[1.2.3] Hack's Dual Cybil's Blazer (100K+ Incinerate DPS + Pen, 1K life gain/sec)

Now that i look at it, grabbing all the dw block nodes on the right of the shadow start would give you a +8% block, effectively wasting an extra 3%....

Didnt realize about echo lol, sorry. Then i guess discipline isn't needed.
Well, I've been convinced by your last post I think. I was toying with the idea of trekking over to unwavering stance, grabbing MoM along the way, and dropping the static blows cluster, hence permitting me to use rainbowstrides and have another defensive setup in my boots, as well as a different helm (e.g. Alpha's for the aura boost and freeze immunity). However that'd require me getting to the mid 90s on this character which I doubt will happen.

Having said that, the process of thinking it through did lead me to question the utility of the three dragons helm for incinerate. A couple of questions came to mind -

1) How is shock (/'status ailment') calculated with respect to multiple projectiles? Does it take all streams hitting the enemy as one 'hit' for the purposes of calculation, or does each stream count as a seperate source of damage and thereby lead to much less reliable shocking? I would assume the latter, as it makes more sense when considering other projectile skills and (e.g.) chance to ignite - this is only from observation so it is rather baseless. Though a thread from a long time ago appears to reinforce this view from what I can see

2) Since we're doing relatively weak hits at an extremely fast rate (for big DPS), can we reliably shock bosses/resistant rares?

From my back-of-the-envelope calculation, with the static blows extra 50% duration, you'd need to deal just over 0.5% of an enemy's HP to shock them (i.e. achieve the minimum required duration.) Assuming we deal the upper-end damage on your tooltip with all 5 streams hitting the enemy at level 3 and with 30% fire pen on a 60% resistant enemy, we get the following shotgun damage - 150*5*4*0.7=2100 damage. So if the enemy has more than 420k life, they can't be shocked by incinerate. If we're assuming the worse case (the one I considered more likely) from (1), the picture is somewhat more bleak. Our damage contributing to shock is only 420, meaning if the enemy has more than 84k life, they can't be shocked by incinerate.

I have no idea about how much HP map monsters have, or if my quick calculations are correct at all, but I would speculate that three dragons with incinerate only helps with enemies you kill quickly anyway. For enemies with more health, it does (quite literally) nothing. So this leads to the following conclusion: it may be better to drop the static blows cluster and 3d helm, and instead take an otherwise superior helm (I have alpha's in mind, but a good ES helm or some other unique might be of preference). If one does stick with 3d, then if the answer to (1) is as I suspect, LMP may be the superior choice for shocking as each individual stream does more.

Again, I'd appreciate your input on this as I'm just theorycrafting and haven't had the late game experience to tell whether rares are reliably shock stacked. I'd think it would be at least worth trying taking off the helm and replacing it with some other and seeing whether there's a noticeable difference in killspeed. Maybe cruel vaal has the same HP as a merc map rare...
Last edited by MIJOTHY on Sep 9, 2014, 10:33:01 PM
"
MIJOTHY wrote:
Well, I've been convinced by your last post I think. I was toying with the idea of trekking over to unwavering stance, grabbing MoM along the way, and dropping the static blows cluster, hence permitting me to use rainbowstrides and have another defensive setup in my boots, as well as a different helm (e.g. Alpha's for the aura boost and freeze immunity). However that'd require me getting to the mid 90s on this character which I doubt will happen.

Having said that, the process of thinking it through did lead me to question the utility of the three dragons helm for incinerate. A couple of questions came to mind -

1) How is shock (/'status ailment') calculated with respect to multiple projectiles? Does it take all streams hitting the enemy as one 'hit' for the purposes of calculation, or does each stream count as a seperate source of damage and thereby lead to much less reliable shocking? I would assume the latter, as it makes more sense when considering other projectile skills and (e.g.) chance to ignite - this is only from observation so it is rather baseless. Though a thread from a long time ago appears to reinforce this view from what I can see

2) Since we're doing relatively weak hits at an extremely fast rate (for big DPS), can we reliably shock bosses/resistant rares?

From my back-of-the-envelope calculation, with the static blows extra 50% duration, you'd need to deal just over 0.5% of an enemy's HP to shock them (i.e. achieve the minimum required duration.) Assuming we deal the upper-end damage on your tooltip with all 5 streams hitting the enemy at level 3 and with 30% fire pen on a 60% resistant enemy, we get the following shotgun damage - 150*5*4*0.7=2100 damage. So if the enemy has more than 420k life, they can't be shocked by incinerate. If we're assuming the worse case (the one I considered more likely) from (1), the picture is somewhat more bleak. Our damage contributing to shock is only 420, meaning if the enemy has more than 84k life, they can't be shocked by incinerate.

I have no idea about how much HP map monsters have, or if my quick calculations are correct at all, but I would speculate that three dragons with incinerate only helps with enemies you kill quickly anyway. For enemies with more health, it does (quite literally) nothing. So this leads to the following conclusion: it may be better to drop the static blows cluster and 3d helm, and instead take an otherwise superior helm (I have alpha's in mind, but a good ES helm or some other unique might be of preference). If one does stick with 3d, then if the answer to (1) is as I suspect, LMP may be the superior choice for shocking as each individual stream does more.

Again, I'd appreciate your input on this as I'm just theorycrafting and haven't had the late game experience to tell whether rares are reliably shock stacked. I'd think it would be at least worth trying taking off the helm and replacing it with some other and seeing whether there's a noticeable difference in killspeed. Maybe cruel vaal has the same HP as a merc map rare...

You are correct shock is only calculated on the hit per projectile and not the combined shotgun of Incinerate, but it is more than enough to shock everything but the exceptionally high life bosses. As I said in the gear notes section 3D is not necessary, but it's hard to ignore the group utility of screen wide shocking and the increased effective clear times when playing solo.

Also, in the guide I mention to level an auxiliary skill like Fireball because in part the very bosses you can't shock like Atziri are already fights where it's difficult to stand there and channel Incinerate to stage 3 before getting nuked.
Updated:
- Level 88
- Respec'd 4 points for 11% block
- Notes on Rumi's interaction with capped block.
is herald of ice worth it late game, even thou you never freeze?
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
"
yotmato wrote:
is herald of ice worth it late game, even thou you never freeze?

Yes, because there isn't anything as cheap that has as nice a benefit even though it is raw DPS. A 40 or 60% aura would dig too deep into unreserved mana unless it was discipline. I could see running Cloak of Defiance + Discipline and using the extra nodes saved from not getting the keystone to boost defense or DPS.

Something occurred to me last night after an earlier post about three dragons and shocking. Cold to Fire was changed to have an additive mechanic and combined with added cold damage and Herald of Ice it would be possible to significantly increase the scale of the fire hit for shocking. This would require a 6L though.

Levelling this build with 2 non corrupted cybils. Safest build I've ever done, even safer than totems IMO, (Beyond league, current level 45).

I remember being able to FACETANK, 3 beyond packs and an exile. Just from the sheer life gain on hit.

I made some changes for my planned tree for your current level:

I went for IR the other way around grabbing the %armor nodes since IR is effected by them, dropping the flask+life nodes. and that made for some point profit since i could get the block nodes on the way, allowed me to get the whole scion life wheel and the life and regen nodes under duelist while using the same amount of skillpoints. Much safer imo, since i don't run anything but seething and bubbling flasks in beyond.

Your thoughts?

EDIT: also never underestimate the power of grabbing strength nodes when speccing, especially when running IR.
Last edited by DarKWolF90 on Sep 10, 2014, 1:29:38 PM
"
DarKWolF90 wrote:
Levelling this build with 2 non corrupted cybils. Safest build I've ever done, even safer than totems IMO, (Beyond league, current level 45).

I remember being able to FACETANK, 3 beyond packs and an exile. Just from the sheer life gain on hit.

I made some changes for my planned tree for your current level:

I went for IR the other way around grabbing the %armor nodes since IR is effected by them, dropping the flask+life nodes. and that made for some point profit since i could get the block nodes on the way, allowed me to get the whole scion life wheel and the life and regen nodes under duelist while using the same amount of skillpoints. Much safer imo, since i don't run anything but seething and bubbling flasks in beyond.

Your thoughts?

EDIT: also never underestimate the power of grabbing strength nodes when speccing, especially when running IR.

I did the same thing when I tested this pre-1.2.

Essentially, you are trading 60% life recovery and 10% all resist from Sentinel, for more strength, armour, and life regen. You might consider ditching the Golem's Blood life cluster and instead go with the Thick Skin cluster and Vaal Pack. Then you can stack up to 4% fire-leech and Cybil's for uber safety.
Ill refrain from grabbing vaal pact till i get the leech corrupted gear. Even then, after the nerf you think it's worth it?

Strength nodes do provide hp while with IR dex nodes provide nothing to us. Also, the sentinel Res can be easily overcome with gear, and you get better bonus armor from the armor cluster i mentioned. And as i mentioned before, completing the scion life wheel which is op.

EDIT: Also, thick skin cluster gives 20% hp, and the golem blood cluster also gives 20%. I'd much rather have the regen than the avoid status ailments, also it would cost one more point.

EDIT2: disregard what i said about points :P my bad.
Last edited by DarKWolF90 on Sep 10, 2014, 3:07:18 PM
"
DarKWolF90 wrote:
Ill refrain from grabbing vaal pact till i get the leech corrupted gear. Even then, after the nerf you think it's worth it?

Strength nodes do provide hp while with IR dex nodes provide nothing to us. Also, the sentinel Res can be easily overcome with gear, and you get better bonus armor from the armor cluster i mentioned. And as i mentioned before, completing the scion life wheel which is op.

EDIT: Also, thick skin cluster gives 20% hp, and the golem blood cluster also gives 20%. I'd much rather have the regen than the avoid status ailments, also it would cost one more point.

EDIT2: disregard what i said about points :P my bad.

I forgot to add using life leech as the 6th link. That's theoretically 12.8% total leech and at 40% effectiveness that's %5.12. Even at just 500 damage that's another 25 life gain on hit on top of the 16 cybil's gives. I'm low balling damage too so I wouldn't be surprised if that could get to 30 life gain on hit, which would be 1k life/.333secs shotgunning one target.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info