[LVL 100 - Beyond Rank 4] 10.3k Hybrid Life/ES Flameblaster - 50/52 Block - LVL 22 AA w/ no EB

Updated a new section "Playstyle and Grouping" and replaced old videos with a new one.
ign: Vexcid
Last edited by Vexcid on Sep 29, 2014, 4:51:27 AM
You're not using dual curse on a burn build, which over DOUBLES the damage. My 97 flameblaster one shot everything that wasn't curse immune including courtyard and shrine bosses. I've watched you sometimes take minutes to kill them on your stream. For an investment of only 5 points, why would you not take it?

Spell echo also has a LESS multiplier on it to screw up your damage where Increased AoE lets you one shot the entire screen with a 2 stack flameblast.
Last edited by PeachieMark on Sep 29, 2014, 9:03:35 PM
"
PeachieMark wrote:
You're not using dual curse on a burn build, which over DOUBLES the damage. My 97 flameblaster one shot everything that wasn't curse immune including courtyard and shrine bosses. I've watched you sometimes take minutes to kill them on your stream. For an investment of only 5 points, why would you not take it?

Spell echo also has a LESS multiplier on it to screw up your damage where Increased AoE lets you one shot the entire screen with a 2 stack flameblast.

Which points would you give up good sir? Dual curse sounds extremely boring tbh and ive never taken minutes to kill a boss lol not sure what your talking about bro. Sounds to me like your watching someone completely different. As soon as a boss is ignited they are dead within seconds from flame surge spam. Also spell echo is far superior than increased area because it both increases the stacks generated AND the area in the amount of time charged. Increased AoE only increases AoE.

I was the templar ahead of you on the ladder before I died. And I did watch you take like two minutes on shrine piety more than once.

Spell echo has a 10% less damage multiplier, which double dips into your ignite. It makes your initial hit deal 90% damage and your burn deal 90% damage.

Mathematically, you're losing 10% on the hit and 19% on the burn. I'll show you how much damage you're losing by not dual cursing either.

Burn double dips on resists because the burn is based on the initial hit and then affected by the curses themselves as the ignite goes. With just flammability you lower fire resist by 39%, with 20/20 ele weakness you lower it by 86%(47 additional).

39% more on the hit
1.39x1.39=1.9321=93% more damage on the burn.

86% more on the hit
1.86x1.86=3.4596=246% more damage on the burn.

If we then incorporate your 10% less modifier on spell echo...

1.39x.9=1.251= 25% more damage on hit
(1.39x.9)x(1.39x.9)=1.565001=56% more damage on burn.

125% damage on hit and 156% damage on burn for your setup.
193% damage on hit and 346% damage on burn on my setup.

This is assuming no fire resist. The difference is much, much greater in favor of dual curse on fire resistant monsters.

I do think you built the defense of your build better than I did with mine, but try Inc AoE with Dual Curse. The math doesn't lie.
"
PeachieMark wrote:
I was the templar ahead of you on the ladder before I died. And I did watch you take like two minutes on shrine piety more than once.

Spell echo has a 10% less damage multiplier, which double dips into your ignite. It makes your initial hit deal 90% damage and your burn deal 90% damage.

Mathematically, you're losing 10% on the hit and 19% on the burn. I'll show you how much damage you're losing by not dual cursing either.

Burn double dips on resists because the burn is based on the initial hit and then affected by the curses themselves as the ignite goes. With just flammability you lower fire resist by 39%, with 20/20 ele weakness you lower it by 86%(47 additional).

39% more on the hit

86% more on the hit

This is assuming no fire resist. The difference is much, much greater in favor of dual curse on fire resistant monsters.

I do think you built the defense of your build better than I did with mine, but try Inc AoE with Dual Curse. The math doesn't lie.

BURNED. Get it? Kappa
Hi, thanks for sharing your build and grats on your success! I'm running something similar in Beyond (level 91). I've gone into the marauder area to pick up more block and am currently sitting at 69 block/70 spell block. I'm also running quad curse (+1 stone and doedre's) with two CoH ball lightnings and elemental equilibrium. I also picked up a lightning coil early on, got lucky with the colors (bbbbr), and am still using it. However, lately I'm feeling it's really not necessary and your build pretty much confirms my thinking on that.

Also, after seeing your success, I'm considering respeccing the marauder block nodes that I took and using a Rumi's in place of my granite if I can get a hold of one. Anyway, thanks for posting and congrats on 100!
"
PeachieMark wrote:

39% more on the hit

86% more on the hit

Your forgetting the fact that spell echo will generate double the charges you would have using increased AoE while charging the same amount of time. Otherwise why use spell echo at all?

I would be really impressed if you went over my vods the past few days and found a piety kill that lasted "like 2 minutes"..Really I would.

Still not seeing why I would drop anything on my tree for dual curse. Even if it is much more damage a 1 shot is a 1 shot and I am content with boss kill time.
"
Braves wrote:
BURNED. Get it? Kappa

Nice guild bro. You and Peachie know eachother IRL?
Last edited by Vexcid on Oct 2, 2014, 1:20:53 AM
"
Hi, thanks for sharing your build and grats on your success! I'm running something similar in Beyond (level 91). I've gone into the marauder area to pick up more block and am currently sitting at 69 block/70 spell block. I'm also running quad curse (+1 stone and doedre's) with two CoH ball lightnings and elemental equilibrium. I also picked up a lightning coil early on, got lucky with the colors (bbbbr), and am still using it. However, lately I'm feeling it's really not necessary and your build pretty much confirms my thinking on that.

Also, after seeing your success, I'm considering respeccing the marauder block nodes that I took and using a Rumi's in place of my granite if I can get a hold of one. Anyway, thanks for posting and congrats on 100!

Thanks for the congrats :)

If lightning coil was taking care of most of your phys damage reduction then you would need to run a CWDT setup like mine if you want to replace it. That is my work-around for phys damage at least for a hybrid setup w/ energy shield start time nodes.
Long time Flameblaster here, congrats on achievement. Your tree is perfect, can't find anything wrong with it.

But IMO Fire Penetration is a must for your FlameSurge links. The only times you need single target is against bosses, exiles or highly resistant mobs. All of them have at least 75% fire resist. Fire penetration will work out to more damage than FC or Echo. Math:

Base Resist: 75%
Penetration: 36%
Final Res: 39%

Sample damage: 1000

Faster Cast: 49% more cast speed
FC dmg: 1490
After resist: 1490 * (1-75%) = 372.5

Fire Penetration: ignore 15% incr fire bonus, insignificant
Damage: 1000
After resist: 1000 * (1-39%) = 610

Report Forum Post

Report Account: