Do Masters kill the future temporary leagues for you?

I kind of like the "race reward" approach to masters, though the impact on the "fresh start" concept would be much stronger than with a handful of uniques a month into the league. If you get high level masters after 2-4 weeks, you'd have a rather solid advantage over players who just started (the challenge leagues are the default option for new players, so most go there).

Wouldn't it sort of defeat the purpose? I'd love it, obviously, but preferences aside and just from a design perspective, I feel it might be troublesome. It really wouldn't be a fresh start.
Do the "race reward" approach, but cut master levels in half for the new league... Or maybe just chop off one level from each master, so "all-eight" players will still have something to grind when they get to endgame.
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
Last edited by mruuh on Sep 3, 2014, 6:18:10 AM

"all eight" players can grind for loot (maps, atziri, dominus). no need to make masters just another endless grind to keep some no-lifers busy.
Yeah, I kind of doubt that GGG want masters to become a do-it-once-and-you're-done-forever thing. Note that I wouldn't be against it, I just don't think it is in the cards.
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
Agree. "Do it once and done" wont be possible. But as you mentioned "all eight" guys need something to grind....I think there is a lot to grind for them already, even without masters.
So reducing the grind for masters wouldnt hurt anybody, but would actually improve the game as intended (i hope) for majority of players....especially the ones playing "leagues only".
I think many people are missing the biggest impact that the masters have...
Mapping experience/item find...
Zana has given us the ability to sustain and increase our map pools.
Finding other masters in maps increases the experience we get from those maps.

The crafting options are a bonus to the above, and I've used them twice...
I don't think I'll be crafting like a mad-man once I get them to level 8. I'm basically hoping that Zana gives some awesome map options when I get her there.

So no, I don't think the temp leagues will be killed... I mean I'm mapping on day 2-4 of a new league depending on my schedule anyway...

I may skip the next new league if I don't have them all to 8, but otherwise I'm always up for new challenges and experiencing the game again.
"
majesw wrote:
I think many people are missing the biggest impact that the masters have...
Mapping experience/item find...
Zana has given us the ability to sustain and increase our map pools.
Finding other masters in maps increases the experience we get from those maps.

The crafting options are a bonus to the above, and I've used them twice...
I don't think I'll be crafting like a mad-man once I get them to level 8. I'm basically hoping that Zana gives some awesome map options when I get her there.

So no, I don't think the temp leagues will be killed... I mean I'm mapping on day 2-4 of a new league depending on my schedule anyway...

I may skip the next new league if I don't have them all to 8, but otherwise I'm always up for new challenges and experiencing the game again.

the thing is, the real crafting options don't open up until level 8... So it's pretty much going to be non-viable until the end-half of the new leagues, which is far too late for someone who wants to rely on self-crafting.
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
"
demivion wrote:
the thing is, the real crafting options don't open up until level 8... So it's pretty much going to be non-viable until the end-half of the new leagues, which is far too late for someone who wants to rely on self-crafting.

Define "real" crafting options. Some people use their crafting possibilities from level 2 onward and i bet it seems real enough for them. Just becouse you don't seem to see any use for mods under level 8, that doesn't mean that other players feel the same way :)

As for grinding reputation with masters, seeing how the masters with the highest xp level get carried over to normal leagues i've kind of set myself the goal of combining them and leveling different ones in different leagues. For instance, i have a 84 lvl char in Standard and since i'm doing map runs with him when i'm bored of leveling in Rampage, i've already found Zana twice, and invited her to my hideout which is Haku's beach. So now i'm leveling up Zana and Haku in Standard, Zana for mapping and Haku for expansion of my hideout.

In Rampage however i've chosen Vagan to be my main hideout Master, along with any others that just reached a level from finding them in the wild except for Haku. When the leagues will end and merge with Standard, i'll have a high level Zana, Haku, Vagan and probably Elreon since his missions are pretty easy, with the others getting leveled when i need their specific services.

In the following leagues i plan to concentrate on any masters which don't have the highest level yet untill i have every single one on 8 in Standard.
Last edited by Tom7i on Sep 3, 2014, 9:47:35 AM
After the fuss over masters settles down, and they're just there, I don't think people will care one way or the other. Guilds will encourage one of their members to focus on leveling up masters, while encouraging everyone else to help when they can. Since it seems like focused effort can get you to level 8 in a matter of a couple weeks, access to level 8 crafters isn't going to be impossible.

It will of course leave solo players in the dust, but there's little that can be done for that.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

It will of course leave solo players in the dust, but there's little that can be done for that.

You can do something for the solo player. Reduce the necessary xp and make them fully available for everyone within a temporary league. If the no-lifers/big guilds have them at lvl8 in two weeks or two days...who cares!?

I dont see the point why the masters have to be just another grind fest. Maybe Zana can be kept as she is, as her "services" belongs more to end game than any other Master.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info