Masters remove crafted mod

One question - can any master remove mods from an item, or do you have to have lvl 8 master who crafted the mod to remove it?
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
archiadus wrote:
I don't think that many will agree with me on this but I feel that level 8 is actually an appropriate level for removing mods because being able to add "that one mod that you really need to boost your build" is a great benefit even at the lower levels, sure you're stuck with that mod until you get a different item but there's tons of upgrades to your gear available from monster drops at those levels.

i agree. its fine the way it is now.
I agree, this is a very useful low-cost low-reward utility and shouldn't be inaccessible to 99% of the players for the next few months (which is fine with ultra end game content like Uber Atziri).
As it is, crafting any of the lvl 3 or 4 modifiers when higher ones are available later is not reasonable, because getting e.g. Haku to lvl 6 seems doable within 2-3 weeks for most players (and to lvl 5 it's trivial).

And if the concern is too strong empowerment of high lvl binge rerolls to get the max stat, simply make the removal cost half a stack of scourings or such. Works nicely for changing to a higher tier after 2-3 weeks, but expensive to do 50 times. Currently the "opposite" has extremely active players being able to reroll indefinitely, but nobody else.

Besides, since we don't get the max tier affixes from crafting benches (a very good design decision IMO), ultra high end crafters will probably stick to exalting items.

It would be nice if we'd get some GGG official to explain the reasoning behind putting removal at lvl 8, as it evidently doesn't make much sense to a lot of players.
+1
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
In a 3 months league most of the player base may get 1 or 2 masters to level 8 by the END of the league, so what everyone is really doing is leveling masters for standard and HC.
bump for support.
How does one (if possible) go about getting an official GGG response?

Do we hope a thread gets enough exposure to get noticed, or is there a formal process?
+ 1

Level 8 is too high.

4-5 feels right for me

There is zero point in investing in your leveling gear if you can't remove the mod. I found a nice belt with lots of life for my Lv 50 character, added some cold res. now 15 levels later I am still using the same belt and my cold res is more hen maxed. I want to remove this mod but I can't because I need a Lv 8 tora...

Now any items I find that would be great with that extra crafted mod I find myself thinking " I need to wait until my masters get to a higher Lv because I don't want these items to be stuck with sub par mods until lv8.

Also by the time my masters get to Lv 8 I Am sure that I will have better gear anyway so I won't even need to reroll those early inferior rolls on these early items.

Make the cost a scouring + plus the initial crafting cost.

Side note . The people with full level 8 masters won't even use the crafts mods for their intended purpose. ( that is improving your items) if you have 7 level 8 masters you are probably the player with 6 linked t1 roll gear. Whiich masters don't offer.

Masters should help leveling players and the "noobs or casuals" the most. But currently they really only help the hardcore no lifers ( no hate, each to their own) with lots of externals exalts ... First world problem.

GGG response plz?.
Stay out of the shadows
Last edited by Poprocker on Sep 3, 2014, 1:37:07 AM
Or make the cost diminish as master levels?
+1

Ruined an insanely good ring by putting an extra fire res mod on it when meant to be lighting res, which already was overcapped. That was 1 week ago when my master was level 4, now he is 6, still have to wait another 2 long levels! Seeing as how hard it is to get good gear at high level, and even harder to get upgrades this little bit of tuning that we can do now should be more accessable.

IMO, level 6, not just because I have level 6, but simply because 6 means you have to work for it but not have to wait a month for that level 7. Lower level is fine but too easy to reach IMO.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info