[1.2+] Incinerate tanky build (AA/EB/MaxBlock) quite cheap / 228k dps at lvl 87 ... lol

log:
2014/08/30 - V1.0 : lvl 85 / 5000dps
2014/09/11 - V1.1 : lvl 87 /6110dps (some gems have more XP)
2014/09/16 - V1.11: juste add dps number in title (see DPS section for details...)
2014/09/18 - V1.12: update dps section with the use of Atziri flask
2014/09/20 - V1.13: lvl 87/6681dps

Hello everybody,

This is my first build submit in the forum, i will try to make something nice ;)
I hope my english will not be too bad.

¤Why this build ? ¤
A day i found a Cybil's Paw... and i wanted to try it.
But the only skill i saw for this item was Incinerate in order to maximise the "+8 Life gained for each enemy hit by your Spells"

So i tried to make a little build with cheap gear to test this Cybil's Paw. and how i was surprised to see the powerfull synergy between Incinerate and this item.
I was able to run through all act until the sceptre of god merciless with only self dropp gear or cheap unique item.

With 1.2 patch i decided to make this build with more survivability.
With the "6% increased Spell Damage per 5% Block Chance" from Cybil's PAw, what else than add a lot of block chance? it will add lots of survivability and lots of dps.

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤- Pros -¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤
-cheap
-easy
-very tanky
-DPS is nice too
-Desync? i don't care !

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤- Cons -¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

-not OP. if you want to clear map very quickly take another build.
-no MF for now
-beware of corrupted blood rare mobs!

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤The build Core¤
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Cybil's Paw brings all the storyline of the build :
- we need high cast speed to increase the "life gain on hit" rate
- we need high block chance to increase dps gain from Cybil's Paw
- if we have high block chance we can have high spell block chance
- Incinerate is the skill to use so as a stationnary skill we need a lot of defense
- we already have max block but it will not make use immortal so we need something else to avoid being easily killed
- As i want a cheap build, one solution is using Arctic armor
- Arctic armor is able to add a lot of survivability and with it we are immune to reflect, voidbearer and all little mobs hitting fast but not hard.
- Arctic Armor and high speed incinerate need a good mana regen so for mana regen i will add Clarity, Discipline and take Eldritch battery
- AA is not able to defend us against big hit we need a little pool of life in case we don't block them

So, let see what we need:
- block chance
- mana regen
- high casting speed
- a little life
- not many currency...

oh wait! and how i will be able to kill things if a take only defesives stats ???
do not underestimate the powerfull of incinerate. and to help it, what about to shock even rare mobs to gain 50% more dps ? i have tried it and odopted it : The Three Dragon helm !

ok lets go :)

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤The 1.2 passive tree¤
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

actually at lvl84(104pt)

the goal (110pt lvl91)

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤Bandits Quest¤
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Normal : HP because it is a life build
Cruel : Faster casting or resist because resist help a lot if you don't have good items
Merciless : passive point because we don't care about charge

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤Items¤
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Here are my choices with the goal to not need exalt for it.

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤- Weapon -¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤
Do i have to mention it?
ok ok...

life leech, cast speed, mana and if we have max block it brings 90% increase spell dmg :)

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤- Helm -¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

Three Dragon is my choice because with it we can easily shock the enemy and sometimes the boss !

It is far better than the Added Lightning support Gem because the shock duration is based on the fire damage wich is a lot more than the lighning damage from Added Lightning gemme due to the dmg effectivness of Incinerate.
And the Three dragon greatly help for resist :)

You can choose another helm if you want but you will loose in killing speed.

Another helm may be the Geofri's Crest wich have good resist and the +1lvl of gem is very powerfull if we put Arctic Armor+Empower in it (with a lvl2 empower we have a Arctic Armor lvl+3 !)

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤- Shield -¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤
Rathpith Globe is very nice.

It brings spell damage, life, spell block, ES for mana and some lighnting resist.
You don't need a high roll spell block so we can buy it for cheap.

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤- Boots -¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

v1.1.0 Rainbowstride is cheap and it bring some spell block, run speed, resist and a lot of mana.

If you have high roll of rathpith you can take boots with health/resist/speed instead of rainbowstride

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤- Belt -¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

A Doryani's Invitation (fire version) is a possible choice. It add some resist, dps and armor.
leech is not necessary because we are using Cibyl's Paw wich is work better.
I prefer a belt with life and resist.

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤- Gloves -¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

Aim for life and resist.
Armor version is a good choice, but ES is good to for mana regen.

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤- amulette -¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

Stone of Lazhwar is a very good choice.

more mana = more regen for AA
more cast speed = more dps and more leech
spell block = more tanky

but it doesn't have life and resist :(

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤- Rings -¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

Aim for mana regen, life and resist.
+fire dmg is good too.

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤- Chest -¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

Find what you want with life (and resist if you need them)
the goal is the socket linked.
-A 4L works fine until merciless.
-A 5L bring a hudge boost to clear merciless.
-A 6L is the goal of all build.
Tabula Rasa works fine because the build is tanky. With it I can fight Merveil in a 75 map without dying.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤Gems and support¤
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤- Aura and other mana reserved skills -¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

- clarity for mana regen
- discipline for mana regen
- Tempest shield for tankyness and to survive when desync issue
- Herald of Ice for dps (400 more dps at lvl13) and because we could add another low mana reserved skill

Tempest shield bring the 4% block chance we need to save some passive points but link with life leech it helps a lot to survive. we can stay in the midle of a lvl60/65 mobs group and stay alive enought time to pass a desync issue :)

=>Clarity+Discipline+Herald of Ice+Reduced mana
=>Tempest shield+ reduced mana+life leech

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤- defensive and miscellanous gems -¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

-Elemental Weakness : to easy kill the fire resist mobs
-Raize zombie : First, it was here to leveled it but in fact the three zombies can help to survive because mobs hit them before you. I use them when i am alone in map but they need to be sumon often.
-Arctic armor : you know why.
-Empower, because empowered AA is so powerfull

=> AA+Zombie+Ele Weakness+Empower

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤- my defensive triggered gems -¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

a CwDT is still lvl1 but perhaps it should be higher.
linked to :
-summon squellettons : like zombie, they distract mobs
-decoy totem : same tings
-enduring cry : just reduce some physical dmg

another CwDT linked to :
-frost wall : it knock back the mobs hitting you and your incinerate can still pass through.
-temporal chain : defensive curse. put the one you want or something else

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤- Attaque Skill -¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

cast speed cast speed cast speed!!!
so :
4L: Incinerate+LMP+faster casting+Spell Echo
5L: +fire penetration
6L: +added chaos

Faster projectil is a nice support gem too because it adds a little dps but grants your incinerate to travel the screen.
I am using Faster projectil when one low lvl map instead of fire pen. like that i can kill mobs without run to hit them.

Added lightning dmg doesn't add more dps than fire pen but fire pen help a lot with fire resist mobs. and with The Three Dragon Helm, fire pen help to shock longer.

LMP or GMP? mana cost isn't an issue. so as you wish. GMP cast a larger cone but mobs will never be touched by more than 2 or 3 beam. So i prefer LMP because a mobs hit by 2 or 3 beam will take more dmg than the GMP beams.

¤¤¤¤¤
¤DPS¤
¤¤¤¤¤

without Q20 gem except incinerate (only lvl18) my tooltip is 5k dps.
when we reach stage 3, incinerate will be 20k dps.
If a mob is shock (quite often) it will be 30k dps.
A mob in front of me touche by 3 beam can suffer 90k dps...
replace the faster proj by fire penetration and he will suffer +/-40% more...
imagine when the gems will be Q20 :p

update v1.11 :
It seem that people like to see high dps number... so why not...
lets take an exemple :
All gem lvl19 Q0 except LMP Q20/lvl17 = 6110 tooltips dps
third stage of incinerate = 24440
three beams from LMP = 73320
on shocked mobs = 109980
with fire pen(34%) = 147373,2
with elemental weakness(38%) = 189165,6
189k dps... does it make sense ???

The ones who love high dps number have it... me i dont care...

update v1.12 :
The using of the Atziri's flask up the dps tooltip to 6763.
so with the same than above:
All gem lvl19 Q0 except LMP Q20/lvl17 = 6763 tooltips dps
third stage of incinerate = 27052
three beams from LMP = 81156
on shocked mobs = 121734
with fire pen(34%) = 163123,56
with elemental weakness(38%) = 209382,48
210kdps !
what will appened with a vaal haste?....

update 1.13:
incinerate and add chaos are now lvl20
=>6681 tooltip dps / 7382 with flask
... =>228k dps

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤gameplay¤
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Launch aura and buff, run and burn them all !

Allways have your finger on a remove bleeding flask because we took 20 charge of corrupting blood in less than a seconde. As soon as you see the charge stacking, stop firing and use flask.
If it was a little rare mob, he may be already dead. else? perhaps you should avoid it if you cant kill it in a very short time.

I can Afk in Library (lvl67) without beeing killed by little mobs. just keep in mind that big mob (colossal squelleton or other) do more dmg than the leech provide with tempest shield. A rull is to avoid close combat with hard hitting mobs.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤My stat¤
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

offense

defense

tooltip

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤My stuff¤
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Spoiler

Update 2014/09/11 - 6110 dps

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMDHgSzBVsG6QelCPQMfQz3DkgPqxB_ES0RlhRNFecWbxa_Fy8abB6BH0EfxyLqJKomlSdhKPoreCycLYsy0TY9Nok26UVHRtdJskuNT31RYFINUzVVS1v3XcZd8l4fYG1h4mKsZOdqQ2sXbIxtGXOzfIN-4n_GgFaCEIIegseDOIuMjDaVIJu1nWOdgJ2qogCio6SxqZWvbLTFtQS4k7zqwFTB88WKxp7N-to92wvd89-K37Dhc-Nq44TkIuWO6dXr7u0g8B_wa_O-9On56PrS_xw=

Thanks to Iznobest and his DPS incinerate build (less tanky but so more powerfull)

Last edited by DarkManda on Sep 20, 2014, 2:26:33 PM
Hey sorry to comment without really reading into this, but i have a Apep's rage, would this build work with it?
A very, very decent build, nice job OP!
One thing to add though: an extremely powerful defensive mechanism with max block is cast when stunned. Coupled with max level CWDT, IC and Increased Duration, you get a lot of 9-sec immortality to physical damage..
"
scattman77 wrote:
Hey sorry to comment without really reading into this, but i have a Apep's rage, would this build work with it?

-you will loose the life on hit so you need to add a life leeche gem => less dps
-you will add a lot of dps with the cast speed and the add chaos :)
-you will loose the 90% spell dmg from cybil's+max block
-perhaps you will have some mana probleme with the 40% increased cost of skill
-it cost a lot more than a simple cybil's paw :p

i cant answer without testing that and i dont have this wand for the moment :D
"
shadowfaxpku wrote:
A very, very decent build, nice job OP!
One thing to add though: an extremely powerful defensive mechanism with max block is cast when stunned. Coupled with max level CWDT, IC and Increased Duration, you get a lot of 9-sec immortality to physical damage..

thank you :)

you're right, i should try a CWStunned, seems to be great :)
So i am level 80 currently and terribly bored with my Flameblaster.

I have a shitload of reskill points to spend(around 24) and i think i want to do Incinerate.

DO you think that would be easy doable with my current tree and respeccing it a bit?

Current Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB34rpAv6zVyu9gm0ZCPTAVLzqakOX9FJTl5VMsz1fKw1CS4XF375Ffg5cavoEB4PbVcY6WOvkXyqsmPFsNthJGyqN7FUhsDT3l4UulB8CNsXYJKcIFVCdrhJpGGUXHHF5GmwWbySqNunjavrSfuKAVk99UWCplecLJ2EG6fO-RUe1BF3GRtfd82BtLR-VIMHzgh7bC6Kjf8YRlgcelS7w1UlRDkjjhDY9napsjGKstMUegUuN_xxd8p1j5Y6ksYw2VUth4iaV

And this is how i would change it for Incinerate from now and comming levels on.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB34rpAv6zVyu9gm0ZCPTAVLzqakOX9FJTl5VMsz1fKw1CS4XF375Ffg5cavoEB4PbVcY6WOvkXyqsmPFsNtgfAjbF2CSnCBVQna4abBZvJKo26eNq-tJ-4oBWT31RYKmV5wsnYQbp875FR7UEXcZG193zYG0tH5UgwfOCHtsLoqN_xhGWBx6VLvDVSVEOSOOENj2dqmyMYqy0xR6BS43_HF3ynWPljqSxjDZVS2HiJpW4k-vumuBFnVNSLYsfxyt4LJzfsIIQj6ZEqxBYh2Wvt0kbKo3sVTI0Va4=

my current gear:
Spoiler
Spoiler
"
katjezz wrote:
So i am level 80 currently and terribly bored with my Flameblaster.

I have a shitload of reskill points to spend(around 24) and i think i want to do Incinerate.

DO you think that would be easy doable with my current tree and respeccing it a bit?

Current Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB34rpAv6zVyu9gm0ZCPTAVLzqakOX9FJTl5VMsz1fKw1CS4XF375Ffg5cavoEB4PbVcY6WOvkXyqsmPFsNthJGyqN7FUhsDT3l4UulB8CNsXYJKcIFVCdrhJpGGUXHHF5GmwWbySqNunjavrSfuKAVk99UWCplecLJ2EG6fO-RUe1BF3GRtfd82BtLR-VIMHzgh7bC6Kjf8YRlgcelS7w1UlRDkjjhDY9napsjGKstMUegUuN_xxd8p1j5Y6ksYw2VUth4iaV

And this is how i would change it for Incinerate from now and comming levels on.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB34rpAv6zVyu9gm0ZCPTAVLzqakOX9FJTl5VMsz1fKw1CS4XF375Ffg5cavoEB4PbVcY6WOvkXyqsmPFsNtgfAjbF2CSnCBVQna4abBZvJKo26eNq-tJ-4oBWT31RYKmV5wsnYQbp875FR7UEXcZG193zYG0tH5UgwfOCHtsLoqN_xhGWBx6VLvDVSVEOSOOENj2dqmyMYqy0xR6BS43_HF3ynWPljqSxjDZVS2HiJpW4k-vumuBFnVNSLYsfxyt4LJzfsIIQj6ZEqxBYh2Wvt0kbKo3sVTI0Va4=

my current gear:
Spoiler
Spoiler

hello,

bored with flammeblast??? why? it is so powerfull and i dont think that incinerate is better but why not.

i think you should have a look in the Iznobest incinerate build ( http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/856154 ) because you seem to want a more powerfull damage output (heart of flame, fire walker) than mine wich is a defensive build.
-Remove the blast Radius and area of effect because incinerate is not tagged as AOE
-You are using AA but you don't take inner force?
Flameblast is very tedious to play, especially without a 5l. Also while not directly stronger, Incinerate boosts survivability by ALOT.

And yeah probably going for AA at some point around 85.
I believe incinerate offer higher clearing speed in most occasions, if you aim at maxing block for both builds. However, flameblast can be tweaked toward offense a lot (esp burning) and can create some very powerful builds. The tankiness may be called into question though.
update:
now at lvl85 my incinerate is lvl9 and LMP is 15/q20. my dps are now 5570 :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info