1.3 ✮ The Crit DoT Chin Sol build ✮ Puncture Trap / Ice Shot (Build of the Week S3E3)

One shot, one trap
Let's throw together and feel all right
Hear the vaal crying (One shot)
Hear the trio crying (One trap)
Sayin', "Give thanks and praise to the Dom and I will feel all right."
Sayin', "Let's trap together and feel all right."
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa

Let them all puncture all their dirty remarks (One shot)
There is one trap I'd really love to throw (One trap)
Is there an apex for the hopeless sinner
Who has hurt all vaalkind just to save his own?
Believe me

I'm impressed.

The only thing I was going to point out was ur crit chance, tho after watching the videos I got kinda speechless.
'Tis the best build I've seen. You managed to built 2 builds on 1 character sucessfully.

Ps: Thank you for beeing the reason behind puncture/pointblank/chinsol nerf in the next patches Kappa
Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291
Last edited by jahcinto on Sep 5, 2014, 2:02:47 PM
Last edited by DerKobold16 on Sep 5, 2014, 2:08:16 PM
I just hope GGG doesn't see this as an unintended use for pointblank/chin sol/trap and then nerf it. We will see :)
I noticed the only reason for Three dragons is for the crap mobs on the map, maybe for the Atziri's boss fight we can change the helmet for more dmg from punctures? If yes, witch one is a good choice?
can this build be fed off rares u find off the ground in lower levels till you can afford all the pieces?

currently building a cyclone facebreaker for farming atm but would love to try this to avoid desync in the future...

"
Orbitalx wrote:
I just hope GGG doesn't see this as an unintended use for pointblank/chin sol/trap and then nerf it. We will see :)

I don't think they will be upset. I played against a Corrupted Boss who did something like this with Puncture Traps.
Thank you all for the positive comments and feedback! I've read through every single post here, and am glad that my build can be of some use to the community. I've answered a lot of the questions in the "Commonly Asked Questions" section, and will continue to add to the OP as more questions pop up. I've also updated the video section with some more videos.

Unfortunately I'm not able to play PoE much lately, but I will be checking back here often. I can't wait to see what different variations in gear/tree you guys can come up with!
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on Sep 5, 2014, 8:53:59 PM
hey there, just wanted to thank you for that great build! rerolled from my 87 witch to tornado shot ranger to your ice shot crit dot ranger, it is a pure blast. level 81 right now, using chin sol (5l), drillneck, three dragons, romira's and a 5l chest so far. works pretty damn well, can't wait to get the rest but i am broke right now. them drillnecks skyrocket over the last three days...

so again thanks a lot, this build is damn fkkn amazing creative.
Nice built,

i've already been Chin Sol fan prepatch and was thinking about using three Dragons with Avatar of Fire for shoking. Well, doesn't work without crit, RT was a bad idea ^^ after some research I found your build, gonna try :) Never took a look at traps before, sounds neat.
What about using Infractem for the Ice Shot so I can spare the SPs, does the Bonus of Drillneck work with Infractem?
For Singletarget I'd switch over to Chin Sol :)

How detrimental is not having drillneck for this build? iso budget advice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info