The true silent victim of 1.2.0 - mines

^Muscle memory is not the only problem, monster targeting is a severe problem. We dont wanna chase monsters. We dont wanna accidentally click things. That's why we use move only. Its safe.
Also it becomes especially over complicated for hybrids (say trapper/miner) when before it was much easier.

Rory answered btw. I suggested in my answer that he would come here instead of continuing it by e-mail, so that others may speak their mind. Hope he does but dunno if he has the time. (kinda amazed im getting answers so quickly after an expansion release)
Oblivious
Bumpo for the cause.
Oblivious
+1

When your cursor is somewhere where its impossible to walk to or pathing can't make its mind up, you'll just keep standing around doing. nothing.
Atm, mines are either autoaim or AoE, holding shift makes little sense for a non-targetted ability.

Lets compare it to, lets say, Ice Nova. Its an AoE move thats centered on the character. No need to shift-cast. You cant move and cast Ice Nova with the same button. This is not a problem, because you have move-only. This hasn't changed this patch.

I'm sorry, but talking about standardizing stuff and then not standardizing Ice Nova or other self-centered AoE moves makes me scratch my head. Either go the whole way, or (preferably) just keep it as it was before the patch. By having these different rules for casting for skills that seemingly behave in the same way is much more confusing than simply having to dedicate a button to move-only.

Placing it where you stand on cast was better, it prevents lotsa annoying issues and it feels more natural.
Last edited by Bardharr on Aug 26, 2014, 8:10:51 PM
found out about this change by almost ripping. gotta give it two thumbs down. it makes a clunky playstyle even clunkier.
"
Disrupted wrote:
^Muscle memory is not the only problem, monster targeting is a severe problem. We dont wanna chase monsters. We dont wanna accidentally click things. That's why we use move only. Its safe.
Also it becomes especially over complicated for hybrids (say trapper/miner) when before it was much easier.

Rory answered btw. I suggested in my answer that he would come here instead of continuing it by e-mail, so that others may speak their mind. Hope he does but dunno if he has the time. (kinda amazed im getting answers so quickly after an expansion release)

pretty pretty sad for this change and seeing the answer - it is not going reverted

that 'bother' is tedious, unfun, unpredictable, annoying and not needed.. ive tried freeze mine with a build it really fits and will never use it again. current implementation is unreliable and downright annoying
I too strongly disliked the change to mines, but I've learned to cope with it.

The real trick though is remapping keys in the game... since using shift + 4 and then d (I think is default?) is super hard on your hands and easy to mess up... I'll tell you how I've mapped mines

I have "hold to attack" moved from shift to tab, where I keep my pinky, and I keep my other fingers on 1-3 (qwe being potions for me) and thumb on space (which I use as hold to pickup loot).

I moved skills 3-5 to mouse buttons, while ring finger and middle finger rest on skills 1 and 2... "3" I've instead mapped to detonate mines, and I keep my active mine skill on "2".

So when I want to use a mine now, I hold tab with my pinky, press "2" then "3" with my middle and indexfinger.

I'd have preferred to not have to hold to stand still, but since I have to use that on many other skills anyways, it's not a major change of my playstyle.
Designer of The Broken Crown
Designer of The Sigil Divination Card
https://www.reddit.com/user/ThisIsABuff/
Also, inb4 Ice Nova gets same treatment...
Designer of The Broken Crown
Designer of The Sigil Divination Card
https://www.reddit.com/user/ThisIsABuff/
"
cryptc wrote:

Oh god, please no.
Oblivious
"
cryptc wrote:

lol why would it be like Mines ?
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
"
cryptc wrote:

lol why would it be like Mines ?

For same reason mines were.

Also correct me if Im wrong as I only played with this skil once before... But was Flameblast always supposed to target enemies? I thought it didnt before. At least I dont remember ever targeting wrong place cause monster desync.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Aug 27, 2014, 4:45:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info