New Merveil is too strong

Merveil is a pain in the a$$ now.
I play a Lvl 88 Marauder, Righteaus Fire Build. I can do 77/78 Bosses but even Merveil in the Unique Mountain Ledge Map is almost killing me.
In the 75 Necropolis Map she is a Nogo for me.

And I agree with many writers here: why the hell always put more effects to bossfights? The lags are additional chances to get killed.

The 1.2. Update is great but the "improvements" to bosses really are not.
With the help of Zana i have experienced a level 73 necropolis fight with Merveil
using my dual flame totem BM build with a non-legacy saffels shield.

And it was my first time to see the geysers (=aka do the full fight).

Didn't loose any xp, but the fight was crazy:
totems (20/20 with max increased totem life) die quickly from ice rain,
in second form too much is going on,
i couldn't understand who is who and where to place totems,
so i just run around like crazy, placing totems totally at random, until she was defeated.
Overwhelming indeed as many people say, and not for the good.
Didn't enjoy it a bit, even with the very nicely looking geysers.

The fight took some time,
and judging by it i won't be doing it again in normal 75 necropolis;
and its a shame.

Overall i didn't like the new fight.
Old fight was a bit easy, true,
but the new one is over the top.

At least the area should be larger, to allow for some more maneuverability.

Oh, and it's kinda silly how the boss area is integrated to the maps now
(stairs in a sarcophagus... what?) feels totally out of place, both in necropolis
and in the graveyard.

Even the unstoppable force can not break the unbreakable wall.
I agree that her second form is somewhat OP because of the sheer number of the Tornado spawns in maps. Especially if there is "the 2 Bosses" map Modifier. When 2 Merveils are in the second form the whole bossroom is covered in Tornados you have no spaceto hide from them.
It is the best fight in the game if you start with fresh char.
This fight is out of control on minus max necropolis.
Well this is another orchard type of absurd :S
Fun part is that even orchard boss area is like half bigger...
My story is:
I somehow didnt expect to die in 1s while playing blue map. So i went for graveyard to try it out first time without hearing any opinions. I rolled inc dmg+fast att boss mod.
Im 4.8k hp 62% block (no spell block tho) 76 cold (rest res capped except chaos) and couldnt survive first hit from rain/swords/bollocks combo... i just vaporised when i reached face distance... gladly i play scrub 4 month but still... this encounter leaves a bad taste...

Overall:
Acts merv: i like it!
Graveyard: srsly? (Mb in party cos i went solo)
Necro: (from what u guys wrote) nty...

And what's the funniest, the first phase is the easier part of the fight ^^
As you can properly use flasks and dodge/run away from the ice storm and freeze pulse.
Where player's skills, spellblock and other forms of defence matter.
Though damage is on top of the roof, there are still any chances.

Second phase is killer : if you don't finish her off in several seconds, soon room got literally filled with tornados, ice storm is still falling over you, flasks got empty in sudden and there's no place to hide or maneuver.
And she's not weak at all, I failed to kill her quickly with 40k dps, so dropped dead.

No more necro Merv. NO. FUCKIN. MORE. ^^
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Apparently three levels makes all the difference in the world because Graveyard Merveil is absurdly more difficult than MoC Merveil. Had little trouble with MoC, died once but it was my fault, and had to portal out a couple of times after that, but otherwise no real issue with 76 cold resists. Higher in level and more prepared, in three tries I couldn't even beat the first form of Graveyard with 86 cold resist from a sapphire flask. Her adds just have ridiculous HP and she spams them like crazy along with her spells which do a ton of damage. And this was a just a plus two exiles/magic packs blue map.

It's hilarious that she still spawns with blue packs.
Necropolis Merveil is fair enough, for what it's worth. Not a pushover like before, but not a top tier difficulty boss (Jungle Valley vs non-CI / Palace or Residence Dominus / Shock & Horror / Courtyard / Shrine Piety / etc).

Agree that she's a bit overtuned for Normal difficulty and maybe Graveyard.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
So I rolled graveyard with +4 projectiles. Merveil's ice spears basically become undodgeable. On top of that, the room was full of evangelists. Died in 3 secs. Having capped resists, 45% spell dodge, a lot of evasion and acrobatics couldn't help me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info