Do Masters kill the future temporary leagues for you?

So much ignorance in one thread...
"
heyyous wrote:
So much ignorance in one thread...

In order for the Master's XP in a new league to be anything but totally discarded, it has to exceed what you already have in the Standard league. How many people are going to try to grind in excess of what the already accumulated in a standard or in a prior league? (Especially given the troubled state of the Master content.)

From 1.2 patch notes.

When the new challenge leagues end, your hideout stashes will be merged with the destination leagues (Rampage with Standard, Beyond with Hardcore). Your favour totals will be added together. The highest reputation value with each master will be used.
Since POE launched the challenge hc league is what appealed to me the most. The additions of the masters was fantastic - but if they dont transfer to new leagues Ive lost all the will to continue with PoE. There is no balance reason for this. New league = fresh start but:

1) Who in a new league has 4 alch to buff a single item while leveling? It takes atleast 5 hours of playing with extreme luck to even craft one mod on one item.

2) Even if the buffs were to be free (which they arent ofc) - 1 mod extra on a few items isnt going to make a world of difference.

I may have the solution: Unlock the masters like this:

lvl10=1
lvl20=2
lvl30=3

etc.

up to your mac account master level.

If the masters reset each new league thats the final nail in the coffin for casual and semi-casual players who like the challenge leagues for the challenge and new economy but dont have time to grind 3573860 hours to max masters every new month.

One thing that really bothers me: no one from GGG ever thought "Hey guys, maybe the xp required to level all masters is a bit too much for a 3-month league".

I just ignore Haku the desyncmaster because I don't wanna lose my beyond char for a fallen rock that can crit 5k+ HP.
Last edited by i8037 on Sep 2, 2014, 8:08:16 PM
I think that should be handled like Race rewards for new leagues are handled:

They are not available the first 14 days ( 2 Weeks) of a new league.

Give masters the same treatment (maybe even 3 weeks).

Now you can choose between releveling, or partitially leveling, or just wait out.

Those guys who do it do have a slight advantage in the first 3 weeks.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
The gameplay experience with the masters, for me, has been mediocre at best. A few poor implementation decisions and a few poorly balanced aspects brought down the whole mechanic.

So no, IMO the temporary leagues don't have anything to fear from the masters.

Temporary leagues should be more concerned about league modifiers. If the modifier gets any worse than Rampage, there won't be any point to playing the temporary league. I mean seriously, in a game mainly about loot (IMO), GGG implemented a mechanic that you can only take full advantage of if you're willing to ignore loot drops? By the time you grab the loot, your rampage is usually half gone or more. There are really three options in rampage:

1. Ignore the rampage level so you can collect your loot.
2. Ignore loot drops on the ground and come back for them later.
3. Ignore loot drops on the ground and don't come back for them later.

If you do #2, that's as much of a pain in the ass as having to run back through the level to turn in a master quest. If you do #3, well, why even bother playing? I do #1. They're all losing options, but #1 is the most reasonable to me. But if I ignore the Rampage mechanic because it's poor and I ignore the challenges because they're futile, what's the difference between Rampage and Standard? Talk about a motivation killer. I'm strongly considering stopping to wait until the next league already. I guess they can't all be winners.
Maybe this will revive the ghosttown that is hardcore? To be honest, the new temp HC league is rather... tiresome, the only reason i didnt play on normal HC was that there is noone there.

But my guess is that they will cut the required xp for masters in half in the coming leagues. Personally, i use the masters sparingly anyhow, just to plug a few resistance holes, and you can do that from the get-go anyhow.
Unlocking master levels every 10 levels up to the level you have them in the master league sounds nice to me.

It means people will have to go back to standard or regular hc leagues to level them up so they can be used in new races/leagues. Then those streamers with friends who help them get top 10 (cuz nobody else gets there solo) can all race to unlock their masters level too. It should cause a few more rushing deaths and give /global 1 more reason to spam Cast on Death gem and say "riperoni" and the like.

But really... Use the masters to make regular HC and SC a more populated place. Well... until everyone has them at lvl8 anyway.

The only problem will be the new players who wont be able to compete in races and leagues because they will be so far behind. However they were never gonna get up there with Ephixa and Hellman and NiceBuilds anyway so screw them. They were probably playing Diablo 3 all this time anyway.
They either kill the masters or kill the temporary leagues.

The grind just seems too long at the high levels.

For example, in Rampage, I have had enough time to level up 2 65+'s and 1 almost 75. That's enough to have basically 3 characters that can start running maps and working towards end game in 2 weeks. So in this case, having to restart a character from scratch in a new league, is not a huge investment of time.

On the other hand, in this same time period, I have yet to get even a single master to lvl 6 even having done my dailies every day and doing every mission I encounter while playing.

The exp to get a master from 1-3 is ridiculously low, to the point it might as well not be there, and then at higher levels becomes ridiculously high. I think it would be nice to have this evened out, a bit longer at low levels and shorter at higher ones.

Maybe a benchmark would be something like, daily + one or two missions in a lvl 60+ zone every day for a month will get that master to max level. Instead of split farming in group for 6 hours doing 80+ quests a day to get max level.

"
FadeXF wrote:
"
Vincendra wrote:
I think that should be handled like Race rewards for new leagues are handled:

They are not available the first 14 days ( 2 Weeks) of a new league.

Give masters the same treatment (maybe even 3 weeks).

Now you can choose between releveling, or partitially leveling, or just wait out.

Those guys who do it do have a slight advantage in the first 3 weeks.

Probably a good idea here.

I think maybe GGG hasn't really thought this through and are gathering data to see how "average" players are going to level their Masters. I suspect a major adjustment - or major announcement 10 days prior to next temp leagues.

I just don't think GGG has enough info to even respond to a thread like this or disclose their plan to us.

I'm trying not to react - and just continue to level as normal - I figure that's the best way I can do to provide them legitimate solo 2-3 hrs a day player data.

Hopefully they tweak them majorly or if not, I don't mind either way I'll just never play temp leagues and grow an actual attachment to my characters. ;)

I certainly hope you're right FadeXF.
I like many kinds of games 😊

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info