1.3 ✮ The Crit DoT Chin Sol build ✮ Puncture Trap / Ice Shot (Build of the Week S3E3)

"
DerKobold16 wrote:
"
Dazaraki wrote:
hc viable? life is a bit low tho

im running it (different tree) on beyond, currently only 3.6k life but going for more soonish, also will maybe switch out some items dont know yet how i will go from here. But working great so far, everything is a oneshot, i mean it, have to be extremly carefull about reflect though ;) still have to get 5l on iceshot but 4l works until now, doing 73-75 maps np

lvl 79atm, gear (still gathering more/better gear):

Spoiler

Can you share you tree?
IGN: Kira_Dan
"
sanfer wrote:
"
DerKobold16 wrote:
"
Dazaraki wrote:
hc viable? life is a bit low tho

im running it (different tree) on beyond, currently only 3.6k life but going for more soonish, also will maybe switch out some items dont know yet how i will go from here. But working great so far, everything is a oneshot, i mean it, have to be extremly carefull about reflect though ;) still have to get 5l on iceshot but 4l works until now, doing 73-75 maps np

lvl 79atm, gear (still gathering more/better gear):

Spoiler

Can you share you tree?

sure: what im at atm, maybe will switch some things arround:

this is my take on 118 point build just so you know what im thinking about picking up next:

Last edited by DerKobold16 on Sep 4, 2014, 8:47:32 PM
best build ive seen in awhile.

That puncture + point blank + chin sol + trap synergy is insane.
Hey guys!

First of all, I'd like to say kudos to you sir for this sick build! The genius behind taking advantage of traps and chin sol's unique aspects were nothing short of amazing.

I've been playing around on my ranger for about 3 days now and I've definitely noticed the power spike the moment i got most of the defensive and offensive nodes. One thing to note is that i recently got rid of clarity to put in prolif on herald of ash to see how it would synergize and it is AWESOME. I usually had to rely on RNG and luck to crit instaclear mobs but with prolif connected to HoA, the flame regularly spreads without having to rely on a crit to do so. I realize that HoA itself proliferates but after adding the prolif gem, i noticed the spread to be MUCH wider than what HoA itself would normally give. Not to mention the added support gem to HoA barely added more mana reserved which was sick.
I also attempted atziri at 76 without atziri's step because I was getting impatient and dying to try what you did in the video, I died A LOT at the vaal stage because i could not kill both fast enough. Strangely I didn't find myself dying to the trio at all, but found myself instagibbed at atziri because of lag/my carelessness.

I will continue to tinker around with this build and see if I can make anymore productive input for it.
can this be played as a first build without any currency to start with??
also how would you recommend i level?
Last edited by Sicarion on Sep 5, 2014, 1:45:02 AM
"
Jaqen wrote:
How about good crit quiver instead of drillneck? (crit damage / crit chance / wed )

And how about 400pdps harbinger instead of chin sol?

there are several builds who play around with ice shot & puncture using HoA.
that combo is just insane. i am currently leveling one (lvl 81 in rampage league).

i prefer massive crit chance and multiplier over traps, but its personal preference.

details @spoiler - kind of off topic because its another build!

details
currently rampage, so only 4L available and mixing some skill gems to level them up.
gear
tooltip dps on ice shot atm 15.3k with 0,49 atk-speed, ~67% crit chance and a 407% multiplier
puncture around the same - and just saw that i forgot that i didnt switch added chaos for inc crit back
standard crit shadow tree -> standard because nearly all shadow crit build look the same exept weapon nodes:

"Commonly Asked Questions" on firt page answers nearly all questions properly.

personal remark
I like the iceshot / HoA build much more than that build of the week build.
the only build who does much more HoA prolif dps and overall dps is my crit staff marauder - just because staffs got a much higher "on hit" damage - but ice shot defensive beats it, thats why i dont wear 3dragons.
i want that freeze/chill, gives you a lot of defensive! and not every mob shatters though, because you just dont freeze all - there are a lot of burning leftovers and the prolif. comes from HoA AoE anyways, not the body itself.
Last edited by gloobonious on Sep 5, 2014, 2:22:09 AM
Question1: is this build appropriate for partying players?

i'm always partying with my friends so i am not sure is this build appropriate for me or not.

Question2: which skill do you always use when you are partying??

ice shot or puncture with trap?

thanks for your answering:D
How do you manage mana ?
"
xdynazty wrote:
How do you manage mana ?

I second this. I notice you are running clarity in your videos (brilliant btw), yet that information is not included in the build. Unless I am totally blind. I am very keen to try this build. Thanks!
Thanks now I don't know if I should sell my 6 link chin Sol...
ign slashzilla
"Buy when there is blood on the streets, even if the blood is your own."
Slashzilla Reave Guide- http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/514128
SALES THREAD-http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/524661
http://gyazo.com/da6159e17a1ec3710b9cb8601a145a9a
Last edited by Atlas305 on Sep 5, 2014, 11:58:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info