Do Masters kill the future temporary leagues for you?

Ok no offense but saying what u are saying is like sayin hey im lv 80 and i havent found an exalt that guy is lv 20 and has 4 wtf ggg, ive been running maps alot this past two days since i had alot of free time and ive encountered masters alot yesterday i was telling a friend that i was pretty lucky finding masters coz on saturday i found like 8 masters in 10 maps 3 of them were zana so he runs 4 maps with me and 4 out of 4 had masters on them i think is just rng, like everything else...
yes it has killed my interest, but it has also died long ago due to having to keep remaking characters, and I can't be bothered to do same things again and agan, I just wish leagues were like "different story" or something VERY DIFFERENT from normal leagues.
"
Mivo wrote:
"
Why can't people just ignore those damn masters ... There's no "need" to do them. Just play the old way if you liked it better ...

Because one of their chief purposes is to make the game more accessible for "casuals" (nothing in this game is even remotely "casual"), solo players, and everyone else. Crafting, socketing, linking was not more fun before -- in fact, it was frustrating as all hell --, which is the very issue that the masters system was meant to address. They are meant to be the fix.

It actually does address the situation, at least in a way, but not in the temporary leagues, you see.

I'm playing a temporary league myself, and my masters are beginning to outlevel me ... Actually I really don't get what the problem is. The design seems to be working ...

I play solo and self-found ...
I like many kinds of games 😊
Last edited by ArchSecter on Sep 2, 2014, 3:19:35 AM
"
dany512 wrote:
Ok no offense but saying what u are saying is like sayin hey im lv 80 and i havent found an exalt that guy is lv 20 and has 4 wtf ggg

I can see why it may seem similar, but it's fundamentally different, at least from my perspective.

The core issue is not the randomness of finding a master (although it is part of the problem), but the progression. The masters system in its current form seems to be designed as a long term, possibly multi-year grind unless you group and deliberately alter the "natural" way of how you would otherwise play the game, which (to me) is a decisive element in how appealing, even feasible, future temporary leagues are.

GGG doesn't design the content with the assumption that you'll find exalted orbs. They almost certainly do design the content with the assumption that you have access to services provided by the masters (tying in with drop rates, gambling odds, difficulty curve). If they didn't, masters would become a game-imbalancing aspect.

From that view, masters are not really optional.
"
I'm playing a temporary league myself, and my masters are beginning to outlevel me ... Actually I really don't get what the problem is. The design seems to be working ...

At the end of the league, see what level your masters are at, how many are 7, and if even one is close to 8, if you play solo/self-found. My guess it you won't have Zana even at level 6.

But let me point out that the purpose of this thread is not to criticize the masters system. I believe it may well be "fine" in the context of permanent leagues. Players will eventually get there. My concern is only how it affects the appeal of future temporary leagues for me, and I was curious if others shared this slightly depressing feeling that the masters system kills the challenge leagues (for them, subjectively).

I'm not claiming that everyone feels that way or should feel that way.
Answer : Yes. Or maybe.

They MIGHT do it like this : in future league, make the first X weeks "competition" time (everyone starts from 0) and after that, "bump" them to match their Standard level.
"
Mivo wrote:
Or rather, one: Haku the Master of Desynchronization, twice.

Quartz flask of Adrenaline. Problem solved.
IGN @Ostropalca
I think you're thinking of Masters the wrong way because you're making it sound as though they're completely useless and then at level 8 they suddenly give you every single option. The masters are extremely useful for a casual player once they get to levels 4-6, as they can give you good rolls on life, resist, or mainstat on any piece. Zana popping up in maps occasionally is also basically like giving you a free map. Grinding the masters to level 8 is just that, a grind, and is not required to enjoy the game.

However I do think the current design of randomly finding the masters really is a bit too random. There needs to be a more consistent way to focus on certain masters, even if it's something as little as masters in your hideout having a slightly increased chance to appear.
Last edited by Weslie on Sep 2, 2014, 3:46:03 AM
It's hard finding masters when your in The Sarn Encampment spamming trade chat and surfing the public trading board.
:)

Yea, it hurts my interest in the leagues pretty badly tbh.

Losing characters/so on is one thing but the idea of having to level the masters again from scratch is a total nightmare.

I thought things like empower were a pain for the leagues, but at least empower can be reliably leveled or more easily ignored. The masters are just random luck to get them spawn..

Safe to say the next set of new leagues are going to require some damn interesting mods to be enough to make me play them instead of standard.
IGN

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info