New Merveil is too strong

Zero problems with her in norm, cruel and merci

Normal with 20% cold res too and 0 armor. How do you guys play to have problems with her on normal???
Had no problems with her in normal, cruel and merciless but graveyard/necropolis merveil have been far harder than piety in temple/shrine. I'm playing a melee character so I had to skip her for a while till my spellblock got higher.
"
alt0172 wrote:
Are you playing in party? In party everything is easier

I'm talking about solo killinh her

Also how 15% res could be ok if i die in seconds from her ice rain with 85% (maelstorm map version)?

I am playing solo and I've already killed her in Merciless in Beyond. Solo.
She is not all that fearful for me. It sounds like you try to deliberately facetank her ice rain when you're supposed to move constantly.

So far 90% of the commenters seem to prefer the new Merveil fight over the old. I'm with them.

As for the 2nd form tornadoes, you're supposed to move away from their area of effect too. Not that hard.
Another quality ZAP! post.
So far, I've beaten her on:
Cleave duelist(is that true melee enough for you?) on all 3 difficulties
Ice spear/freezing pulse witch, normal and cruel
Reave/viper strike shadow, normal and cruel
Summon raging spirit/Shockwave Totem templar on normal

Most of those were solo and with little or no trading done, nothing particularly special for gear, and at or below the level of the zone. No problems with any of them and I wouldn't consider myself to be anywhere near the most skilled player out there. The fight is fine.
"
Hodari wrote:
So far, I've beaten her on:
Cleave duelist(is that true melee enough for you?) on all 3 difficulties
Ice spear/freezing pulse witch, normal and cruel
Reave/viper strike shadow, normal and cruel
Summon raging spirit/Shockwave Totem templar on normal

Most of those were solo and with little or no trading done, nothing particularly special for gear, and at or below the level of the zone. No problems with any of them and I wouldn't consider myself to be anywhere near the most skilled player out there. The fight is fine.

that includes rare graveyard/necropolis map ofc?
I dont think the fight is too hard-- it's just too damn messy. Seriously, it's like watching static.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Maybe Merveil is doable thru the main acts.

On Necropolis, she is insane. If you can't down her in less than 10 secs in her second form, the entire half of the small-ass boss stage is filled with water tornadoes. You think there'd be a break in the water tornadoes? Nope. The water tornadoes keep spawning and change randomly. I was in a situation as an archer where I was trapped in a safe corner (corner is exaggerating... more like if I moved 10 pixels in any direction I'd get hit) for a minute, not being able to do anything. Then it was no longer safe as the tornado spawns shifted and I died.

Only those with spell block or extremely high DPS or PoI/sapphireflask/overcapped cold rez could attempt it.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Last edited by Islidox on Aug 28, 2014, 7:36:05 PM
Act Merveil is okey.

Map Merveil is defenetly too strong. Just Bluerolled map with +2 Exiles (70 Map), 75% Coldres : 1 Spear did ~800 dmg, icerain did 2k in 2 sec before i got out.

Tried with a Coldres Flask, still too much dmg.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
I still don't like the early merveil fights. They are not hard. They are just too overwhelming. Exspecially if you die once and reenter the area, which might happen to new players. The amount of tornados just seems fairly high.

The 1st face is only tricky if you lack good AoE. My RF-Marauder using FB to level had a hard time dodging the ice-rain and still killing the statues faster than she summoned new ones.

The only other issue I had was in Graveyard with my summoner. I didn't died to her but since it is hard to precisely tell minions what they should attack they often wasted time on the adds which made the fight took longer as necessariy. But during the first form there are enough breaks to recharge ES, the second form however... well I only had to deal with her once in a Zana Necropolis. The Missions was already done but the minions are not smart enough to move out of tornados exspecially when she summons one right on top of herself. There is no way to tell your minions to not rush towards her and attack her. The other Necropolis Zana invited me too... well it had two Merveils and while the first form is doable, the second is not.
"
Vincendra wrote:
Act Merveil is okey.

Map Merveil is defenetly too strong. Just Bluerolled map with +2 Exiles (70 Map), 75% Coldres : 1 Spear did ~800 dmg, icerain did 2k in 2 sec before i got out.

Tried with a Coldres Flask, still too much dmg.
Got graveyard map from Zana's mission, 2 bosses + unique boss moves and attacks faster. It was SC so I went just to look at this, I knew I will die. The most absurd thing was that after 10-15 seconds all, and I mean ALL screen was filled by that tornadoes or geyser or whatever they are, it looked so silly :)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info