[LVL 100 - Beyond Rank 4] 10.3k Hybrid Life/ES Flameblaster - 50/52 Block - LVL 22 AA w/ no EB

"
j0zef wrote:
Long time Flameblaster here, congrats on achievement. Your tree is perfect, can't find anything wrong with it.

But IMO Fire Penetration is a must for your FlameSurge links. The only times you need single target is against bosses, exiles or highly resistant mobs. All of them have at least 75% fire resist. Fire penetration will work out to more damage than FC or Echo. Math:

Base Resist: 75%
Penetration: 36%
Final Res: 39%

Sample damage: 1000

Faster Cast: 49% more cast speed
FC dmg: 1490
After resist: 1490 * (1-75%) = 372.5

Fire Penetration: ignore 15% incr fire bonus, insignificant
Damage: 1000
After resist: 1000 * (1-39%) = 610

Hey J0zef,

I definitely agree Fire Pen is better in terms of damage and anyone preferring damage over cast speed should use it. I use spell echo + FC combo simply because I hate a slow flame surge and prefer to have faster recovery of character control for defensive reasons.
ign: Vexcid
Even if you really do prefer Spell echo over AoE. You're still missing out on DOUBLING the damage of your spec with 5 points. I have no idea why you would be so adamantly against that.

Edit: Grabbing dual curse through the two 10% curse cast speed nodes and using a 20/20 faster casting as I know you have makes it take around .6 seconds to dual curse.
Last edited by PeachieMark on Oct 2, 2014, 7:34:51 PM
Gratz on lvl 100 :)

Now heres an question:

I got myself this:

its an 6 socket and only used 10 fusing to 6link it :D

Now should i use that over my tabula chest?

Or should i try get my hands on Cloak of Defiance?
Last edited by Flaxon on Oct 3, 2014, 9:41:38 AM
Hey Flaxon,

If you dip below 35% mana (auras included) then your going to take 100% increased spell damage with Infernal Mantle. If you either dont care about the extra damage or can keep above 35% mana at all times then definitely use over tabula. If your following this build and playing the hybrid playstyle then you will want a rare with as much ES and HP as possible. If you are to chose between the 3 you mentioned then cloak of defiance would be the best in terms of defense, infernal mantle for dps.
Last edited by Vexcid on Oct 3, 2014, 9:56:26 AM
"
Vexcid wrote:
Hey Flaxon,

If you dip below 35% mana (auras included) then your going to take 100% increased spell damage with Infernal Mantle. If you either dont care about the extra damage or can keep above 35% mana at all times then definitely use over tabula. If your following this build and playing the hybrid playstyle then you will want a rare with as much ES and HP as possible. If you are to chose between the 3 you mentioned then cloak of defiance would be the best in terms of defense, infernal mantle for dps.

Okay, if i can only get Cloak of Defiance a 5L what gem should i then take out?
"
Vexcid wrote:
"
j0zef wrote:
Long time Flameblaster here, congrats on achievement. Your tree is perfect, can't find anything wrong with it.

But IMO Fire Penetration is a must for your FlameSurge links. The only times you need single target is against bosses, exiles or highly resistant mobs. All of them have at least 75% fire resist. Fire penetration will work out to more damage than FC or Echo. Math:

Base Resist: 75%
Penetration: 36%
Final Res: 39%

Sample damage: 1000

Faster Cast: 49% more cast speed
FC dmg: 1490
After resist: 1490 * (1-75%) = 372.5

Fire Penetration: ignore 15% incr fire bonus, insignificant
Damage: 1000
After resist: 1000 * (1-39%) = 610

Hey J0zef,

I definitely agree Fire Pen is better in terms of damage and anyone preferring damage over cast speed should use it. I use spell echo + FC combo simply because I hate a slow flame surge and prefer to have faster recovery of character control for defensive reasons.

I agree with you, which is why I actually hate using Echo with my spells - it makes you stand still for the 2nd cast, and be unable to get out of the way at a second's notice. Fire Penetration would come out to more effective DPS than Echo.

I used FC vs FP example bc it was more linear, and thus i could be lazy :-P

Tldr: IMO FS+FC+FP+CE is the best support single target. Actually, if you were able to cap resists early, you could use Rime Gaze for an effective 5L.
Fair enough on the 4L. Taking out spell echo only very slightly reduces the time your character is stunned in the cast animation over using it. I wouldnt even noticed if I hadnt checked the cast speed difference. I had gone back and forth between fire pen and conc while leveling up and had eventually decided to use conc but I hadnt really considered replacing echo with fire pen.

When taking out echo and testing against monsters it "feels" really clunky even though it shouldnt because its slightly less time casting per click. Maybe it has to do with spell echo doing a better job keeping mobs in the stun animation, or maybe I just got too used to spell echo im not sure.

I wish this spec had the luxury of using uniques like rime gaze. Unfortunately gear is so specific late game that it wouldnt be possible without losing a nice chunk of hp. Really dont like the slower start of energy shield start time either.
"
Flaxon wrote:
"
Vexcid wrote:
Hey Flaxon,

Okay, if i can only get Cloak of Defiance a 5L what gem should i then take out?

Quality Flameblast > Conc Effect > Spell Echo > Ele Prolif > Fire Penetration
Thank you so much for this build and help Vexcid!

This is my gear so far

Are they any good at all?
Maybe anyone knows any good HP flameblast build with cloak of defiance for beyond? Dont really like hybrids or energy shield at all.
Last edited by APCY on Oct 4, 2014, 5:06:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info