[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

"
Dumblet wrote:
having a doryani's catalyst offhand + phys to lightning gem. i think this would be a HUGE dps combo for this build

110% ele, global crit chance and 1% ele leech from catalyst seems nice, and the dual wield nodes

Really good idea, thanks alot!

Doryani offers needed crit chance and enables us to reach crit cap with the DW nodes. Additionaly it offers the possibility the prolif the HoA overkill damage, if you take one reduced mana node. Therefore it is probably the best choice for an offhand weapon.

I am very skeptical however regarding PhystoLightning gem, since it drastically reduces our capability to leech, which is the only remaining defence of the build (after taking away the shield). So I would probably use WED gem instead.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
phys to lightning would drastically increase the dps of the build tho, 110% ele from catalyst and WED gem is a more multiplier. true tho, too glassy. can u provide a good skill tree for this dual wield?

i was also thinking of going abysus + perma immortal call set up with probably a daresso's defiance or something
Last edited by Dumblet on Feb 17, 2015, 2:11:06 AM
After I gave the idea some more thought, I noticed that the actual potential of Doryani's Catalyst is significantly less than what I imagined it to be at first glance:

- 40% Crit: It's a nice bonus, but also not really much more than that
- DW status: Going DW allows us to take up sigificanlty more crit chance from the passive tree. If we however take a closer look at what nodes we have to sacrifice for the needed points, it becomes apparent that they are mostly life nods, which is the only stat that we actually don't want to loose.
- 100% WED: The elemental bonus is not really that significant, since most of the ele damage origins from phys conversion (it's still quite good though)
- Ele Prolif: This was the mod that got me the most excited about this weapon, since proliferating the HoA overkill damage seems really strong. However the huge mana multiplier forces us to drop HoT, so we would no longer be able to apply shock status for a free 150% dmg multiplier.

Doryani's is probably the best choice for an offhand weapon, however the advantages that go with it are not good enough to justify the significant drawbacks of going DW from an endgame mapping point of view.

DW Build as released a few pages before.
Can you kill atziri for this build?
Not really sure if that question is aimed at killing normal or uber atziri: Normal atziri is quite easy to do, while deathless uber is almost impossible as melee unless your CI with 9k+ ES.
This is an amazing guide and the OP really knows his stuff. I wanted to post back though with details on a few minor changes that work well for me for light MF atziri farming and also, just in general, on running this with Abyssus.

Disclaimer: These are NOT top of line MF gear, but enough IIR that I can get 2 to 4 uniques per atziri run and more rares than I can carry. This helps make runs slightly more profitable, but atziri herself will always be the biggest payout, so if you need to drop IIR to kill her or to get through the map, do it.

Gear

Differences, Explanation and DPS
So right away you'll notice that Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics are taken. After enough runs, you probably won't need the phase acrobatics for an atziri fight anymore as the manual dodges aren't really very hard. But it's a nice safety net. And since I've been running with Abyssus for a long time, Acrobatics makes a lot of sense too. You'll notice that this comes at the cost of life nodes... It seems counter-intuitive, and if you were running uber, this would not work, but with the rest of your defenses it will work fine.

You'll also notice three points into the Acuity branch. Why? Accuracy is really important, and a Ring with High MF, Life, res, AND accuracy... just too expensive.

Finally, there isn't a HoA or HoT... Why? I don't need it to clear the trash, and it doesn't really help too too much with the bosses. When running with a Abyssus and a 5L belly, GRACE, then, makes a lot of sense.

Last change: Manual EC. I really like having a manual Enduring Cry for Trio and for phys reflect maps.

MF DPS w/ IAoE no charges: ~43.7K
MF DPS w/ Conc Effect no charges: ~73.8K
MF DPS w/ Conc Effect and Crit Strike no charges: 89K

For Boss fights, switch IAoE for Conc Effect, and pop an atziri flask and/or vaal haste.

For Trio, go into the fight with endurance charges up, and burn down the Spike Thrower first. IF you do that and stay out of the black crap, you'll be fine.

For Atziri, Ruby Flasks are your friend. You can do it without, but it will take longer for dealing with split phase (ie dodging flameblast rather than just tanking it). Swap out IAoE for Con Effect and IIR for IncCritDmg or Strikes. Basically any gem that will up your DPS a crap ton. A 6L helps here. A Lot. Atziri, with high enough DPS, is a joke of a fight. 6L will help with that. I used to do it with a 5L all the time, but the fight takes longer. And the longer the fight takes, the more opportunities for you to screw something up and die.

After 3rd split phase, swap in IIR for your other blue dmg gem and pop any remaining damage flasks to burn her the rest of the way down.

Total run should be no more than 10 minutes once you'd one it a few times.

Clears get crazy fast with better gear:
Spoiler

"
prescben wrote:
This is an amazing guide and the OP really knows his stuff. I wanted to post back though with details on a few minor changes that work well for me for light MF atziri farming and also, just in general, on running this with Abyssus. [...]

You'll also notice three points into the Acuity branch. Why? Accuracy is really important, and a Ring with High MF, Life, res, AND accuracy... just too expensive.

First of all thanks for the positive feedback.
Instead of the Acuity cluster I would recommend to get Depth Perception. It provides crit chance, which is significantly superior to IAS, for the cost of only one more skill point.
Yes, I believe you're correct, that would be a large improvement. Thanks for the tip!

Edit: 2K DPS increase with Depth Perception. Thanks again.
Last edited by prescben on Feb 23, 2015, 12:17:24 AM
So, I've finally 6Led a Belly (RRRGGB), swapped res around, and am able to run a 36 maligaro's as well.

This means I'm at 4600 life, and w/ IAoE, DPS of 104K and w/ ConcEffect DPS of 174K pre-charges/flasks/vaal haste. With ToH and Atziri's promise, that spikes to 265. Never checked what full charges + flasks + haste would do.

So here's the question: What's the chance I can clear Alluring Abyss...

I don't have 6K life, which is what I see a lot of uber-focused life-based builds hitting, nor do I have crazy mirrored crazy dps gear. I'm running a friggin' Bino's still and am in Torment where there isn't a ton of affordable high dps/crit daggers yet. So burning everyone down crazy fast may not be possible either...

Am I too far away from being geared properly to tackle uber yet? Or do I have a shot with some skillful play?

Anyone have advice or thoughts?
With your gear it doesn't matter if you have 4.6k or 6k life, you will get oneshot one way or another anyway. If you want to do uber runs in a serious way, you should recolour your chest for ST. Another option would be getting rid of the lifeless uniques you are using (Abyssus + Mali) and make extensive use of self cast Immortal Call.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info