(2.1) Jedi Strike -- litesabr's Doryani Lightsabres - BACK IN ACTION!!

I just did my first Atziri kill at lv 80 with this build!! ^^

Died like 4 times because it was first time i did it so the flameblast caught me many times. Used Hatred + Ash (no purities) 120k dps molten 4199hp 76 75 50 ress
"
mayanrm wrote:
Used Hatred + Ash (no purities) 120k dps molten 4199hp 76 75 50 ress

Gratz! I suggest turning off Ash for the actual Atziri fight and instead use at least one purity. The lightning is easier to dodge, so using a purity of fire is very helpful.
ign crixus_sabr
"
mayanrm wrote:

I just noticed that you're using a Melee Physical gem in your setup. I purposefully do not use this because it ONLY adds to your tooltip (melee) DPS. It does not apply to your lava balls; this is why I use gems that apply to both like Weapon Elemental Damage and Increased Critical Damage.
ign crixus_sabr
"
litesabr wrote:
"
mayanrm wrote:

I just noticed that you're using a Melee Physical gem in your setup. I purposefully do not use this because it ONLY adds to your tooltip (melee) DPS. It does not apply to your lava balls; this is why I use gems that apply to both like Weapon Elemental Damage and Increased Critical Damage.

im using weap elemental, just changed to crit damage :)
that melee increase doesnt even help for leech?
The Melee Physical gem will help for leech, but Increased Critical Damage will help more because you receive more damage from which to leech on your melee AND projectiles.
ign crixus_sabr
Last edited by litesabr on Sep 26, 2014, 10:39:58 AM
Heya Lite, So I love this build, super fun and super strong given the two doryanis catalysts!

Here is my gear I am currently lvl 78

As you can see my gem set up is not exactly optimized but the windscreams allow me to have two curses and temp chains is a big help at times

As you can ALSO see I am using the Three Dragons Helm! This is what I wanted your opinion on, it seems to be a huuuuuge increase in dps with 49% crit chance, 7+ attacks per second, and 3 projectiles critting just an insane amount! The shocking it gives allows me to down bosses about twice as fast. (dominus test runs)

Whats your opinion on using the helm?

Oh, and I have been running herald of ice along with ash and hatred for more dps =) seems alright, at times I do need to switch herald of ash and ice out for grace though!

I'm currently sitting at 59k dps tooltip
Last edited by Destreaga on Sep 26, 2014, 8:14:08 PM
"
Destreaga wrote:
Heya Lite, So I love this build, super fun and super strong given the two doryanis catalysts!

Thanks!

"
Destreaga wrote:
As you can see my gem set up is not exactly optimized but the windscreams allow me to have two curses and temp chains is a big help at times

As you can ALSO see I am using the Three Dragons Helm! This is what I wanted your opinion on, it seems to be a huuuuuge increase in dps with 49% crit chance, 7+ attacks per second, and 3 projectiles critting just an insane amount! The shocking it gives allows me to down bosses about twice as fast. (dominus test runs)

Oh, and I have been running herald of ice along with ash and hatred for more dps =) seems alright, at times I do need to switch herald of ash and ice out for grace though!

Well, you're missing out on the main benefit of Herald of Ash because it's not put into your second weapon: Elemental Proliferation. When you kill a mob, the overkill damage ignites a nearby enemy which will then proliferate to the ones farther out. This combo really gives the build a much higher clear rate for maps.

I am actually unsure what to make of your idea of doing 3 dragons. :) I know shock can be helpful in taking down bosses, but the freeze chance is what really gives this build a lot of survivability. If you really, really want shock chance, I'd suggest using Wrath for those Dominus runs.

"
Destreaga wrote:

I think it's a fun item to use temporarily, but, for the long term, there are better helms out there: a good rare, Abyssus, Rat's Nest, Alpha's Howl, or Devoto's Devotion.

ign crixus_sabr
Last edited by litesabr on Sep 27, 2014, 3:02:19 AM
Hi.
Litesabr what you say about this build? Without mace, use only sword.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAAYFtQYgBqIIsRRSFHUVIBX2F9wX6ho4IuIj9iThJP0n7SpNLOkwVDBxMHw0kzWSOkI8LT0-Pyc_mz_8R35H4kp9SshLeE2STipRR1b6WHVZ81uvYnlirGNwZU1noGwWbIxuaW6qcql0oHfXeA19dX69fyuE2YcZh3aNfY2_kFWSfZf-mG-ZK52qpDmkwqeEqW6sqrTFtfK2Qbc-vYG-p8AawuzE9sau0IHTftQj1orYvdwj3Q3dqOXP51ToZuoY7g7veu_j8kX3MvtF_Ev8xf4K_o_-uv_e
Last edited by Achacha on Sep 27, 2014, 4:27:15 PM
"
litesabr wrote:
"
Destreaga wrote:

Thanks!

"
Destreaga wrote:

Well, you're missing out on the main benefit of Herald of Ash because it's not put into your second weapon: Elemental Proliferation. When you kill a mob, the overkill damage ignites a nearby enemy which will then proliferate to the ones farther out. This combo really gives the build a much higher clear rate for maps.

I am actually unsure what to make of your idea of doing 3 dragons. :) I know shock can be helpful in taking down bosses, but the freeze chance is what really gives this build a lot of survivability. If you really, really want shock chance, I'd suggest using Wrath for those Dominus runs.

"
Destreaga wrote:

I think it's a fun item to use temporarily, but, for the long term, there are better helms out there: a good rare, Abyssus, Rat's Nest, Alpha's Howl, or Devoto's Devotion.

dude your absolutely right, thanks for sharing that with me, as i hit lvl 79 and maps are starting to become scarce I am way more worried about dieing then previously here is my new set of equipment

i also had to respec and get more hp, in which I have now 3500 instead of 2300 lol which helps alot , however my dps has gone down 10k

I will keep you updated !!

I have dreams of killing atziri =) !! what do you suggest I do as far as equipment
Last edited by Destreaga on Sep 28, 2014, 5:51:16 AM
"
Destreaga wrote:
dude your absolutely right, thanks for sharing that with me, as i hit lvl 79 and maps are starting to become scarce I am way more worried about dieing then previously here is my new set of equipment

i also had to respec and get more hp, in which I have now 3500 instead of 2300 lol which helps alot , however my dps has gone down 10k

I will keep you updated !!

I have dreams of killing atziri =) !! what do you suggest I do as far as equipment

Good DPS is always nice to have, but I don't shoot for making glass cannons. I have always loved melee which has to be tankier than ranged builds. As you dream of doing Atziri, I have always dreamed of making something like this build that is tanky AND has high dps.

On every piece of jewelry, focus on getting critical chance and life first. Other statistics are nice, but those are the main two that you want to get. Try to get most of your resists on your belt, helm, and boots. Also, when you can afford it, look to getting a non-tabula 6L or even just go for a 5L too. Having the armor and life can be very helpful to surviving in higher level maps.

"
Achacha wrote:
Hi.
Litesabr what you say about this build? Without mace, use only sword.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAAYFtQYgBqIIsRRSFHUVIBX2F9wX6ho4IuIj9iThJP0n7SpNLOkwVDBxMHw0kzWSOkI8LT0-Pyc_mz_8R35H4kp9SshLeE2STipRR1b6WHVZ81uvYnlirGNwZU1noGwWbIxuaW6qcql0oHfXeA19dX69fyuE2YcZh3aNfY2_kFWSfZf-mG-ZK52qpDmkwqeEqW6sqrTFtfK2Qbc-vYG-p8AawuzE9sau0IHTftQj1orYvdwj3Q3dqOXP51ToZuoY7g7veu_j8kX3MvtF_Ev8xf4K_o_-uv_e

I can only assume that it is a molten strike build also. What you're doing with it is definitely feasible, but loses the huge bonus of +100 ele dmg on the scepters I use. However, if you already have some mirrored weapons, they can definitely work.
ign crixus_sabr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info