[1.2.3] Hack's Dual Cybil's Blazer (100K+ Incinerate DPS + Pen, 1K life gain/sec)

"
commonjunks wrote:

How u are running 2 aura + herald of cold? I cannot cast all 3 on mana, do i need level 20 mana gems and some mana reduction nodes?

He has a reduced mana gem linked to his auras (haste+herald of ice+clarity). You can run those three on mana anyway with a big enough pool, as it's 60%+25%+Flat cost. With reduced mana linked to those, you'll have even more spare mana.
Nice, but wouldn't you say it'll rely too much on that corrupted claw?
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
"
Stormblind wrote:
Honest question, have you considered a Apep's? You'd lose the scaling with block from one piece, at the exchange of an insane chaos damage boost. I'm contemplating it, but hesitant to invest into it without atleast discussing it with someone who knows the build haha.

One piece? You can't dual-wield a claw and a wand together so this would be an entirely different variant of incinerate. As for Apep's itself it obviously can add crazy damage, but you'll have to mitigate its increased cost some how. If that requires leveling incinerate low level then you've not only lost the ability to shock with Three Dragons, but you can't get adequate life through fire leech on gear forcing you to drop a support for life leech. Plus there isn't exactly an amazing curse for chaos based incinerate seeing as how projectile weakness knock-back is the last thing you want.

Don't get me wrong the wand obviously screams incinerate, but I think it requires a build that orients itself around finding a solution for the cost.

"
MIJOTHY wrote:
Really like the build concept. I've started my own character, inspired by yours. I was wondering what you thought of a passive tree I pulled up?

As you can see, I've started from Scion and I've gone for more dual wield block (43 vs your 18) at the expense of about 40% mana regen, the MoM keystone, some fire damage and about 50% life. My reasoning behind this is that I'll be using a cloak of defiance and I'd like to hit max block with some luck: 15+43+12+4+1 (base+tree+2x6%Cybils+4%Amulet+haku low roll on gloves). With max block without using Rumi's, I can use something like Atziri's or a utility flask as well.

Also, I don't know how much mana 5l Incinerate will cost, but perhaps with some crafted Elreon amulets, it won't be such an issue?

I'm interested to hear your opinion on this. Thanks for the guide.

Yeah, I theorycrafted something almost identical.

I would go with the spell damage over the projectile damage start because the evasion nodes you looped back through would only provide the kind of mitigation that Arctic Armour would already negate while doing almost nothing against the big hits. Also, I'm pretty sure the 8% mana nodes will provide more mana than the energy wheel path, but it's the same amount of points either way so you can do the math to make sure.

In this shadow build I do plan on eventually switching to the additional block nodes in duelist and shadow areas (~37%), but I'm basically waiting till I get a good vaal'ing on a second cybil's to make the efficient choice on how much block I add. The only reason I didn't go Scion was because of Rumi's, which is necessary to achieve high spell block seeing as we can't use Rainbowstrides when we need Kaom's Roots. Didn't make as much sense to me to sacrifice a lot of efficiency by starting Scion for another 6% block when it would be over capped anyway.

"
enveratise wrote:
Nice, but wouldn't you say it'll rely too much on that corrupted claw?

Nope.

Even stock claws are fine and the corruptions are just a nice bonus to push the build towards a GG status. Essentially by dual-wielding Cybil's you are trading a portion of end-game level caster weapon stats for having a freed socket from life gain that is far superior to a life leech gem. The build takes this a setup further and invests in the synergies of stacking the effects of the claws, i.e. %Dual-wield block is also in essence %spell damage and %cast speed also increases rate of life gain. Hence, the build gets damage for becoming more tanky and more tanky for increasing damage.
Last edited by Hackusations on Sep 9, 2014, 5:37:59 AM
Got another tibit

Spoiler
Last edited by commonjunks on Sep 9, 2014, 5:58:23 AM
Looks interesting, how do you think I would go about doing this tree from Witch start, I'm currently level 58 with this tree and don't want to reroll another Character.
IGN shdowe
"
Hackusations wrote:
"
Stormblind wrote:

"
MIJOTHY wrote:
Really like the build concept. I've started my own character, inspired by yours. I was wondering what you thought of a passive tree I pulled up?

As you can see, I've started from Scion and I've gone for more dual wield block (43 vs your 18) at the expense of about 40% mana regen, the MoM keystone, some fire damage and about 50% life. My reasoning behind this is that I'll be using a cloak of defiance and I'd like to hit max block with some luck: 15+43+12+4+1 (base+tree+2x6%Cybils+4%Amulet+haku low roll on gloves). With max block without using Rumi's, I can use something like Atziri's or a utility flask as well.

Also, I don't know how much mana 5l Incinerate will cost, but perhaps with some crafted Elreon amulets, it won't be such an issue?

I'm interested to hear your opinion on this. Thanks for the guide.

Yeah, I theorycrafted something almost identical.

I would go with the spell damage over the projectile damage start because the evasion nodes you looped back through would only provide the kind of mitigation that Arctic Armour would already negate while doing almost nothing against the big hits. Also, I'm pretty sure the 8% mana nodes will provide more mana than the energy wheel path, but it's the same amount of points either way so you can do the math to make sure.

In this shadow build I do plan on eventually switching to the additional block nodes in duelist and shadow areas (~37%), but I'm basically waiting till I get a good vaal'ing on a second cybil's to make the efficient choice on how much block I add. The only reason I didn't go Scion was because of Rumi's, which is necessary to achieve high spell block seeing as we can't use Rainbowstrides when we need Kaom's Roots. Didn't make as much sense to me to sacrifice a lot of efficiency by starting Scion for another 6% block when it would be over capped anyway.

Ah I forgot about Kaom's being needed rather than rainbowstrides. Also thanks for the reply. Mana does indeed look like it'll be superior to energy shield, and overall you're saving a couple of points. I think once I get back to this character I'll go that route.

I'm excited to see if the new 1.2.2 crafting mods will help this build.
Last edited by MIJOTHY on Sep 9, 2014, 11:05:22 AM
@Hackusations Honest question, have you considered a heavily crafted -8 Elreon ring? Right now, im starting to rock 2 -8 Elreon Two stone rings. Basically covers almost all the resistance issues, and depending on your luck, will give some HP as well. Makes my Incinerate cost 8 mana, which is infinitely more sustainable, which makes handling the weight of arctic armour much easier.
Started a beyond shadow to do this build. I think i pretty much have everything i need for it.

Just a few questions tho..

-How are you sustaining incinerate? 26mana cost * 12.7 casts per second is a 330 mana cost per second. Yet your regen is 208, and im not accounting for AA.

-Would a Discipline EB combo be viable? or there's a specific reason you're not running it?

-Why didn't you take the block nodes near shadow? Is there a cap to block?
"
DarKWolF90 wrote:
Started a beyond shadow to do this build. I think i pretty much have everything i need for it.

-How are you sustaining incinerate? 26mana cost * 12.7 casts per second is a 330 mana cost per second. Yet your regen is 208, and im not accounting for AA.

-Would a Discipline EB combo be viable? or there's a specific reason you're not running it?

The block nodes near shadow are for shield users, its says x additional chance to block "with shields."He clearly using 2 claws so it wouldn't apply to the build, hence why he only picked up the dual wielding block nodes.

Unless you ment the block nodes in the Gemini cluster, then idk maybe to save points?

Also yes there is a cap on block, it caps out at 75% by default, but you can bump it you to 78% is you use "The Anvil Amber Amulet" unique pendant.
Forever chillin...
Last edited by Slosh876 on Sep 9, 2014, 2:56:11 PM
"
Looks interesting, how do you think I would go about doing this tree from Witch start, I'm currently level 58 with this tree and don't want to reroll another Character.

That's probably what I would shoot for.

"
Stormblind wrote:
@Hackusations Honest question, have you considered a heavily crafted -8 Elreon ring? Right now, im starting to rock 2 -8 Elreon Two stone rings. Basically covers almost all the resistance issues, and depending on your luck, will give some HP as well. Makes my Incinerate cost 8 mana, which is infinitely more sustainable, which makes handling the weight of arctic armour much easier.

Yep, just no luck on crafting the rings. I had a nice amulet, but it's obviously been replaced by Lashwar at this point.

"
DarKWolF90 wrote:

- Echo casts twice pays once so it is 12.7/2 x 26 = 115 mana/sec.

- Discipline is fine, but you'd have to drop haste or pickup reduced reservation nodes.

- I'm not capped, but Cybil's %6 spell damage/5% block has break points, i.e. you get the same amount of spell power for 35, 36, 37, 38, and 39% block. So I'm waiting on obtaining a good vaal'd cybil's to know what amount of block to add.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info