IGN.com: Zana, Master Cartographer Reveal and Developer Walkthrough

"
MadBro_ wrote:
first of all the limit is 4 , second i dont think people have figured yet how masters work , all the benefit you get from choosing a master is getting a daily mission and frankly that just seems peanuts to me assuming that you play for more than 2 hours a day..

but again most of the people havent realised that all you get is an extra daily quest yet..
It's more than just a free Daily, you can only use the Crafting Benches of the ones in your Hideout, thus you're limited in what you can do. (I'm not sure if Masters found in the wild have Benches or not, but even if they did, that is random and no guarantee.)

I just hope Zana sells nothing but cheap Strand Maps. Then I'd be happy... :P
Strand best Map NZ. YOSO, You Only Strand Once. 24/7.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Aug 18, 2014, 8:04:31 PM
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
I am extremely disappointed...

Instead of all players having the option to choose 3 Masters, we technically only get to choose 2, because Zana is MANDATORY.

EVERYONE will be choosing her.

I'd rather have NO Master, than one that limits options to players... -.-"

As stated already, your number is just a -tiny- bit off and you can have 4 Masters. Plus, let's face, when all is said and the 'math' has been done there will be an 'optimal' line up of Masters depending on what builds you like to focus on, etc, etc, and there will very likely be a set of 4 that will all be 'mandatory'. As far as everyone choosing her, good. Maybe that will mean more maps and related stuff injected into the 'economy' and map prices will come down. Less bullshit gating of experience behind in-game pay walls and more to where it should be...time and time alone for leveling.
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
you can only use the Crafting Benches of the ones in your Hideout, thus you're limited in what you can do.

No, you can use all crafting benches, regardless of what Masters are in your hideout. Masters in your hideout give you daily quests, which is the only benefit of having them in your hideout (and you can buy from them without having to find them).
"
MadBro_ wrote:
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
I am extremely disappointed...

Instead of all players having the option to choose 3 Masters, we technically only get to choose 2, because Zana is MANDATORY.

EVERYONE will be choosing her.

I'd rather have NO Master, than one that limits options to players... -.-"

first of all the limit is 4 , second i dont think people have figured yet how masters work , all the benefit you get from choosing a master is getting a daily mission and frankly that just seems peanuts to me assuming that you play for more than 2 hours a day..

+ Not everybody makes it to maps , not everybody enjoys maps and even if it is so mandatory as you say i dont see nothing that horrible with that as long as it fixes another bigger problem which is the access to maps and slowing down the effects of bad rng but again most of the people havent realised that all you get is an extra daily quest yet..

Just to make sure we are on the same page, the limit of four is in those that you can have active in your hideout. As I understood it, you can pretty much change who is active at will. You can actually get max reputation with all seven masters, it's even one of the challenges. So in reality, MadBro is upset over something that doesn't exist, unless I am incorrect about my information.
I was expecting Upper Sceptre tileset, I guess Solaris is nice too.. :P

I can't decide what I'll use... Battlefront or Library Hideout... :S
I want Vagan's wagon-hut-shop thingies though, so cool, very bazaar/Diablo feel to it. :)

Edit: You guys sure you can use Benches of Masters not in your Hideout?
And @above, I think there's a penalty for changing Masters, because they don't want it to be easy to max out all of them.
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Aug 18, 2014, 8:11:06 PM
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
You guys sure you can use Benches of Masters not in your Hideout?

Chris confirmed it on Reddit a couple days ago. Dan had linked to it from a thread in General Discussion. Don't have the link handy, but yes, apparently you can use all workbenches in your hideout even if the associated Master is not present. So the advantages of having one in your hideout is that you get the daily quest (faster reputation) and can shop from them more easily.

edit: Found the link: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2cdaw6/am_i_getting_this_correct_about_masters_and/
Last edited by Mivo on Aug 18, 2014, 8:36:10 PM
Having a map vendor is probably the lately best choice regarding gameplay; not only the easiness of not having to go through the lab, tho, also fixing the meeps play-economy.

My opinion on the expansion just changed, not beeing a big fan of crafting-only rewards, this is the Master I was w8ing for.

S m a r t M o v e.
Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291
"
Mivo wrote:
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
You guys sure you can use Benches of Masters not in your Hideout?

Chris confirmed it on Reddit a couple days ago. Dan had linked to it from a thread in General Discussion. Don't have the link handy, but yes, apparently you can use all workbenches in your hideout even if the associated Master is not present. So the advantages of having one in your hideout is that you get the daily quest (faster reputation) and can shop from them more easily.

I see, then I take back what I said about her being Mandatory.. xD
I wonder how much blizz is paying that CyberKlown28 to blatantly lie about PoE and D3 in IGN comment sections.

eh, probably the usual 5bucks.

EDIT: Zana best master, loved the explanation video too, nice to see there will be quite the variety for our hideouts.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Aug 18, 2014, 8:23:04 PM
"
Kamro wrote:
2ex per Map WTF this seems unreasonable even with that bonus.

Only for the nemesis one
Rare mobs every pack... hmm... And considering this is converted to X league and we've seen headhunter in a previous picture...
I think league-only uniques will drop in those maps.
Oblivious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info