1.3 ✮ The Crit DoT Chin Sol build ✮ Puncture Trap / Ice Shot (Build of the Week S3E3)

"
sage2050 wrote:
Why clever construction instead of master sapper? when is traps getting destroyed ever an issue?
"
sage2050 wrote:
"
sage2050 wrote:
Why clever construction instead of master sapper? when is traps getting destroyed ever an issue?

Against any format of AOE it's always an issue.

Leaping courtyard boss, arc mages etc destroy them before they trigger if you don't have it.
Is this enough defensives to power roll 100 Q 76-78 maps?

I remember back in the good ole days when poe was kinder to bow users and we ran around with 6000-8000 life in addition to 600-1000 life regen per second.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
im having problems with this build; here's my gear:
Spoiler
Spoiler

and my current skill tree:

1) im lvl 76 and my hp is too damn low (only 2.5k), i can manage with mobs but can get 1-shot by rogues, 2) my clear speed in 73+ maps is slow, ice shot tooltip is kinda disappointing for me (9.3k dps), and 3) what sould i prioritize on my skill tree/gear?

build is awesome btw, but i kinda ran into a wall right now, any help would be greatly appreciated since this is my first time as a ranged build.
Last edited by Dragon_Bukid on Sep 25, 2014, 1:25:24 AM
Spoiler
Spoiler

1) im lvl 76 and my hp is too damn low (only 2.5k), i can manage with mobs but can get 1-shot by rogues, 2) my clear speed in 73+ maps is slow, ice shot tooltip is kinda disappointing for me (9.3k dps), and 3) what sould i prioritize on my skill tree/gear?

build is awesome btw, but i kinda ran into a wall right now, any help would be greatly appreciated since this is my first time as a ranged build.
Last edited by Dragon_Bukid on Sep 25, 2014, 1:26:00 AM
"
Dragon_Bukid wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler

try atziri´s step boots and take more evasion nodes ... remove aspect of the eagle and vaal pact (just skip doeble reflect map, u can still manage to clear single reflect maps with leech gem).. take Celerity, Survivalist and Ranger evasion nodes.. ;) and i don´t know why u skipped Ondars Guile :/

like this: https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMILgiJCpsOSBa_GY4b4B7wH0EhdiP2JP0mlSoLKlswcTB8MfoylDN4Nj051DpCOrNKfUt4TZJRR1LsVUtW-luvXWhd8mHiYqxnoGqMbIxwUXBScNV2b3aCdvd313jrfrB_An8rgl6Gzod2idOMC4w2jX2Nv5AKkA2VBZrxm42dqqCfotmm4Kiiqviw2LTFtNG1SLd1uXzBM8HYwuzIDMgUyqnTftQj1orYVNnG2-fdDd2o44TnCuc651TssO2D73rz6vVv_MX_3jGz7hVeRZLz-utX2A==

u will still need to manualy dodge attacks.. means don't stand still!!
Last edited by IkaPic on Sep 25, 2014, 2:06:14 AM
"
Dragon_Bukid wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler

Playing this build without atziri boots and ondars is pretty much suicide, phys reflect ll be as deadly as elemental, you ll get insta gibbed for random spells etc.

And drop the quivers, if you dont have drillneck, use a good resist/hp/crit rare one.

Priorize hp too, 3k is pretty easy to reach if you re using a few rares, aim for 3k+ with frostwall on CODT setup, helps a LOT with increased duration and immortal call, the biggest problem of this build is get RRRB(or RRRR) in evasion gear and voll's setup, its just huge for suvival in general and its pretty hard to get.
"
sam_handler wrote:
Just changed my Chin Sol in to a Lions eye Glare. Just realized that we miss sometimes, and those missed shots is very crucial for this build. A missed shot means no mana regen, no mana regen means no skill. And also 1 of the traps misses from time to time. And when op talked about burst damage is our weakness no shit 1 shot all the time by suiciders or detonate dead. And other reason why i switched to lions eye glare, since our attack speed is to slow its important that every shot counts.

How did you figured out reflect damage with Lioneye's Glare Bow?
~A Women Can Change The World With A Single, Well-Placed Arrow~
Very nice build, I was doing 6k damage on beyond at lvl 58, open a strong box fire an ice shot into the mobs, elemental reflect 1 shot me. RIP
This is the highest dps character I played so far in HC at lvl 58. A note of caution tho, if you play in HC or beyond please link your ice shot to life leech. I didn't thats maybe why i died, I linked Ice shot, elemental proliferation, phy projectile attack damage, weapon elemental damage and pierce.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info