[1.2.4] SHATTER CHUCK - 3 MILLION SUSTAINABLE DPS (6.7 \W SHOCK & CURSE) - EASY UBER ATZIRI

Do you think this build is uber capable with 2 void batteries, no acuity and no shavs revelation?
'
I'm in rampage and really want to kill uber for the first time, but I feel like without those items the build wouldn't be uber capable.. Thoughts?
IGN Ken__Kaniff
"
Knightmare101 wrote:
Do you think this build is uber capable with 2 void batteries, no acuity and no shavs revelation?
'
I'm in rampage and really want to kill uber for the first time, but I feel like without those items the build wouldn't be uber capable.. Thoughts?

Should still be doable, albeit harder. By having to go Vaal Pact + Life Leech gem you sacrifice 12 skill points (only 6 if you manage to get 4 life on hit on jewelry) and your second triggered spell, more than halving your DPS... but it still rivals the DPS of other popular uber-capable builds even then.

Your biggest challenge will be go get 6.5k - 7k ES and a 6L shav's.
IGN: Pirteloli
Last edited by Tom94 on Sep 16, 2014, 4:03:49 PM
Ok, I know it's no Apocalypse Thirst, but I feel that for the 80 odd Alts, 4 Regals, 8 Chaos, 1 Divine and 5 alch it took to craft, is a lot better than most things you can find on the market:

Alted Incision (Tier 1 crit chance, 4 times in 80 or so Alts)
Regal Unmaking (Tier 1 Crit chance for spells, after regaling shit 3 times)
I would've been happier with an hybrid spell/mana roll since there's none on benches yet, but I didn't felt like Scouring Unmaking.

Then left everything else for the benchcrafts:
Can have additional crafted mods from Elreon (1 Divine)
Spell Damage from Catarina (5 alch)
Cold Leech from Catarina (4 Chaos)
Light Leech from Catarina (4 Chaos)

Still no hybrid spell damage + mana mods on benches, so I opted for additional leech since all other prefixes were useless for CoC.

Only tried it in a couple 77s and the leech with AB + Arc and Cold Doryani was insane, the difference really stood out.

It also put me at 93.3 crit chance on barrage and 73.2 on spell, compared to what I had before, that was just 89.4 crit with 71 for spells.
IGN:
Jiaozy - Jiaozy[something]
Last edited by Jiaozy on Sep 16, 2014, 5:37:06 PM
For the rampage league guys I have another question.

Can you sustain your barrage mana cost with life gain on hit gem and take zealot's oath keystone to sustain blood rage and righteous fire? (Maybe use a springleaf shield for 6% regen and take 1% regen node + vitality?)

This might open up new options for mapping WITH righteous fire on or just swapping to the shield for bosses only for us budget guys out there, or non-standard guys.
"
Tom94 wrote:

I'd have to change my gear and skill tree to test that, requiring currency I don't want to spend, sorry. The links you are mentioning are correct, but keep in mind that you can swap out Arctic Breath for whatever you like most. Arc and Freezing Pulse are both very good options for maps, too.

You don't need any gear with life gain on it. As already said a lot of times in this thread you can simply skill 4 life on hit by using 6 nodes right of resolute technique. Another 6 nodes can be used to obtain vaal pact. Note that this increases the level requirement for the build by quite a bit by reducing its damage. Don't expect it to be effective below level 85. You should level with something else in that case. :/

Lastly, a shavronne's revelation ring would still be great. Vaal Pact doesn't stop you from regenerating ES.

Given that you cant test it out, I'll just say that 4 life again on hit is not enough to overcome the no life regen. If you cant get a Atziri's Acuity then build just gets redic with finding alternatives, unless you opt for life base build instead of ES.

Did some more testing and so far I've been able to do somewhat better with double cursing. Using Warlord's Mark & either temporal chains for safety or debuffs like Elemental Weakness, Enfeeble, or Projectile Weakness (adds nice knock back). Even tried Poacher's Mark for more life gain on hit. But by the end of the day having to pop my Surgeon's Hallowed Life Flask of Heat
every few seconds, has been helping me msustain mana/life for skill casting hands down. Currently trying dropping life leech gem from my Shav to two ice element skills to gain more from my 1% cold dmg leech (Doryani's Invitation) and keeping Warlord's Mark as other life leech source.

Keep in mind I'm only lv75 and have not tested using righteous fire during boss fight but can still kill merciless dominus easy. So I believe righteous fire would work also but much harder to gain back ES when there arent any mobs since no instant heal, so will make stuff a little harder with micro managing your character during the fight.

"
Mothren wrote:

Can you sustain your barrage mana cost with life gain on hit gem and take zealot's oath keystone to sustain blood rage and righteous fire? (Maybe use a springleaf shield for 6% regen and take 1% regen node + vitality?)

This might open up new options for mapping WITH righteous fire on or just swapping to the shield for bosses only for us budget guys out there, or non-standard guys.

I actually tried exactly what you suggest minus the LGOH. I would have to say from what I experienced the LGOH would get rid of the mana issues for casting skills but without any sort of instant heal (be it Atziri's Acuity or Vaal Pack), the regen amount wouldnt help against those hits that knock you more than 50% of your ES amount. Since during these situations you need to gain your life back fast before they hit you again.

My ES per sec with zealot's oath, springleaf shield, Shavronne's Revelation, Vitality Aura, and Shaper keystone was 5xx ES per sec to my 4.7k max ES (12.x% life). Easily tank small mobs but those hard hits left me dead and relying on more life leech via 1% cold dmg from my Doryani's Invitation. Was just too slow of recovery in the heat of hard bosses or mobs.

Still doing more testing and mix and matching. Current gear setup and gems. I'll be swapping out reduce duration for righteous fire when I get the balls to try it in a boss fight. Never was good at multitasking during hard fights. Also note I tried Cold Snap instead of Freezing Pulse in Shav, it hits harder but drains power charges.

My wand and shield suck too much to actually use outside of random testing, but I feel a wand and shield will be needed for the extra ES amount when facing Uber Atziri without Atziri's Acuity, if your staying with blood magic with no acuity.

For the time being dropped Empower and Enhance until I can free up some more gem slots. And swapped out Purity of Lightning for Elements since my gloves make up for the rest of resistance.
Last edited by patrickcampbe21 on Sep 16, 2014, 8:59:43 PM
Hey Tom, I saw you changed the coloring on gloves, helm and boots in your shield version, I think running lvl 23 discipline is a better solution in the void version also cause it lacks survivability and the damage is outrageous even. Or am I missing something? 2 bad I didnt c it before I got some mirrored es boots to fix the resist problems the build can have when not running purity of elements all the time.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874

Only need a Leg Shavs now to fulfill! Tks for the awesome build Tom
"
Dkodr wrote:
Hey Tom, I saw you changed the coloring on gloves, helm and boots in your shield version, I think running lvl 23 discipline is a better solution in the void version also cause it lacks survivability and the damage is outrageous even. Or am I missing something? 2 bad I didnt c it before I got some mirrored es boots to fix the resist problems the build can have when not running purity of elements all the time.

I'm actually running lvl23 Discipline, too. Just didn't get the chance to update the void battery gear yet - sorry. The mirrored gear already reflects the change.

"
"
Tom94 wrote:

I'd have to change my gear and skill tree to test that, requiring currency I don't want to spend, sorry. The links you are mentioning are correct, but keep in mind that you can swap out Arctic Breath for whatever you like most. Arc and Freezing Pulse are both very good options for maps, too.

You don't need any gear with life gain on it. As already said a lot of times in this thread you can simply skill 4 life on hit by using 6 nodes right of resolute technique. Another 6 nodes can be used to obtain vaal pact. Note that this increases the level requirement for the build by quite a bit by reducing its damage. Don't expect it to be effective below level 85. You should level with something else in that case. :/

Lastly, a shavronne's revelation ring would still be great. Vaal Pact doesn't stop you from regenerating ES.

Given that you cant test it out, I'll just say that 4 life again on hit is not enough to overcome the no life regen. If you cant get a Atziri's Acuity then build just gets redic with finding alternatives, unless you opt for life base build instead of ES.

Even without testing I can guarantee you that 4 LGOH are enough by far. Barrage costs 15 mana, so 4 out of 8 projectiles need to hit and you can easily sustain it. With your life pool you can usually throw like 20+ barrages since you dont need to use Vitality before you go out of life, so blanks are also no issue.

"
Mothren wrote:

No. 7% regeneration aren't enough by far. Even 11% you would have with shavronne's revelation wouldn't be. You only have 84% fire resi without flasks.

Also you don't need to use the LGOH gem. Just skill 4 LGOH on the tree or get it on jewelry.
Last edited by Tom94 on Sep 17, 2014, 1:45:48 AM
"
NNeto wrote:

Only need a Leg Shavs now to fulfill! Tks for the awesome build Tom

Man, I wish I could afford mirrored boots + helm. You gotta have over 10,000 ES with that setup. *_*

Very nice gear you have there, just a leg shav's and flat ES on ring missing. :D
(And potentially an amulet with ES instead of phys as soon as someone crafts one.)

PS: Scour your barrage back to lvl 5 this instant! The mana cost is lower, the wiki is outdated. :p
Last edited by Tom94 on Sep 17, 2014, 1:56:02 AM
"
Tom94 wrote:

Even without testing I can guarantee you that 4 LGOH are enough by far. Barrage costs 15 mana, so 4 out of 8 projectiles need to hit and you can easily sustain it. With your life pool you can usually throw like 20+ barrages since you dont need to use Vitality before you go out of life, so blanks are also no issue.

Not to beat a dead horse but to just clarify for anyone else trying your build out without Acuity gloves. I think your misinterpreting what I said last post. I'm currently playing with it and yes it does work but you end up with moments that you dont have enough life to cast it at times, especially if you use any other skill besides barrage (lightning warp for example) and will have to pop a life flask every few seconds. Else you end up looking stupid and hitting mobs with default wand attack to gain back enough life to cast barrage again. ...And yes there should be no reason to take it beyond lv5, esp if you are using vaal pack.
Last edited by patrickcampbe21 on Sep 17, 2014, 3:23:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info