Why don't YOU play HC?

I love HC, but having to play from a laptop half the time while consistently having to alt-tab because of my work makes it near impossible to do any mapping without taking risks you should never take.

So I've taken a liking to making my own HC viable builds that aren't FOTM and just testing them in SC.
Just another voice in the crowd, but:

Desync.

That's actually it, really.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
There is a really simple solution for everyone saying desync.. make a /oos button. Honestly as long as your playing smart and resync every once and a while its a non issue.
Because when you wonder why you are playing the game, you feel presented with a challenge.

SC is too 1-dimensional for me.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
"
JIIX wrote:
Because my idea of fun is facerolling the game with my eyes closed.

Best answer in this thread. Honest and without bullshitting.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
I tried playing HC this go-around, but here's the reason I stopped:

1) Beyond mods are stupid IMO, Rampage isn't awesome, but I think is better than Beyond.
2) Died to unexpectedly harder merveil fight act 1
3) I died to desync lvl 30 defending pillars in a mission
4) I died to falling rocks lvl 35 another mission
5) I died to falling rocks again high 20s
6) Died low 40s to server lag -> crash (when POE started being DDOS).

Wasted time in my opinion. Didn't have extra thrill leveling a HC vs. SC. Most of my deaths are not my fault (desync/lag, and stupid hard falling rocks insta death).

I got a tabula out of it though, apparently HC drops much better because my friend tried HC first time too and he also got a tabula. I think HC is easy mode for items, as drops seem way better there (either super outlier RNG or not RNG at all).
We all know the big obvious reason which is also the main reason why I've only tried it once. It's not bad, just don't want to deal with something out of my control, yes /oos exists but it won't always save you. Another reason is I have a shitty laptop, and I get massive drops in certain areas also when opening strong boxes that has a lot of mobs in it.
I've died more often to hiccups on the screen and weird issues and my computer plays the game at a slow framerate even with options turned off so HC is impossible and would just be frustrating.
Desync really is not that bad, I have died one time back in Nemesis League due to desync.

Out of a really high amount of deaths... just one due to desync.

If you start rubberbanding, you quit running around till it gets better. The same way high level sc players do because of that 10% loss.

I have yet to alt-f4 out of a game. And that is not something that only HC players do.

For those that have the above as their main reason...you are missing out.
Last edited by Spodean on Aug 27, 2014, 12:52:23 PM
Because I still need the level 90 softcore achievement, and once I get really into HC, I will lose interest in SC. Happened in every other game of this kind.

However, I do have some issues with alt-F4 being considered a tool by the devs, which makes using AHK a requirement.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info