[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

here's my take on it, food for thought

Spoiler

Tree is pretty similar; i use vaal pact. Auras are hatred, HoT (curse) and HoA (can be grace + manually cast curse too). Simple gear switch for more damage is tri res boots and maligaro's.
The gear looks quite good overall, except for Carnage Heart, which is a horrible item. You loose important mods from a rare amulet (flat phys, crit chance + multi) and the life leech is never worth the reduction to your life pool.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
candoerfer wrote:
The gear looks quite good overall, except for Carnage Heart, which is a horrible item. You loose important mods from a rare amulet (flat phys, crit chance + multi) and the life leech is never worth the reduction to your life pool.

Cool story bro, not sure why you answer like you're some kind of reave oracle. You almost sound like you have that typical "i'm #1 bro" syndrome.

I really don't care what you think. I posted this to give players reading this guide different ideas, because guess what, I had read it before starting and thought it was kinda meh. Coil + acrobatics is very strong and you dont even talk about it. You dont even talk about how cursing makes you lose your reave charges and how HoT + curse on hit + whatever curse is an awesome workaround (curse on cwdt in block/dodge builds is pretty silly).

About carnage, trade off 300 life (big deal) for massive leech? I like it. I also need the stats and res on it. It's a more defensive option since you do lose some damage. Also, with coil, step and both acrobatics i dont need as much life as with your build. Rare is fine too, its a matter of choice (and maybe budget, but for me it wasnt).

As a side note, you could get one with additional curse and gloves (maligaro's?) with vulnerability on hit for a huge DPS boost.
"
drake1666 wrote:
I really don't care what you think.

Maybe you should not have posted in here then, but since you did, I will take the liberty to share my opinons on your comments.

"
drake1666 wrote:
Coil + acrobatics is very strong and you dont even talk about it.

I elaborated several times on Coil + Acro over the last 30 pages. The reason for not including it into the guide is a design choice. If I mentioned every usable item and comment on it why I am not using them, the guide would be less coherent and become far too long (since there are alot of uniques that can be played in melee crit builds). If this were an Acrobatics build, I would have mentioned Coil.

"
drake1666 wrote:
[...] curse on cwdt in block/dodge builds is pretty silly.

This build is neither a dodge build, nor does it take any block nodes, so your logic does not apply here.

"
drake1666 wrote:
About carnage, trade off 300 life (big deal) for massive leech? I like it.

Unless you took VP (which you did not mention), you will be massively overcapped on leech and the stat will just go to vaste.

"
drake1666 wrote:
As a side note, you could get one with additional curse and gloves (maligaro's?) with vulnerability on hit for a huge DPS boost.

The thing is, I don't need any more DPS (unless I want to start 1-shotting myself at reflect again), so gloves with Hp are more valuable (not talking specifically about Acuity here, even rare one's are preferred over Maligaro's).
I do use VP and i did mention it. Carnage without VP is obviously stupid.
hi there, nice and awesome build
i'm new in this kind of build since my buddy took my bow and drillneck >.<

i have few questions about this build
1. is this armor recommended for this kind of build?

i know will less HP but more resist thou

2. i having trouble maxed all my resistant, is it more leech life will cover that part? currently have 2% leech life and my current pdps reach 39k with Inc AreaEffect

My Current Gear
Spoiler

Skill tree i copied from your tutor
"
leftyZX wrote:
hi there, nice and awesome build
i'm new in this kind of build since my buddy took my bow and drillneck >.<

i have few questions about this build
1. is this armor recommended for this kind of build?

i know will less HP but more resist thou

Belly is BiS for this build and seeing that you already have a 5L Belly, I would strongly recommend to use it over the Atziri chest.

"
leftyZX wrote:

2. i having trouble maxed all my resistant, is it more leech life will cover that part? currently have 2% leech life and my current pdps reach 39k with Inc AreaEffect

Maxing your elemental resistances is crucial and there is nothing that can make up for it.
Are there any viable or optimal unique shields for the build?
Also, can you give me some advice on leveling?
Last edited by Satsuki09 on May 14, 2015, 12:58:10 PM
"
Satsuki09 wrote:
Are there any viable or optimal unique shields for the build?

I used Crest of Perandus (legacy) until 90+. The new Perandus is still very good for levelling and early maps. A high rolled Great Old One's Ward is probably BiS for this build, since it does not only provide an incredible DPS boost, but also flat (!) spellblock.

"
Satsuki09 wrote:
Also, can you give me some advice on leveling?

There is a levelling skilltree in the OP. Generally you should prioritize life nodes over dmg stats and get crit nodes last. Make sure to have decent life rolls on all/most of your items.
Flasks?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info