Pohx's Dual Shock Wave Totems Build [ Budget ] [ HC ]

"
Alessan wrote:
Looks like a real fun build im thinking of trying, what im curious though is how it will translate to end game. Appears very very squishy life based, although might have AA but doent think that will solve major dmg issues. Wondering if dropping EB and trying to solve mana issues and maybe going CI, since your so close to all the great ES nodes might be a better way to go. A ton of ES nodes instead of life with zealots might help end game more.
Any thought? I might give that a try

Yeah, you can definitely go CI with it i'm just not a huge fan of CI but you should most definitely pickup Zealots since it'll be like 3 points since you'll be grabbing double totems.

As for the lack of defense, It's just more tailored to my play style
"
Lundby wrote:
Pohx mah dawg!
What's your current resistances?
Is it worth trying to keep em high or is it full out yolomode?
Tried running low res and im not having any troubles atm to survive, but
the game changes @ higher tiers.

"
Extrema wrote:
Why didn't you pick up the Master of Force wheel on the right of Harrier ? It's 40% physical dmg for 4 points plus you get dex on the way there so you can skip the +30 node near EB.

@Pvvnstar : dont think there are many other options since you're taking phys dmg to scale your totems and you cant do dmg yourself with skills because of dual totem.

This is something you can pickup later but at the moment you're spending 2 Points ( Assuming you remove the dex node ) Then 4 Points extra to grab 40% Phys damage, it's something that's not quite required when I could go 3 points into with and gain 30% Spell Damage
"
BatlllKirill wrote:
Pohx, this bild can kill atziri?

Couldn't tell you. Never done her / Attempted her
Pohx I don't think bear trap works with Conc effect just so you know.
count the notes also magic damage also to shock totem?
Bit of my experience with DSWTs

For leveling i find flame trap plus flame surge to be an unbeatable combo for witch. Where you'll get much needed aoe range buff from witch's nodes and spell damage right there. The witch spell damage node are the reason for going witch for me (and i don't think there is much to trade off otherwise; thought about shadow for EK leveling .. happy i didn't)
I went all the way past AB (double totem) grabbing every hp node along the way before going into the +life% and aoe range nodes of Templar (from the south) before going dual totem + EB ~ 56 ish.

Additionally, Searing bond plus flame surge is also amazing (i actually just fire trapped + shockwave totem and spammed flame surge [beyond mobs only all others just die from flame surge without effort]).

Leveling was easy and fun.

On the theorycraft side I think a CI build for this concept (with witch start) is ideal as there are a ton of ES wheels very available (The main issue is getting templar's aoe nodes might not be worth the point investment to get to them [big life nodes there, you'll want to come through power charge or from the top]).
But i agree with some pohx said you need equip for ES.

I also play with 2-3 other people, in this case i see my dps lag behind some of their high dps builds (at 2.1k a totem dps atm, 3 linked [links seem far less important that + to gems, i have a 5 link chest sitting in my chest]). The dps issue is only vs the crazy beyond mobs.. yes we are still fighting them all... thats the point of the league.
But the awesome thing is before i was spec'd dual shockwave totems we had to kite and it was very scary, Now the dual totes provide a ton of safety (cc) in the form of knockback. Made them far far more easy.

Solo is cake, no issues with anything, the only scary things are the really fast beyond spawns with the two-handed swords that also flicker. They will jump right to you past your totes and you have to be like ahhhhh. Solo this build is easy and fast. Will update when on act three and moving into maps.

The issue i am having is links (i got a 5 link chest at 57, that was useless vs a +1 gems 3link weapon [that i also just got]). I tried aoe, SWT, fire, faster casting, and added chaos. This was far worse than a SWT, fire, faster (the aoe wasn't worth i don't think.. maybe a conc effect might be were its at). This is with clarity and hatred (i have ash but don't wanna waste mats fitting into the reduced mana item).

Ps starting witch and going to Templar leaves you low on dex. I used items for fire trap and bear trap but didn't feel worth it after i got dual totems (ill try it in the 5 link. Or you can you can wait to get jaws of agony.

Thanks for all the effort, Pohx +1
Last edited by Amarath on Aug 24, 2014, 12:57:21 PM
Would it be worth it to invest into some defense other than just health? because I kind of want to drop hatred for something like grace or determination and start stacking armour or evasion because I am close to maps at the moment and I am starting to feel the lack of survivability. Any tips?
Maybe lightning coil or cloak of defiance instead of caracass jack
so in the end... +40 hp or kill all? :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info