[2.2 updated, sub 5 min lab run video] low life kinetic blast by ddddddddddddddddddddime

"
"
Lawyne wrote:
"
stzbttln wrote:

The ES loss I was talking about was from going from level 26 discipline to a level 24 with mirrored boots. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm fairly certain that with all the aura nodes and inner force nodes increasing aura effects, going from lvl 24 discipline is a bigger hit to ES than the Es you gain from mirrored boots, not including the dps loss from running a 24 aura instead of a 26. Mirrored boots also cost a lot more. About the mana, I was aobviously talking about mana wanders too.

The level 5 enlighten is not required but it's a nice boost to the life pool we have to spend for attacking.

I tried haste for a while but I felt that since the way this build works is generally cast once in a pack and it dies, I wanted to concentrate more on the 1 shotting capabilities instead of shooting multiple times. Most of the time someone in a 6 man party is running haste anyway so it isn't so bad. Maybe next patch we can run more auras and I'll try to fit it back in, but I doubt it since I don't pick up all aura nodes anymore.

Thanks for your input by the way. I'd be interested in testing if rainbowstrides + 26 disc gives more ES than mirrored boots + 24 disc. If anyone has a pair, maybe try it out and report back.

I already tested that scenario ;) u gain about 400 ES with Sorcerer Boots 2Res + 50 Int and Movementspeed.

Dropping Anger means u dont oneshot things anymore? then keep it ofc, Haste would just be for the Movementspeed. Though I heard Bloodrage will lose its Lowlife Attack Speed Bonus, so maybe Haste will be interesting in 2.0 again.

yup haste, but without inner force and taking 20% reduced mana from the tree+blood magic you don't have a lot of aura effect, haste isn't really that good for attack speed, and remember that the nerf to PCOC with blood rage, means that power charges will be gained more slowly than now

with lvl 21 PCOC and capped crit chance, you need 14-15 attacks to gain 7 power charges :/
(14-15 attacks with 40-50% less attack speed than now so slowly )

The whole point of power charges is to get capped crit chance. Calculating how many hits it takes to get power charges when crit capped is a bit pointless. If pcoc gem is nerfed too hard, we will just have to work towards getting capped crit chance without power charges. We will lose 24% spell damage but it isn't sod bad, and jewels can offer some nice crit. Worst case scenario, we use increased crit strike chance gem in the 6L and drop crit dmg.

What worries me is the new blood rage, needs to be tested to see just how much ES you end up losing.
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989804

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
IGN ddddddddddddddddddddime
Dont forget the 60% attack speed and 10% leech you lose lol :)
"
Lanfear88 wrote:

Yeah that hurts also, but running haste and getting a few attack speed nodes can solve that.

I don't think it justifies saying low life is dead and completely abandonning the idea of low life builds just based on a useful OP gem getting nerfed a month away from official release, where the game will surely change in many more ways until then.
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
"
stzbttln wrote:
"
Lanfear88 wrote:

Yeah that hurts also, but running haste and getting a few attack speed nodes can solve that.

I don't think it justifies saying low life is dead and completely abandonning the idea of low life builds just based on a useful OP gem getting nerfed a month away from official release, where the game will surely change in many more ways until then.

my spectral throw does 23k dps with 6 power charges and no blood rage, and 38k dps with blood rage

i lose 1k es over 16,5 seconds with blood rage activated (1347 life and 6k es) since chaos does not bypass energyshield, i think the degen is calculated on the maximum life but taken on ES; if the degen is the same with the new gem, life from 250 will fall to 0 in 3 seconds or so if im correct since the degen is not more chaos but phys

or because we are ES, both degen apply only on energy shield?
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Jun 5, 2015, 1:49:56 PM
"
"
stzbttln wrote:
"
Lanfear88 wrote:

my spectral throw does 23k dps with 6 power charges and no blood rage, and 38k dps with blood rage

i lose 1k es over 16,5 seconds with blood rage activated (1347 life and 6k es) since chaos does not bypass energyshield, i think the degen is calculated on the maximum life but taken on ES; if the degen is the same with the new gem, life from 250 will fall to 0 in 3 seconds or so if im correct since the degen is not more chaos but phys

or because we are ES, both degen apply only on energy shield?

Both degens are supposed to apply to energy shield. The new blood rage gem is physical, not chaos, so it doesn't matter when you are talking about chaos damage applies to energy shield.

This is exactly why I think it's stupid to freak out so early, you don't even undertsand how the goddamn gem works yet lol.

Blood rage is an OP gem that was expected to be nerfed to the ground in 1.2. It was about time it got nerfed and low life can still work easily by getting the attack speed elsewhere.

twitch.tv/steezbattalion

still -30% dps, you are not so worried because kinetic blast is op, but for a windripper or spectral throw, this nerf is unstustainable

getting more attack speed from something else or jewels, still -30% dps loss because i could not take crit multiplier mods on jewels

with inner force, now blood rage gives +110% attack speed, it's going to be +20%
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Jun 5, 2015, 2:18:32 PM
"

still -30% dps, you are not so worried because kinetic blast is op, but for a windripper or spectral throw, this nerf is unstustainable

getting more attack speed from something else or jewels, still -30% dps loss because i could not take crit multiplier mods on jewels

with inner force, now blood rage gives +110% attack speed, it's going to be +20%

Then stop saying how low life is dead and start saying low life spectral throw / windripper is dead.

Not trying to sound mean here but I really hate when everyone panicks and cries after a patch. It was the same thing in 1.2, same thing in 1.3. OMG ll ded.

Like I said, official release is a month away, there's no sense in panicking right now. Chill out and theorycraft new stuff.

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
Last edited by stzbttln on Jun 5, 2015, 2:25:32 PM
hey Ashes, when KB is so OP to you, why dont u farm Uber using KB? :)
IGN: Lawyne (Stream: www.twitch.tv/lawyne) [inactive]
100% Life Shaper in 1s https://www.twitch.tv/videos/173720595
Practical Blade Flurry https://tinyurl.com/practicalBF
Crying about ST nerf should already be done with 1.3, one day it will come back, coz it is the fucking best playstyle ever of all action-rpgs and I'm sure GGG is taking off this bonus from its DPS for balancing, they just didnt hit the perfect mixture yet.

Though I find upcoming patch is the most interesting patch ever, you will get a new game with known mechanics, by one hand u start at 0, by the other hand u dont...
Dudes, u encounter loads of new imba shit to discover, either u check in for act 4 or u check in for new meta on standard first, and im sure this patch is going to bring many metas due to new balances and new uniques and jewels and new challenges in crafting and and and :)

I think u all should prepare yourself and take the changes as challenges and chances! It's not a reason to cry about, the only thing that is worth to cry about is ur Exalts stashtab when u r one of the metaplayers :D

The most important thing I learned while playing PoE is that this game is living. If u prefer a static matrix without any 'dangerous' changes and easy going meh and bleh u could play any other boring shit where u dont loose exp when dying and where u find good items everyday without needing to trade anything...

If I had time I would really look forward to 2.0, it's the place to be if u wanna freak out
and I rue a little bit that I sold all my stuff, but yea, that's life, that's family and I love it :)

But I advise u to cotton up with the patch, I'm sure u wont be disappointed :)
IGN: Lawyne (Stream: www.twitch.tv/lawyne) [inactive]
100% Life Shaper in 1s https://www.twitch.tv/videos/173720595
Practical Blade Flurry https://tinyurl.com/practicalBF
wtf...

Jewels / Support Gem-Buff (GMP/Chain) vs. RM / PC / Blood Rage-Nerf

the Enlighten Nerf was hard, I would have to sell 2 builds just to buy those gems oO
but Blood Rage... without the Attack Speed and Leech a lot of mirrored ammys will be useless, as we would need the leech version
PC's nerf is ok, PS Chain would still be possible, but KB should still be BiS with the right gear
Last edited by Ceratoidei on Jun 6, 2015, 5:31:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info