[1.3] Mahesys's Crit AoF Fire Ice Spear Elemental proliferator

"
Zerber wrote:
"
Mahesys wrote:
"
joscha wrote:
60% less Critical Strike Chance and an Item without life. I play like 73 Maps and dont have a problem with my Damage if i Crit. When i have the Orbs i will try do change my Maligoro's to Voidbringer. Critting more often is way better. Maby things are different in a Groupe or somthing.

Exactly

Also, Marilene has a LESS critical chance which is a straight *0,4 multiplier to your total critical chance. If you have 60% crit chance with marilene it becomes 24% which is a HUGE loss and kills the build, which is based on high crit chance

For crit more often, imo it's better to get all the doom cast cluster instead of elemental damage nodes is shadow area which would grant 100% extra critical chance. I would skip void or maligaro simply because they cut resists and life further. As i said in build OP without cloak of defiance the build is squishy! you need all the life and resists that you can grab

Yeah I run a similar build and my second ice spear form is crit capped, theirs really a difference between 45% and 55% crit (befor extra ice spear crit). This build needs to always crit or it get tedious.

I run it with cloak of defiance, AA and 50/50 block/spellblock. When you use 3dragons you can use tempest shield+prolif to freeze enemies all the time.

I personally found out that even with 40% crit chance build it's still viable and not too tedious (84% crit in second form). 55% it's the ideal goal but i would really need to spend other points and gear (see: void or maligaros) to reach that cap and i can't because i need survivability until i get a cloak of defiance...

For CoD, imo it's a must have in hardcore leagues (i don't have it btw) even if you lose a 60% aura survivability will be boosted by a load. But if you're skilled and have good reflexes high maps can still be done without. I'm actually doing 74-76 maps with damage mods and had one close call so far to LMP/vulnerability devourers for example, butt it's still risky i admit it

You 3D setup with tempest shield ad 50% it's very interesting btw.. your damage doesnt suffer from it too much? what's your basic spear damage and crit multi? reaching 50% block without creast of perandus is pretty hard with caster shields and it's very passive points hungry

"
Mahesys wrote:

I personally found out that even with 40% crit chance build it's still viable and not too tedious (84% crit in second form). 55% it's the ideal goal but i would really need to spend other points and gear (see: void or maligaros) to reach that cap and i can't because i need survivability until i get a cloak of defiance...

For CoD, imo it's a must have in hardcore leagues (i don't have it btw) even if you lose a 60% aura survivability will be boosted by a load. But if you're skilled and have good reflexes high maps can still be done without. I'm actually doing 74-76 maps with damage mods and had one close call so far to LMP/vulnerability devourers for example, butt it's still risky i admit it

You 3D setup with tempest shield ad 50% it's very interesting btw.. your damage doesnt suffer from it too much? what's your basic spear damage and crit multi? reaching 50% block without creast of perandus is pretty hard with caster shields and it's very passive points hungry

My basic spear damage is 1243-1837 and 542% crit multi. I use rathpit globe and stone of lazhwar to get over 100% spellblock. The sanctuary and spiritual guardian cluster are enough with tempest shield to get over 50% block. The 22% extra all resist of the sanctuary cluster really help to get res capped with crit rings on. With the 3dragons resist you have +52% base (+64 if you skill celestial walker) it makes it really easy to gear.

Edit:
Bevor I forget a nice thing about 3 dragons is that you can put a added lightning damage gem in your ice spear setup and freeze everything. It makes it way saver.
Last edited by Zerber on Sep 16, 2014, 5:00:13 PM
"
Zerber wrote:
"
Mahesys wrote:

My basic spear damage is 1243-1837 and 542% crit multi. I use rathpit globe and stone of lazhwar to get over 100% spellblock. The sanctuary and spiritual guardian cluster are enough with tempest shield to get over 50% block. The 22% extra all resist of the sanctuary cluster really help to get res capped with crit rings on. With the 3dragons resist you have +52% base (+64 if you skill celestial walker) it makes it really easy to gear.

Edit:
Bevor I forget a nice thing about 3 dragons is that you can put a added lightning damage gem in your ice spear setup and freeze everything. It makes it way saver.

Mhh you have basically half of my spear DPS (i have 2900-3500) while having double my mitigations.

I personally thought about going block/AA/MoM but my DPS would have suffered too much. I choose the more damaging build since i'm ranged and i can dodge attacks well... your build can be a variant of mine for a more safe playstile
"
Mahesys wrote:

Mhh you have basically half of my spear DPS (i have 2900-3500) while having double my mitigations.

I personally thought about going block/AA/MoM but my DPS would have suffered too much. I choose the more damaging build since i'm ranged and i can dodge attacks well... your build can be a variant of mine for a more safe playstile

Oh my gems are lvl 17 right now, forgot to mention that.
Last edited by Zerber on Sep 17, 2014, 10:18:14 AM
Would a Doryanis be useful for helping this build regain life?
"
NickBeard wrote:

in my opinion doryanis is the best option in weapon, because 110% elemental dmg rises up burning dmg, the dmg from add cold dmg/ herald of ice,so this scepter may give you 2 times the tooltip from ice spear, add some maligaros or void and you got a huge buff on dps.
Last edited by cuakman on Sep 18, 2014, 2:07:20 AM
"
cuakman wrote:
"
NickBeard wrote:

in my opinion doryanis is the best option in weapon, because 110% elemental dmg rises up burning dmg, the dmg from add cold dmg/ herald of ice,so this scepter may give you 2 times the tooltip from ice spear, add some maligaros or void and you got a huge buff on dps.

A really good caster dagger should be better than doryanis, with good spelldamage and crit multi on it.

Anyone tried elemental equilibrium? It should be awesome because you do cold into burn damage. So you switch between elements with only one spells automatically.
"
cuakman wrote:
"
NickBeard wrote:

Unfortunately with Droriany you lose some critical chance and multiplier which is essential to the build.

To cover critical chance you could grap the doom cast cluster, voidbringers or maligaro's or both.

Sadly i don't have a droryani so i can't test it, but that 110% elemental damage it's perfect for burning as you said it. It wont double tooltip DPS (imo you will even lose it or gain little, dunno) for sure but would greatly increase the burning damage which is the core of the build.

"
Zerber wrote:
"
cuakman wrote:
"
NickBeard wrote:

A really good caster dagger should be better than doryanis, with good spelldamage and crit multi on it.

Anyone tried elemental equilibrium? It should be awesome because you do cold into burn damage. So you switch between elements with only one spells automatically.

Elemental equilibrium without the three dragons (so with AoF) it's useless since all your skills will deal solely fire damage and will increase mob's fire resist at each it

With 3D imo it wont work. only the mob hitted with the ice spear will have its resists reduced. All the other burning enemies from proliferation will not since burning does not hit and thus trigger EE. Also as far as i know EE works this way:

first hit with cold --> enemy will take damage based on his original resists; next hits will have +25% cold res -50% fire -50% light modifier, next him would effectively work but inly if you hit the same enemy with the resists lowered by the initial hit

So EE resists modifiers will trigger AFTER the initial hit and not on that same hit. You will need at least to land 2 hits to let it work on the same target with the lowered resists, which is fairly hard. I may be wrong but wiki does not states exacly if the initial hit is effected by resists modifiers..

With 3D it would still work if you'll hit all enemies with BL for example and then hit them with the spear. But as i said before it's too time cunsuming since enemies will burn in 1-2 seconds only with fire penetration support... with elemental weakness they'll burn even faster
Last edited by Mahesys on Sep 18, 2014, 10:37:23 AM
This build looks interesting and i want to do it in Beyond League. How did you level it Passive tree wise?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info