Herald of Ash

I'm still a touch confused about an interaction with cull. To set it in a simplified game context:

Mob's max life = 1000 = Lt

Mob's current life = 199 = L

We know that if L > D > L - (Lt * 0.1) there is a culling kill (where D = damage dealt)

Is HoA proc:

D - L
or
D - (L - (Lt * 0.1)
or
D - (Lt * 0.1)

If I hit it with Power Siphon for 100 damage, will Herald of Ash proc for -99 (null), 1, 101? Or none of the above? If culling is L set to 0, does that mean HoA procs for D - L = 100?
doesn't culling happen after hit? although it might check before and after *lost touch*
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
wooli wrote:
Is the overkill ignite component based on the fire dmg only? or your total dmg?

Ie, monster is on 10hp
hit with 1000 phys attack
herald adds another 150

overkill dmg = 140? or 990?
990. It's all overkill damage.

Thats great to know :) another way to turn a single target dps into AOE mass killing effect :o
The skill gem has an AoE component, so I assume it is affected by AoE support gems?
My question really is, would concentrated effect increase the burning damage if the skill gem is linked to it?
Resists trolls
Casts Joy
Ninja looter
Spreads tar when tickled
Would it work linking Herald of Ash with increased burning/increased area of effect? Or would I have to link those support gems to the attack skill?
"
skarrmania wrote:
The skill gem has an AoE component, so I assume it is affected by AoE support gems?
My question really is, would concentrated effect increase the burning damage if the skill gem is linked to it?

it won't work
IGN: Smegacore
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
wooli wrote:
Is the overkill ignite component based on the fire dmg only? or your total dmg?

Ie, monster is on 10hp
hit with 1000 phys attack
herald adds another 150

overkill dmg = 140? or 990?
990. It's all overkill damage.

*Sends a single power siphon projectile into a pack and watches the whole pack fry*
Casually casual.

Has anyone tested this with Explosive Arrow? Seems like a bunch of fuses would create a heck of a lot of overkill damage.
I would vager that the EA explosion is not considered an attack, and would not proc the overkill damage and thereby not ignite anything.

Please, do correct me if this is not true. I would be so happy if it wasnt :D

Feedback: Too much fire (likewise ice), makes other looks obsolete.
Last edited by Naritzia on Aug 25, 2014, 3:05:26 AM
There are situations I would be okay in using this, but the noise associated with makes it impossible for me to do so. It could do a million dps, but the distraction it does to my brain is too much - my guy is always on fire. I need to use a potion. Because I'm on fire.

One of those "Look footprints!" type things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info