Do Masters kill the future temporary leagues for you?

Doesn't matter if you don't see it as being a necessary grind... GGG does. If it were easy for a solo player to do, it would simply become a mandatory feat that everyone would have to go through. The way it is now, they can safely assume that level 8 masters are the exception rather than the rule to balance the game by.

You might not like it and I might not like it. That's not for us to decide.
Masters add another element of difficulty(or tedium if you prefer) to the core game as well as future temporary leagues. I see no issue with having to level Masters back up again when new temp. leagues start.

The whole point of temporary leagues is everyone has to start from NOTHING. Nothing you have done up to that point count in new temp. leagues(except for personal knowledge of the game). This is the way it should be.

So if GGG is keeping a tally here, my vote is: FORSAKEN MASTER'S LEVEL PROGRESSION SHOULD NOT CARRY OVER TO NEW LEAGUES.
Well, it seems there are pacing issues with levels and the remove crafted mod is impractical at level 8. I still have to level up enough to decide, but sounds fair.

Still, it's like two or three weeks since the expansion. There is still lots of time to level up them.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Like I'm sure many people have said. The current rate of spawning is the largest issue. When people are trying to progress it's just not "viable" to be hunting masters and full clearing zones that are nearly empty for the seemingly small chance of finding a master.

I think I spent about 10 or so hours playing today. I found 4 masters outside of my daily. According to the calculations some person did you'd have to find every master 4 times per day for you to get to level 8 before the league ends. Is this reasonable to anyone else? I found 4 in 10 hours. So 7*4 would then be 28 times encountering a master. If I have the same "RNG" with them spawning or not I would need to play 70 hours per day(obviously not quite possible) for me to get masters to level 8.

I think that just in general they should remove ANY penalty you get for having a too high master and trying to do a master quest at lower level(when you yourself are low level aswell, alts and the like you know). I'm kind of hoping 1.2.2 will also bring with it an increase in spawnrate per "normally" sized zone to at the very least 50% along with a smaller boost to the experience granted by normal missions and going as far as increasing the daily mission experience to 25% of that masters level.

This would make leveling masters not such a chore and something that would come naturally as you meet them more often you aren't forced to search for them. As it is currently there's no point in doing masters found in the "wild" with your alts that are going through Normal and Early Cruel as the penalty imposed is far far too large.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
After the fuss over masters settles down, and they're just there, I don't think people will care one way or the other. Guilds will encourage one of their members to focus on leveling up masters, while encouraging everyone else to help when they can. Since it seems like focused effort can get you to level 8 in a matter of a couple weeks, access to level 8 crafters isn't going to be impossible.

It will of course leave solo players in the dust, but there's little that can be done for that.

If a "solo" player makes the choice not to do some master quest sharing, they should be left in the dust. Decisions have consequences, and if for whatever reason anyone decides to never group, so be it. But GGG certainly can't balance around that kind of decision making.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
"
kasub wrote:
Masters are almost level 7 without using any of the big quest parties or global chats.

How do you do it?

I'm level 70 and my masters are level 3-5. The only way to get noticable progression is to do dailies. When I meet a lvl 3 master, 40% to lvl 4 in merciless docks, completing his quests progresses him to ...lvl 3 40% to lvl 4. I can't see any progression at all outside dailies.

I suspect I should go grind them at the appropriate level? Will doing missions for them in Cruel act 1 progress them faster?
Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that.
"
Asidra wrote:
If a "solo" player makes the choice not to do some master quest sharing, they should be left in the dust. Decisions have consequences, and if for whatever reason anyone decides to never group, so be it. But GGG certainly can't balance around that kind of decision making.

But currently, you're "left in the dust" if you don't constantly group for the sole purpose of leveling masters. This is very different from grouping because you enjoy playing with others.

If decisions should have consequences (negative ones, in your view), what are the downsides of grouping? And of "power-grouping" for master-leveling? Solo-players (the game is not advertised as a MMO, or even a MP game) seem to have all the disadvantages in PoE, and the group players all of the advantages. The masters add another layer of this. Differently put, this is not a matter of consequences, but one of severe bias and imbalance.

Which is somewhat ironic, because I'd be willing to bet that the player base consists of far more solo players.
"
Asidra wrote:
But GGG certainly can't balance around that kind of decision making.

Of course they can. :)
OP: For me, not at all. But I've not gone out of my way to farm them, and just take them as they come.

I'm sure GGG will look at the data after the league ends and make a decision on if they need adjusting for future leagues.

This could include lowering leveling requirements for the masters, or adding other ways to buff the experience gained or rewards.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info