The true silent victim of 1.2.0 - mines

"
Telzen wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
Telzen wrote:
Never knew holding shift was so hard. Is this why so many people have such desync issues?

Oh look, yet another one ignores all the points and says "shift".

I've always used shift with some skills, that's besides the point.

I didn't really see any other points when reading the thread. I always found mines clunky before and hated that they dropped at your feet. But now we have the option to do both.

Erh... no we dont. Selective reading, much?
Oblivious
"
Disrupted wrote:
You do. Holding shift drops it at your feet, thus giving you the exact same usage as before. So you can hold shift for the old way or not use shift for the new way. Before there was no way at all to drop the mine at your cursor. You had to move somewhere first and then drop it, which was really clunky.
"
Telzen wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
You do. Holding shift drops it at your feet, thus giving you the exact same usage as before. So you can hold shift for the old way or not use shift for the new way. Before there was no way at all to drop the mine at your cursor. You had to move somewhere first and then drop it, which was really clunky.

1: its not an option to do both, an option to do both would be having a toggle like some suggested. What we have is a option to try to do previous while having the current option getting in the way.

2: explain why its clunky and while you are at it, go back and read everything instead of just saying you dont see any points. Outright ignoring points because they do not go with your intended result does not make them non-existent.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Aug 31, 2014, 5:18:08 PM
bump! I HATE this!
"

Since most people prefer the old way, why not going assigning shift to the mouse cursor drop, and without shift they drop at your feet as before.

Your clunkiness would be solved and the majority gets what they want!
"
Soepkieken wrote:
"

Since most people prefer the old way, why not going assigning shift to the mouse cursor drop, and without shift they drop at your feet as before.

Your clunkiness would be solved and the majority gets what they want!

Because shift is force stand still. Derp.
Bumpo
Oblivious
I actually like the change. Here are a few points:

- Anyone claiming the "majority" does or does not like it should have their current and past arguments taken out back and shot. There is no way the majority of people using mines have posted in this thread and/or personally given you feedback.

- Regardless of the conservatives' arguments, the "hold shift" solution is a solution that basically gives everyone what they are asking for. Yes, there is an extra button to hold to drop it at your feet without moving, but muscle memory is a wonderful thing! Seriously, after a couple days you won't even notice you're doing it. I look at it like this: Shift solution means you guys have a slight inconvenience that you get used to quickly while we have quite a bit of variance, whereas just going back to the old system means you don't need to adapt and our new system is just destroyed. Is change really that hard to swallow? Teach your fingers to learn the new system and you will find that you have *more* control over how and where you lay your mines. If you refuse to do that, ask yourself why you are so vehemently opposing this change. Could it be that you just don't want to adapt to a potentially better system? Evolution would cast you aside, my friends. Okay, that's a bit extreme, but you get the point.

- I can get behind the toggle thing because it doesn't involve throwing out a skill mechanic altogether because people can't be bothered to learn to use something that is more efficient than it was previously.

- [persuasive points supporting the new system]
Remote Mines needs some love. :)
"
Nerazul wrote:
I actually like the change. Here are a few points:

- Anyone claiming the "majority" does or does not like it should have their current and past arguments taken out back and shot. There is no way the majority of people using mines have posted in this thread and/or personally given you feedback.

- Regardless of the conservatives' arguments, the "hold shift" solution is a solution that basically gives everyone what they are asking for. Yes, there is an extra button to hold to drop it at your feet without moving, but muscle memory is a wonderful thing! Seriously, after a couple days you won't even notice you're doing it. I look at it like this: Shift solution means you guys have a slight inconvenience that you get used to quickly while we have quite a bit of variance, whereas just going back to the old system means you don't need to adapt and our new system is just destroyed. Is change really that hard to swallow? Teach your fingers to learn the new system and you will find that you have *more* control over how and where you lay your mines. If you refuse to do that, ask yourself why you are so vehemently opposing this change. Could it be that you just don't want to adapt to a potentially better system? Evolution would cast you aside, my friends. Okay, that's a bit extreme, but you get the point.

- I can get behind the toggle thing because it doesn't involve throwing out a skill mechanic altogether because people can't be bothered to learn to use something that is more efficient than it was previously.

- [persuasive points supporting the new system]

1. I said I believe the majority, keyword believe, ofc I know the majority will never post here (only could say it clearly absolutely sure that it would jokingly as there are so little mine users). Also no, that does not invalidate the rest, no matter how you wish it did. (if anything you avoiding some points just shows how strong they are, and one who's willing to evolve does not shy away from problems that contradict their beliefs)

2. Regardless of you saying it gives it does not give. toggle would give.
Seriously, do you just spout out stuff as if its true hoping that people will believe?
I understand the getting used to it, and I could, but you are clearly avoiding all the other points, desync stil exists and this change still causes problems that never existed in the first place. Might not be too much for you when a RIP happens due to this but to a HC player it is . (yes, I know I shouldnt go there, but you avoiding the points makes me think you believe them to be irrelevant due to that).
I was always one who tries to evolve and I would go with it if it wasnt for the problems it causes, potentially better my ass, better for new players (Hell, I adapted to previous mine system, I could use the same argument against you, since its the only skills in game that differed so much from others, if you didnt like it back then, maybe it was because you didnt try to adapt?), worse regarding game mechanics.

3.Toggle I agree. Except for the part where you say current one is more efficient. At least back up your arguments, I already did numerous times in this thread and other linked.

4.What is this I dont even
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Sep 5, 2014, 10:43:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info