[3.0]Facebreaker Cycloner REDUX - Voyage to 1M dps

"
Two_Dollars wrote:
Wanted to say thanx for the help with suggested passives. Build is working great so far :)

Wanted to ask why your abyssus setup has blood magic in the cwdt setup? Is it just for leveling purposes or am I missing something?

I can answer that one ;) He doesnt have enough mana left after aura's to cast blood rage so thats why he uses the blood magic gem.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
Nice build. I am planning to play this kind of bareknuckle girl soon. I like the last tree you posted; it makes sense to boost phys/melee damage to the max. I would try to invest 3 points to get Amplify in order to replace Carcass Jack by a tankier Belly of the Beast and 1 point to get Frenzy (and help Kraityn in merciless) to boost the frenzy charges. The Great Old One's Ward is a great idea.
ok sofar im rocking this build on torment with great glee =) i haven't really optimized my gear yet, mainly because i haven't gotten a 6-link yet.... period... but anywho i have a level 79 scion and im at around 30k dps running 3 auras (haste,hoash,hatred) im experimenting with your bloodrage combo atm and its pretty nice to not have to run life leech gem with cyclone for fire damage added. i practically have the same build but i did change a couple of nodes so far but i think its because i took resist nodes to compensate for lack of gear.

again anyway below ill link my gear and talents lmk what you think =)

Talents:

Gear:
Spoiler

i can screenshot when i get home but im at work so bleh. anyway thanks =)
Last edited by verath87 on Feb 5, 2015, 4:23:17 PM
"
verath87 wrote:

Vengeance canot be used while unarmed since last patch

I have a question for you guys
For this build do you thnik this amulet should get multicraft mod ?
like 2 resist or so... ?
---
Last edited by Kelemn on Feb 5, 2015, 5:32:03 PM
"
Kelemn wrote:
"
verath87 wrote:

Vengeance canot be used while unarmed since last patch

I have a question for you guys
For this build do you thnik this amulet should get multicraft mod ?
like 2 resist or so... ?

Multi mods also takes an spot. So master craft 1 resist and just throw an exalt on it.
I finally took the time to change the first post.

"
hondana wrote:
Nice build. I am planning to play this kind of bareknuckle girl soon. I like the last tree you posted; it makes sense to boost phys/melee damage to the max. I would try to invest 3 points to get Amplify in order to replace Carcass Jack by a tankier Belly of the Beast and 1 point to get Frenzy (and help Kraityn in merciless) to boost the frenzy charges. The Great Old One's Ward is a great idea.

Amplify helps a lot when you don't have enough dps to kill mobs with the overkill damage from HoA. Once you reach 100k+ dps you don't need a Carcass Jack or Amplify anymore as just about anything you don't hit just melts away.
IGN: Sciontics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394 - Facebreaker Cyclone REDUX
"
Munkehboi wrote:
"
Zedda wrote:
This may have been asked before, but I'd like to know if this build is viable with Bringer of Rain instead of Abyssus. I have a legacy Facebreakers & BoR. I don't have an Abyssus, and I definitely don't have a 6L (aside from Tabula)

Would I be able to expect similar dps/survivability?

I really like the idea here of using prolif Herald of Ash to quickly clear large mobs, in fact this is the reason I'm looking at this thread.

Most difficult aspect might be getting max resists and having to use extra skill points to cap it. DPS will be lower overall but you might still be able to churn out good DPS numbers, probably between 50-75k dependant on Facebreaker roll and gems. I've played with the idea of a legacy BoR and would change it to take advantage of the 15% block and get as much block chance on it and build it around trigger gems with reckoning/riposte to generate endurance charges and curses etc. Overall though I dont think it would come close to the potential that Abyssus and an 6 Link armor piece would give though.

Oh crap, Bringer of Rain is only 20 - 30 phys dmg?!

I thought it was 80 - 120 added phys dmg. I was wondering why on earth you'd get a dmg reduction if Abyssus is only 40 - 60.

Kinda disappointed now... I may have to stick with Abyssus after all. Managed to snag one for 4 chaos (they're worth 1+ ex usually)
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
Hi, why vaal cyclone in your gloves?
"
franpixxx wrote:

Because vaal cyclone = awesome!

I play many times with him and he sucks in all the map bosses with vaal cyclone and i finish them off real quick!
Last edited by PaladinSMD on Feb 7, 2015, 4:20:49 PM
"
PaladinSMD wrote:
"
franpixxx wrote:

Because vaal cyclone = awesome!

I play many times with him and he sucks in all the map bosses with vaal cyclone and i finish them off real quick!

Exactly this. I only use it in group play, it's awesome for the Courtyard bosses for example.

I've been thinking of trying a low life BM Facebreaker/Cycloner for quite some time now and yesterday I saw a 5 off-colour 6 linked Shavronne's with the exact colours I needed so I took a chance and with the help of my buddy PaladinSMD I was able to buy it (basically I'm his bitch now :D ).

After about 2 hours of theory crafting and abusing full respec characters we came to a hugely disappointing conclusion, not only does my damage go down to about 105k, the whole concept is just not viable because of the mana cost of Cyclone and absence of any survivability whatsoever.
IGN: Sciontics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394 - Facebreaker Cyclone REDUX

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info