How are players with default stash tabs supposed to complete "Own these unique items" challenge?

Even the muling idea is problematical. I am an altoholic. I have already filled my character slots (and the extra ones I bought). I would be loathe to delete a single one, simply to recreate it at level 1 in a new league, merely to store uniques for a challenge. To expect someone to then buy more character slots returns to the same issue as expecting them to buy more stash tabs.

It's one of those unforseen consequences that occasionally crop up. I dun believe GGG planned this as a cash grab, but it does seem, unfortunately, to tend to push sales of tabs. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
anehbah wrote:
But I didnt ask for an advice how to deal with it. If you bothered to read it, you would know. Im just merely pointing out its flaw

"
anehbah wrote:
How are players with default stash tabs supposed to complete "Own these unique items" challenge?

Both statements cannot be true. Pick one.
Look, man. Video games are hard, okay?
"
Peace_Frog wrote:
"
anehbah wrote:
But I didnt ask for an advice how to deal with it. If you bothered to read it, you would know. Im just merely pointing out its flaw

"
anehbah wrote:

Both statements cannot be true. Pick one.

What is a rhetorical question? There's missing the point of the post and then there's that.

Sharing the unique items would be a clear exploit but also the current method of finishing the challenge isn't so straight forward. I think op is questioning whether or not the challenge is a good idea to begin with.
"
SenorCatnip wrote:
What is a rhetorical question? There's missing the point of the post and then there's that.

Sharing the unique items would be a clear exploit but also the current method of finishing the challenge isn't so straight forward. I think op is questioning whether or not the challenge is a good idea to begin with.

All I'm saying is, don't ask a question on the internet if you're going to belittle the person that answers it.

There are ways to "deal with" OP's problem, without having to spend money on extra stash tabs. You'll just need to choose if having a full stable of 24 characters with full inventories is more important to you than earning the challenge. It's not ideal, but it's still free. If this was Clash of Clans or Blacklight: Retribution (seriously biased pay-to-win games), there would be a special "Unique Items Only" tab that you would have to put them in to count for the challenge. Oh, and it would take seven tabs to hold all the gear, and they start you off with zero.
It's worse than that, Peace.... he doesn't even have the problem he's complaining about. He doesn't even know someone with the problem. He's just here taking stabs at GGG.
"
Peace_Frog wrote:
All I'm saying is, don't ask a question on the internet if you're going to belittle the person that answers it.

I wasnt belittling anyone. Its common courtesy to read the topic before responding. There is only so many characters I can put into title. But it seems reading before responding is alien concept for many.
Last edited by anehbah on Aug 29, 2014, 2:26:10 PM
"
alantrik wrote:
ITT: deluded people who think that players should be forced to compensate for a game flaw...

ITT: Freeloaders who never cease to feel entitled and want everything not only for free, but also in the easiest way possible that requires the least amount of effort.
P2W...what do you win exactly? A halo around your character's head. That is win now?

I want it, but it's not exactly like every challenge you finish gives you 2% more xp gain.
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Even the muling idea is problematical. I am an altoholic. I have already filled my character slots (and the extra ones I bought). I would be loathe to delete a single one, simply to recreate it at level 1 in a new league, merely to store uniques for a challenge. To expect someone to then buy more character slots returns to the same issue as expecting them to buy more stash tabs.

It's one of those unforseen consequences that occasionally crop up. I dun believe GGG planned this as a cash grab, but it does seem, unfortunately, to tend to push sales of tabs. ='[.]'=

Thank you for input, definitely one of the issues I thought about too. I myself am altaholic as well, Id certainly have a problem with muling sooner or later.

Im certainly not accusing GGG of any foul play. Just pointing out a flaw in this challenge. GGG is f2p game, "freeloaders" or however people want to call them, are required just as much as anyone else, for it to keep striving. Thats a fact. Also, just because someone didnt get additional stash tabs doesnt mean he never supported PoE, we all have different priorities, right? This is more of a response to few other people though.

Shame more people dont just simply think about it instead of being aggresive, smart-assed and overdefensive for no reason.
"
anehbah wrote:
If you bothered to read it, you would know.

"
anehbah wrote:
Its common courtesy to read the topic before responding

"
anehbah wrote:
But it seems reading before responding is alien concept for many.

You're right. I mistook belittling for equally juvenile passive-aggression. But as it seems English is not your first language, I'll assume the language barrier is to blame for how your posts sound, and that such was not your intent.

Man, that's fun!

Back on topic: Buy the damn stash tabs, and be happy you didn't have to drop $60, $40 and $40 for the game and two expansions already! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info