Why would I ever not take Iron Reflexes as Evasion?

"
deathspenalty wrote:

Something tells me you never played a pure eva character.

Something tells me I got three +80 eva chars and one hybrid 90, mostly based on eva.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Sep 2, 2014, 5:22:51 AM
"
torturo wrote:
"
deathspenalty wrote:

Something tells me you never played a pure eva character.

Something tells me I got three +80 eva chars and one hybrid 90, mostly based on eva.

Why so private on the profile?

Or better question, why give terrible advice? 1k armor is nothing in merciless. Its pointless. Rather than 1k armor, suggest him to carry an Granite of iron skin. Thats 3k armor on demand for acrobat chars, and 6k armor for non acrobatics chars. That actually does something.
I have multiple high level bow characters both Evasion and IR set ups. The Evasion based ones are considerably more survivable late game.

It might be different for characters with a shield - but without it, IR characters are boned versus everything that's not a physical hit. Whereas evasion builds Evasion works against elemental attacks, and Phase Acro helps versus spells.

The list of threats is much smaller for an evasion build - it's basically only hard hitting physical spells. Whereas my IR toons are afraid of much more.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
I have 104% evasion against Projectile Attacks. I will never have to worry about Reflect.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
deathspenalty wrote:

Why so private on the profile?

I may unlock it for a while, just for you. Sadly it will make you feel bad about your low level chars and lack of ingame experience, and I will have to use it against you.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
Asidra wrote:
The list of threats is much smaller for an evasion build - it's basically only hard hitting physical spells. Whereas my IR toons are afraid of much more.

Do not forget AoE and AoE with DoT. Those things are also a menace to evasion builds.

Besides EK mobs (Perpetus and his map version, and maybe one of those rogue exiles that have one), Undying Evangelist and those extra projectile, faster attack/casting chaos/fire bombers can really be a big thorn. Especially, when you are in a dungeon or indoor maps where space is limited. Open area mostly make evasion builds stronger when they can easily avoid the AoE without being cornered.

Edit: Though, if you use those instant leech gloves or VP, the only thing one needs to worry about is EK.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 2, 2014, 8:20:39 AM
I am currently bulding around acrobatics + block + spell block and it's kind of tanky.
You may be doomed though if bad luck.
IGN TylordRampage
evasion is good on paper , but is undone simply because there is a mechanic in the game that bypasses it.... spells , so long as there are physical spells. evasion wont be a viable stand alone defense and you will still need to get acrobatics and as much life as you can get .
i would take eva/acro if i were you, its very good even against reflect.

when using cwdt, i suggest using 2 setupus for HC: CWDT-endu cry-spell echo-enfeeble
CWDT-enduring cry-increased duration-immortall call.

and level the immortall call one to around 10 when youre doing high damage, this is mostly to prevent reflect deaths, if you have max duration IC on your first hit then youll be able to kill the pack before the imter runs out, or at least regen back to full life.

Also remember when fighting reflect rares with this setup try to get as close as you can to them so you get the endurance charges and proc the IC, otherwise you might die.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Ondar's Guile is the big difference for me on a ranged character - enemy ranged attackers become a complete joke, whereas they are a constant menace on IR characters. You've still got to worry about spells, but then it's a choice between increased protection against physical spells (arm/eva hybrid build should work, no need to go full armour) or 30% chance to dodge *all* spells, going up to 64% on an occasional basis (Acro build with Vaal Grace). The latter is going to offer more overall protection I think, and you just have to be careful against the few problematic spellcasters such as Vaal Constructs and Undying Evangelists.

Reflect is something you still have to think about even with Ondar's, because it's your own accuracy versus your own evasion, so you have to strike a sensible compromise between boosting accuracy for better killing power versus keeping it low in order to stay safe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info