[2.2 updated, sub 5 min lab run video] low life kinetic blast by ddddddddddddddddddddime

oh really mr. panic? hmmm.... u remember when 1.3 hit the servers and many ppl (including me) thought wanding was dead?
how many days did it take until the KB thingy came up?

why dont u just grap 2 of Haku's wands with ur 2nd weapon slot and level up 6 enlightens at once? i think u have enough time to get 2 sets ready before patch 2.0 is finished.

that means 12 lvl3 enlightens ready to corrupt for u ;)
IGN: Lawyne (Stream: www.twitch.tv/lawyne) [inactive]
100% Life Shaper in 1s https://www.twitch.tv/videos/173720595
Practical Blade Flurry https://tinyurl.com/practicalBF
Last edited by Lawyne on Jun 6, 2015, 1:53:01 PM
Yeah the price of level 4 enlighten will drop significantly before 2.0 as more are created. Level 4 isn't even required, at least when going BM. Mana is another story though.
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989804

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
IGN ddddddddddddddddddddime

will sell my wand if anyone is interested, just pm me
Well I guess the gear won't change much, I doubt anyone will risk crafting anything with the new insane eternal prices. Great success!
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
Hey there,
I rly wanna start playing this build when 2.0 cames out. I was previously (in 1.2, havent played in 1.3 at all) using Power Siphon, so I guess the gearing will be very similar.

I am kinda hesitating which version to play though (low life mana vs low life BM or even CI)?
Will this build be as it is now still powerful, or is low life getting nerfed to the ground and CI will be the way to go? Also I heard about something that BM will be able to run AA, could anyone comment on that?

I have very good (and time limited) opportunity to get a perfect shield for this build, but I need to know whether the spell damage modifier on it will be still desirable after 2.0 (basically if we still gonna use CoE). Also that would be for BM version, if mana will be better, I would need to get a different one as well (with mana reg.)

thanks in advance
Last edited by Aerinqq on Jul 9, 2015, 10:02:55 AM
"
Aerinqq wrote:
Hey there,
I rly wanna start playing this build when 2.0 cames out. I was previously (in 1.2, havent played in 1.3 at all) using Power Siphon, so I guess the gearing will be very similar.

I am kinda hesitating which version to play though (low life mana vs low life BM or even CI)?
Will this build be as it is now still powerful, or is low life getting nerfed to the ground and CI will be the way to go? Also I heard about something that BM will be able to run AA, could anyone comment on that?

I have very good (and time limited) opportunity to get a perfect shield for this build, but I need to know whether the spell damage modifier on it will be still desirable after 2.0 (basically if we still gonna use CoE). Also that would be for BM version, if mana will be better, I would need to get a different one as well (with mana reg.)

thanks in advance

Hi,

CoE with a spell damage shield will always provide more dps than other versions because coe makes the spell damage increase both your physical and elemental attack damage. Low life will also always provide more dps than CI because it allows you to run more auras, especially coupled with blood magic, giving you the opportunity to even empower your auras to level 26.

In 2.0, low life loses its big advantage of insane attack speed with blood rage, which should reduce the damage difference between CI and LL.

Before 2.0, one of the only reasons people were using mana was because arctic armour provided decent reflect protection (even though imo it was overdoing it because life leech gem is enough). In 2.0 however, AA is kind of bad and can be run by BM as well, although I'm not sure if its duration is indefinite or if you have to recast it every few seconds to keep the benefit.

I will personally be sticking with low life. I will run haste to cover the loss of attack speed of blood rage and i'll try to get some attack speed on my jewels. The buff to damage effectiveness of GMP will provide a lot of dps, and since leech gets nerfed across the board I think life leech gem will be mandatory at all times if you don't want to die.

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
"
Hi,

CoE with a spell damage shield will always provide more dps than other versions because coe makes the spell damage increase both your physical and elemental attack damage. Low life will also always provide more dps than CI because it allows you to run more auras, especially coupled with blood magic, giving you the opportunity to even empower your auras to level 26.

In 2.0, low life loses its big advantage of insane attack speed with blood rage, which should reduce the damage difference between CI and LL.

Before 2.0, one of the only reasons people were using mana was because arctic armour provided decent reflect protection (even though imo it was overdoing it because life leech gem is enough). In 2.0 however, AA is kind of bad and can be run by BM as well, although I'm not sure if its duration is indefinite or if you have to recast it every few seconds to keep the benefit.

I will personally be sticking with low life. I will run haste to cover the loss of attack speed of blood rage and i'll try to get some attack speed on my jewels. The buff to damage effectiveness of GMP will provide a lot of dps, and since leech gets nerfed across the board I think life leech gem will be mandatory at all times if you don't want to die.

thanks a lot for the answers
So if I understand that correctly, you gonna stay with the same build? low life + BM?

I dont have mirrored gear in all slots, but dont have bad gear either:
Spoiler

+ got currency to get 1-2 mirrored items (prolly shield + maybe ammy later) (dont mind the gems)

Just wondering if CI wouldnt be better, at least in survivability, as in 2.0 like you stated we lose the huge AS boost.

Also, after 2.0 VP will have 100% effectiveness, would it be better to use VP now and drop acuity for maligaros or stay with acuity? Are acuity getting changed in 2.0 btw?
I personally prefer to stick with acuities and use blood magic to run more auras/heralds and empower them. It also allows me to have a bit of life regen since I spend life to cast my attacks, something you cannot do with vaal pact. I also think it's easier to gear with BM when you don't have the budget to mirror everything because you don't need to stack mana regen on items and instead you can focus on dps, ES or resists.

CI is going to have quite a bit less dps, especially if you choose not to use a spell damage shield and a ES helm instead of coe. The only reason I would do CI wander is if I was level 98-99 with all mirrored gear and I want to have as much ES as I can to prevent dying. Otherwise, your dps will suffer too much and you are better off doing another build.

I don't know which shield you are getting but if it's pretty cheap I would say go for it. After 2.0, price of #1 mirrored items should go back up since there won't be any new crafts replacing them for a very long time, if ever. And yes, you should be getting a shield and then an amulet.

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
"
stzbttln wrote:
I personally prefer to stick with acuities and use blood magic to run more auras/heralds and empower them. It also allows me to have a bit of life regen since I spend life to cast my attacks, something you cannot do with vaal pact. I also think it's easier to gear with BM when you don't have the budget to mirror everything because you don't need to stack mana regen on items and instead you can focus on dps, ES or resists.

CI is going to have quite a bit less dps, especially if you choose not to use a spell damage shield and a ES helm instead of coe. The only reason I would do CI wander is if I was level 98-99 with all mirrored gear and I want to have as much ES as I can to prevent dying. Otherwise, your dps will suffer too much and you are better off doing another build.

I don't know which shield you are getting but if it's pretty cheap I would say go for it. After 2.0, price of #1 mirrored items should go back up since there won't be any new crafts replacing them for a very long time, if ever. And yes, you should be getting a shield and then an amulet.

thanks for the input

Ok, seems ill stick to the low life BM like I used to play before...

regarding the shield, it was actually your shield Gloom Call, could get it for 175 ex but sadly missed the deal:(
"
Aerinqq wrote:
"
stzbttln wrote:

thanks for the input

Ok, seems ill stick to the low life BM like I used to play before...

regarding the shield, it was actually your shield Gloom Call, could get it for 175 ex but sadly missed the deal:(

Well now that you aren't pressured by the time anymore, I would recommend that you wait a few days before investing into any item once 2.0 hits, so you can look around low life vs CI, mana vs BM a bit more.

twitch.tv/steezbattalion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info