Herald of Ash

Herald of Ash with Ghostflame mtx does not leave visible rings when used with Elemental Proliferation; the proliferating works but the rings are just invisible. I don't know if this is intended but seems a little weird, though to be fair I prefer invisible to having regular red rings.
IGN: Noveria / Moonraze / Wunderbaum
This skill gem's damage should be like Herald of Ice or Herald of Thunder.

Herald of Ice or Herald of Thunder (cold damage and lightning damage) is a based damage not from physical damage.

Converting physical damage to fire damage doesn't fair for Herald of Ice or Herald of Thunder.
The AOE was balanced around ignite proliferation. However, the new version of the gem disables proliferation, yet the AOE remains at its old level - even with a max inc aoe gem, it feels lackluster.

I recommend increasing the base AOE to adjust for the lack of proliferation (and the overall nerf to values).
GGG refuses to moderate Reddit, their official forum.
TS Mine /1888382; Freeze Pulse /1864229; DW Flurry /1888466; Nuro's /1694686;
EA /1667456; Flicker /1636101; Bladefall /1517070;
Archer /1373172; SSS /1156355; HoA Wander /1096140; SRS /989279;
Wander /931658; Crit ST /658018; Static /531580
"the burn inflicted by this skill can only be affected by modifiers to damage over time (burning damage is damage over time)"?

Does this mean increase/more burn damage works?
Also, what about increase/more fire/elemental damage? Would this work? And if not, why?
"
Completed 26 Challengeslucksickle wrote:
"the burn inflicted by this skill can only be affected by modifiers to damage over time (burning damage is damage over time)"?

Yes.
"
Also, what about increase/more fire/elemental damage? Would this work?
No
"
And if not, why?
Because those aren't modifiers to damage over time.
Path of Exploits is dead :) Long live Path of Exploits!! - Skräcken
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 10, 2017 8:19:00 PM
"
Completed 4 ChallengesMark_GGG wrote:
"

Yes.
"
Also, what about increase/more fire/elemental damage? Would this work?
No
"
And if not, why?
Because those aren't modifiers to damage over time.

Supports that don't affect the skill still link to it (I.e. show up in tt and add a reservation cost). In this case, Elemental Focus is the culprit. Elsewhere, the interaction of Rapid Decay and Lightning Warp is equally confusing.

Edit: Does this mean Swift Affliction will apply? It links, but nothing appears in tooltip to imply that it buffs the dmg.
GGG refuses to moderate Reddit, their official forum.
TS Mine /1888382; Freeze Pulse /1864229; DW Flurry /1888466; Nuro's /1694686;
EA /1667456; Flicker /1636101; Bladefall /1517070;
Archer /1373172; SSS /1156355; HoA Wander /1096140; SRS /989279;
Wander /931658; Crit ST /658018; Static /531580
Last edited by sherkhan on Aug 10, 2017 9:39:48 PM
Do Mirror Arrow Clones benefit from frenzy charges that they seem to have?
Herald of Ash is useless for a fire witch, it doesn't increase fire spells power neither add its AOE blow effect. I like to play fire witch, with Scorching Ray, FireStorm and Fire Golem. Why try to restrain witch to cold, lighting spells and summoner ? Vendor offer only Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder to witch. Fire spells are great, we need Herald of Ash that improve fire spells.
Last edited by obi36 on Aug 23, 2017 12:47:09 PM
Anger and Wrath are way better than Heralds could ever be, but Hatred only applies to one Cold Spell. I guess GGG really doesn't want Witches to use Cold Spells right :/

You don't need Herald of Ash to be a Fire caster.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 23, 2017 1:31:52 PM
change it back to an ignite so its not a bottom tier vendor trash item - it used to be good.
Theamazonbasin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info