Masters remove crafted mod

It makes no sense to have at level 8.

You're unlocking new, better tiers of the same mods as you level up your masters, yet if you used a level 1 master mod on an item, which is especially conceivable for new players, you're stuck with that until level 8 and get no benefit from the increasing tiers from level 2-6.

Honestly can't understand their decision to do this. It's not even that powerful to be able to remove a mod you put on something :/

It would be interesting to hear GGG's thinking on this. Eventually you'll be able to do it anyways when you get to 8, so all it is really affecting is new league progression. The recent changes to master spawn rates indicate they don't want us to solely grind them, so why put such a utility function all the way at the end? Seems like they intend the mod remove to be used primarily in conjunction with eternal/exalt crafting and not just to improve gear as you go. I don't really get it, it is just one mod. It isn't like you're going to keep the same gear from normal all through the game, eventually you'll find pieces that are better overall.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
+1

Should be on Lvl 1 or max 4, but 8 makes no sense for me

Just my 2 cents...
Level 8 makes no sense, at least push it down to 5/6.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Should be around Lvl 4-6 IMO, by the time you reach lvl 8 to be able to remove craft mods you will almost definitely not need to anymore since you can just get better things. Remove craft mod is much suited for the mid game leveling process, not end-end-end-game...
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Aug 29, 2014, 9:16:56 PM
Agreed, I want to craft a mod or two right now but I wont if I cant remove it because I don't want to be stuck with it if I level up masters more and get a higher level roll, or if I get a low roll to begin with then im stuck and that's just shitty. Makes playing difficult.

Bump
8 is good, u need an incentive to reach lvl 8 and it makes your crafting choices more important, u need to have some permanence when crafting
and once you reach level 8 that permanence is removed? what?
imho it should be something like this
lvl 6: able to remove an crafted mod once (for each master u have at lvl 6 ofc)
lvl 7: able to remove an crafted mod once per item
lvl 8: able to remove an crafted mod infitity

i fucked up an gosu wand with the wrong craft. now i have to wait until lvl 8, what will never happen
They probably made it level 8 because of eternal+exalt crafting. You could just choose the mod you certainly don't want (thorns or something), then eternal+exalt till you get the mod you wanted (higher odds because you can't roll the thing you put on with master) and then remove the useless mod.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info