New Merveil is too strong

I guess Graveyard and especially Necropolis join the list of: Orchard, Museum, Labyrinth, Jungle Valley, Torture Chamber, Residence and Palace of maps where for *most* builds it is not cost-effective to do the boss anymore.....

(please do not reply to this that your build can do some/all of these - I know)
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
"
Flapdrol wrote:
I guess Graveyard and especially Necropolis join the list of: Orchard, Museum, Labyrinth, Jungle Valley, Torture Chamber, Residence and Palace of maps where for *most* builds it is not cost-effective to do the boss anymore.....

(please do not reply to this that your build can do some/all of these - I know)

Well agreed, those are bosses that most likely make you roll the map far easier than profitable. Although I would add Temple Piety and Crematorium to the list and I'm a bit uncertain about Museum, it is fairly easy if you pull them one at a time.

The point is bosses in maps are unprofitable. You can roll a 140% IIQ map or don't reroll a double boss map and just skip the boss or you could spend more chaos rolling losing a bit IIQ to be able to beat the boss. My MF-Summoner even though is terrible can basically do any map except CI and Bloodmagic. If he gets a nasty just lure them in a corner and let them rot.

But doing a no-regen 4 additional projectiles dominus? Nope.
I didnt die yet to her in all three difficulties. Some tips.

1. max cold res
2. have vaal summon skellies ready going in. Cast when she clones.
3. dodge stuffs

Vegan is too strong. havent beaten him yet in two meetings.
Git R Dun!
Did her solo selffound in beyond as a viperstrike/acrobatics shadow on all 3 diffs. No big deal as long as you watch what she is doing.

In phase one circle her, when she does the ice barrage take one step to either side and hit her a few times. Icestorm -> get out of it, whirling blades, lightnig warp, leapslam...every char should have a movement skill. The statues are a bit anoying, but very slow.

Phase 2 is actually much easier, just wait for the waterjets to appear (with leech/lgoh I could actually ignore the jets entirely in merc) and attack her. Might be a good idea to get some distance when she starts "singing", but everything else can be ignored/will get killed by splashdmg.

Haven't played any maps with her yet, so I can't comment on the damage there.
"
sherkhan wrote:

My SRS setup on one month could do those maps. Still need a few nodes, gem levels, and gear pieces in rampage to get up to 75+ map level - but I should be able to hit up palace Dom for cash once I do. Have my build setup somewhere on the forums.

Don't be that sure you'll be able to do her with ease, or at all ^^
Already tried the new necro Merv ?
Spoiler
Tried her for the first time with a 91 char, unprepared, exp loss hurts ^^
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Sep 1, 2014, 8:05:56 AM
I just visited Graveyard with my summoner and had to Alf-F4 first time in 2 years of playing PoE. I lagged for second or two on loading boss room and in this time, my evangelists died and without them, my 15K HP and capped reses zombies died in few seconds. In 70 lvl area...

I returned, cleared map and attempted boss second time, but this time I managed to cast Vaal Skeletons just when I loaded to her room and she died easily.

I really don't see point doing that boss, if my exp loss depends on that, if I lag or not, considering poor engine performance here.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Sep 1, 2014, 8:26:38 AM
Hello. I have 4fps in that fight. That means if i want to kill here, without any help I will need to tank here attacks, and that is exactly what I did. With 75 res in cold and fire for later stage you will be able to do it.

While for normal and maybe cruel that is ok, that should not be the case for last dif.
The last dif i feel here dmg should be boosted so I can not face tank here attacks, or stand still in that tornado thing.

Playing solo, in beyond league. Did not try here in maps, so can not comment on that
Last edited by Ragnar119 on Sep 1, 2014, 9:55:55 AM
For me First Form is To Srong, second form is Easy, but now is easy have lag problems and mele characters can die easy, the old one as to easy, i make a Marauler, get a litle of life and life regen and then she cant kill, literaly i no atack she no kill me, whit no resistences
All the crap going on in this fight kills my fps. I really don't like it at all.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
"
ShadowRedMoon wrote:
For me First Form is To Srong, second form is Easy, but now is easy have lag problems and mele characters can die easy, the old one as to easy, i make a Marauler, get a litle of life and life regen and then she cant kill, literaly i no atack she no kill me, whit no resistences

Agreed with the Lag problems. I only used to hate Dom but now this one is stupid too. Sorry guys, put some *real* stuff into the game instead of trying to make my screen explode and blind me and killing the bloody fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info