Why would I ever not take Iron Reflexes as Evasion?

"
"
The thing about armor is that in PoE you spend 90% of your time fighting trash mobs, and armor is better against trash mobs so you get the impression that armor is better than evasion because that's the most common experience.

But trash mobs aren't what kills you, and how well a defense does against stuff that isn't the threat in the first place is almost completely irrelevant.

be prepared to get rape by evangelists/ek guys then, which u can easily brush off with some armour. thats a reason why IR is still the number one node in HC.

The only real threat there is perpetus. Don't do grotto, solved. Evangelists? Are they a one shot threat? Because they are certainly too slow and obvious to be a threat by multiple hits before you can react.

Meanwhile, how about that tornado shot beyond archer people are getting RIP'd by that can show up anywhere, how amazing is OG/evasion against that? Or are we only going to cherry pick the more easily avoidable mobs that evasion is worse against?
The threat to evasion are really the physical spells as others have pointed out. Also, Puncture is a huge threat to evasion builds.

Otherwise, Evasion is usually more effective than Armor.
i honestly don't understand why anyone takes Iron Reflexes with lightning coil out there. It's like a 40% mitigation chest or 8K armor chest by itself with decent lightning resists and you still get to use evasion.

Obviously all builds I don't know but I never found one where I'd take IR over a coil. Coil also forces you to over resits to get good utility from it like i run 83% , 93% with flask, ligtning res making lightning less an issue too.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 3, 2014, 2:59:32 AM
"
The only real threat there is perpetus. Don't do grotto, solved.
Ghetto isn't grotto, yo.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
For rampage, I'm playing a high evasion (30k) bow ranger :
- I'm immune to reflect, even big packs with a reflect yellow mob inside a reflect map
- I have done atziri, after dying the first time I took again my vulnerability with curse on hit (which was reflected back). During the whole fight, the vulnerability on me was not a problem.
- EK totem and RT exiles are my nightmare
- I hate bear trap

And the most tanky character I have ever played was a shield block - spell block / evasion / accro - phase accro - lightning coil ranger
"
Amiag wrote:
reaching 75% evade takes like 50k flat evasion (wild guess here, but its something on that scale)

are you really arguing that reaching cap block is not easier than that ?

yeah everyone uses block cause block is better period.

75% chance to evade is completely unnecessary. On my Ranger I have around 15k evasion and 55% chance to evade which is more than enough to never get hit combined with Ondar's and Acro.
"
"
The thing about armor is that in PoE you spend 90% of your time fighting trash mobs, and armor is better against trash mobs so you get the impression that armor is better than evasion because that's the most common experience.

But trash mobs aren't what kills you, and how well a defense does against stuff that isn't the threat in the first place is almost completely irrelevant.

be prepared to get rape by evangelists/ek guys then, which u can easily brush off with some armour. thats a reason why IR is still the number one node in HC.

Like all things, it has to do with experience. I had zero experience making an EVA char on rampage but I managed to level it to 86 with probably 100+ deaths. HP is a huge factor on an evasion char. Get 3.5k+ hp or you'll get rekt'd. Currently have 2.8k hp and manage to survive barely..
Standard IGN: LaHhRip
"
jakab_ wrote:
"
Amiag wrote:
reaching 75% evade takes like 50k flat evasion (wild guess here, but its something on that scale)

75% chance to evade is completely unnecessary. On my Ranger I have around 15k evasion and 55% chance to evade which is more than enough to never get hit combined with Ondar's and Acro.

yeah "never get hit" seems a viable math based conclusion

for the rest as I said evasion is viable in SC, but block is still better, no point arguing this you can check for yourself how many people are using evasion and how many block in HC.

Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
"
Amiag wrote:
"
jakab_ wrote:
"
Amiag wrote:

yeah "never get hit" seems a viable math based conclusion

for the rest as I said evasion is viable in SC, but block is still better, no point arguing this you can check for yourself how many people are using evasion and how many block in HC.

wow I had no clue block and evasion were mutually exclusive!
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info