The true silent victim of 1.2.0 - mines

"
kompaniet wrote:
Should be a toggle so players can decide which method they want to use.

+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
I support the old way.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
New way of placing mines is stupid.

Give us the other one back or make it an option.
And they call it a mine... A MINE!
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Why was there even a need for this change?
IGN: Smegacore
I'm with GGG on this one.

Once you get used to the new way mines work mine use will be superior than pre-patch.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
universal777 wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:
Should be a toggle so players can decide which method they want to use.

+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1

+1

I also never want to move when placing mines. There are more skills where this is the case for me, like reave and cleave. A toggle for every skill for targeted vs. in place would be an awesome solution.
"
battled wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
battled wrote:
They'll just fix it like they did low life light radius.

erh, excuse me If im wrong since I've never had a low-life char. But idea is to just use es nodes, right? for that matter isnt there a node that says light radius based on Energy shield instead of life? Isnt that enough? I think it also gives a bonus too

I mean they will force you to get a node from the tree.

wow, that would be terrible.
though I guess I get what you mean, they should rework the system in order for es also to give some boost to light radius passively. (and have CI double that boost or something)

Bumpo for the cause, seen people who like the new one (and that actually are expressing their opinion here) being a minority, but still existing so Im all for a toggle right now, +1 for that idea.

Wonder if that MITU_KnIsH guy got help, he seemed pretty lost.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Aug 24, 2014, 7:29:01 PM
Had my mail open but didnt notice Rory answered a while and I absolutely understand his position and see the logic in it.

Answered back asking if its realistic to expect a toggle option in the future.
Will post more when I get an answer.
Spoiler
I'm not breaking any rule by posting this here am I? dont wanna be banned
Oblivious
I still remember my first time using a mine skill. It was a Frost Wall linked to a Mine support gem (dumb, I know, but at that time Mine Trap & Totem support were just added, and I wanted to try weird things).

I also remember that it confused the living heck out of me that the mine was placed at my feet instead of where I wanted it to be, A.K.A. where my cursor was.

Even not too long ago, when I tried making a Mine char, I found it an annoyance that I had to manually move to where I want before placing the Mine rather than simply click once like EVERY other skill in the game.

It seems to me that this is a simple problem of muscle memory and reflexes (same thing, I guess?). Veteran Mine users are simply too used to the old method and have yet to adjust to this new one.

Perhaps it's just because I don't use mines much, but I definitely support the new system over the old one, and players who are new to the game will probably feel the same way as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info