damage modifiers. Notably, modifiers to spell damage and attack damage (also often referred to as damage with x weapon) do not apply to Ignite as Ignite is not a spell or attack.[2] The following modifiers will directly affect the damage of Ignite; note that some of these modifiers apply only to the Ignite whereas some may also apply to the skill that triggered it:

Damage over Time modifiers
Burning Damage modifiers
Damage modifiers
Fire Damage modifiers
Elemental Damage modifiers
Area Damage modifiers if applied by an Area skill
Projectile Damage modifiers if applied by a Projectile skill
Trap Damage modifiers if applied by a Trap
Mine Damage modifiers if applied by a Mine
Totem Damage modifiers if applied by a Totem
Minion Damage modifiers if applied by a Minion

If i read this correctly, ice spear, being a projectile will double dip from projectile dmg modifiers?

Of which there is a good 20% inc one in shadow right after coordination.
"
wooli wrote:
As a damage over time effect, Ignite's damage can be affected positively or negatively by some damage modifiers. Notably, modifiers to spell damage and attack damage (also often referred to as damage with x weapon) do not apply to Ignite as Ignite is not a spell or attack.[2] The following modifiers will directly affect the damage of Ignite; note that some of these modifiers apply only to the Ignite whereas some may also apply to the skill that triggered it:

Damage over Time modifiers
Burning Damage modifiers
Damage modifiers
Fire Damage modifiers
Elemental Damage modifiers
Area Damage modifiers if applied by an Area skill
Projectile Damage modifiers if applied by a Projectile skill
Trap Damage modifiers if applied by a Trap
Mine Damage modifiers if applied by a Mine
Totem Damage modifiers if applied by a Totem
Minion Damage modifiers if applied by a Minion

If i read this correctly, ice spear, being a projectile will double dip from projectile dmg modifiers?

Of which there is a good 20% inc one in shadow right after coordination.

Goof to know i could earn a 8% damage on going there instead of going into elemental damage nodes in shadow Area, shame i wont level this character in a while :/ i'm leveling the other one at the moment
So the only place to get DEX is from gear? I am having a hard time coming up with any DEX at all!

LOL!

Thanks again for this build!
"
S3v3n11 wrote:
So the only place to get DEX is from gear? I am having a hard time coming up with any DEX at all!

LOL!

Thanks again for this build!

Well there is a node that gives 30 dex near witch area. If you're short of dex you can grab it for 1 passive!
Hi Mahesys

First off thanks for making this guide! I started leveling a few days ago with the only requirement that I wanted to use elemental proliferation with burning (never used ele prolif before). I ended up thinking hmm.. maybe with ice spears nice crit I could convert that to fire and crit-prolif a burn to kill everything. After doing my own research it was awesome to find this thread with all of the questions about mechanics/trade-offs being answered (AoF+CtF vs. 3D, Pyre, EE, cold dmg not increasing burning, etc.) ... would've been nice to save a couple hours of research had I had found this thread first.

Here is my planned skill tree:https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA-_WXl0V85Rm0OIw2YeJVSxa_JpUfQQMeB2PLvRzcLUdQQn_GuMo7fA_EoqMRlklR8NWVLgce8h3r9Y_6lSDB82pDwFS86msXCPRMsy0f2wuCHlXGg9sEB9D1QZausyycBUJfKuvkXfIOSHaC44RwUonTcNXIDLTRkydJsdfP-TfviLQMDXzqulfJKPpTUkWdmuDr7vnogsfYvf4Ktz5Bh_6PNZKmV03jOuHyRcMJuZODCUZxdweHE5ykb57A40tX8bOxBbjQga_aOg==

Any easily noticeable optimizations?

I plan on trying this with 3 dragons rather than converting cold to fire so my tree avoids heading over to templar (no need for AoF - so trying to save travel points). Is the holy fire circle needed or can this be substituted with more ele dmg and the entropy circle?

Will I have issues with elemental/cold resist mobs? (I get no spell pen on the tree)

Will I be able to survive with this tree assuming I used CoD+AA?

Since I'm using 3D do you think there is anything (fire) I could use, that would be worth it, to also proliferate shock for the 50% burn dmg increase?

Which skill gems would you link with ice spear in this case?

Thanks!

"
Woned wrote:
Hi Mahesys

First off thanks for making this guide! I started leveling a few days ago with the only requirement that I wanted to use elemental proliferation with burning (never used ele prolif before). I ended up thinking hmm.. maybe with ice spears nice crit I could convert that to fire and crit-prolif a burn to kill everything. After doing my own research it was awesome to find this thread with all of the questions about mechanics/trade-offs being answered (AoF+CtF vs. 3D, Pyre, EE, cold dmg not increasing burning, etc.) ... would've been nice to save a couple hours of research had I had found this thread first.

Here is my planned skill tree:https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA-_WXl0V85Rm0OIw2YeJVSxa_JpUfQQMeB2PLvRzcLUdQQn_GuMo7fA_EoqMRlklR8NWVLgce8h3r9Y_6lSDB82pDwFS86msXCPRMsy0f2wuCHlXGg9sEB9D1QZausyycBUJfKuvkXfIOSHaC44RwUonTcNXIDLTRkydJsdfP-TfviLQMDXzqulfJKPpTUkWdmuDr7vnogsfYvf4Ktz5Bh_6PNZKmV03jOuHyRcMJuZODCUZxdweHE5ykb57A40tX8bOxBbjQga_aOg==

Any easily noticeable optimizations?

I plan on trying this with 3 dragons rather than converting cold to fire so my tree avoids heading over to templar (no need for AoF - so trying to save travel points). Is the holy fire circle needed or can this be substituted with more ele dmg and the entropy circle?

Will I have issues with elemental/cold resist mobs? (I get no spell pen on the tree)

Will I be able to survive with this tree assuming I used CoD+AA?

Since I'm using 3D do you think there is anything (fire) I could use, that would be worth it, to also proliferate shock for the 50% burn dmg increase?

Which skill gems would you link with ice spear in this case?

Thanks!

I'll try answer all your questions:

2) Holy fire is really nice since for only 3 points it can boost burning damage by 75%. I would always get that circle for any burning builds. Getting as much fire and elemental damage as possible is also a nice but no other passives will give 75% extra burning damage in 3 passives. Entropy is nice too but is a 45% only. If you are not planning to go templar area grap entropy instead of holy fire tho

3) you will have marginal issues with cold resistant mobs. And that 2% penetration from tree is not that vital, but still very nice. Usually elemental weakness and cold/fire penetration support is sufficent to bypass most of cold and fire resistant mobs.

4) yes you will survive easiliy, i have 212% life from tree so 40% more than yours but a CoD and 1k free mana pool will be way better than pure life builds. I can easily survive any beyond mob and nasty combos with ease. I'm actually running 77-78 maps and i rarely fall bewlow 1\2 life with only a level 21 AA to assist my defenses

5) don't waste time proccing shock. Mobs will die in 1-2 seconds anyway. For a comparison Beyond mobs die 2 seconds after they spawn from the burning proliferation of the other corpses i kill before :)

6) with 3D i would go this way:

Ice spear - Cold penetration - elemental proliferation - increased critical damage - added cold damage - life leech
Last edited by Mahesys on Oct 18, 2014, 3:05:58 PM
Thanks for taking time to answer!

I'll try this out and see how it turns out =). Not much time to play but if I get to a decent level I'll comment again on how well its worked out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info