[3.0]Facebreaker Cycloner REDUX - Voyage to 1M dps

quick leveling question:
what did you guys level with and when did you start using cyclone? i'm level 34 at the moment and i've just been leveling with molten strike. i tried sticking cyclone into my links with bloodmagic and some of the other gems mentioned in the thread, but it just seems that i'm taking far too much damage and cyclone costs too much to cast.

i'm at 1.3k life atm and cyclone costs like 90 life per cast.
It' not really a matter of what level but how much you leech to be able to Cyclone on Blood Magic. It's a pretty mana/life consuming skill so you need as much leech as you can get.

I've been playing with the new tree for a few days now, made a few changes here and there and I think this will be the tree I will stick with.

I switched my Atziri Flask for a legacy Rumi's Concoction as I hardly even used the Atzi and with a Rumi I double my armour and max out my block again (and get 20% spell block as well). Because of the insane clearpeed I can have the Rumi's up about 90% of the time.

Here are my new defensive stats with the flask activated:

I'll be updating the first post either in an hour or so or tomorrow.
IGN: Sciontics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394 - Facebreaker Cyclone REDUX
Last edited by DeChaoOrdo on Feb 1, 2015, 5:48:04 PM
What is the general consensus on this shield?

Not worth it because of no resists and no armor?

IGN: BusinessCasual
"
enwot wrote:

Wow didn't even know that shield looks nice if you can get max resist on rest of the gear.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
Would it be worth it going for Iron Grip? As I have some spare points from not needing to spend on all resist / single resist nodes. I have 400+ strength, Iron grip would equal 80% increased physical damage, no? Tho I'm unsure if Iron grip even affects Facebreakers.
Last edited by rappieaz1992 on Feb 2, 2015, 4:08:43 PM
"
Would it be worth it going for Iron Grip? As I have some spare points from not needing to spend on all resist / single resist nodes. I have 400+ strength, Iron grip would equal 80% increased physical damage, no? Tho I'm unsure if Iron grip even affects Facebreakers.

"
Iron Grip is a keystone passive skill that applies the physical damage bonus from strength to projectile attacks as well as melee attacks.

if you spec into iron grip, your cyclone will gain nothing, Iron grip makes the bonus melee damage that you already have through strength also apply to range and projectile attacks. It wont benefit your melee damage at all, it will do nothing.
"
Patch note
Vengeance can no longer trigger while unarmed.

I guess my idea of life gain on it with vengeance is dead :(
---
"
enwot wrote:

Damage wise it's an excellent shield, defensively it sucks though. No armour, hardly any evasion and no resistances. Without my shield I go down from 8,600 to 3,000 armour. With the Rumi's it's even worse, from 16k to 6k.
IGN: Sciontics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394 - Facebreaker Cyclone REDUX
Wich gems should we put to 20 % quality first ?

Also what you think of
Warlord's Mark + reckoning + curse on hit + melee phys dmg
to get the curse on ennemi/get more life leech(6.9%)/get your endurance charge(39% at 20/20).

Even more if we use a 20/20 curse on hit (7.59% leech and 42.9%)

This could add some dps while not using CWDT 1+ enduring cry.

( Or also Riposte + melee splash + endurance charge on melee stun + stun could be a nice idea ?)
Could be nice now that your using Rumi
---
Last edited by Kelemn on Feb 3, 2015, 11:37:18 AM
"
Wich gems should we put to 20 % quality first ?

Also what you think of
Warlord's Mark + reckoning + curse on hit + melee phys dmg
to get the curse on ennemi/get more life leech(6.9%)/get your endurance charge(39% at 20/20).

Even more if we use a 20/20 curse on hit (7.59% leech and 42.9%)

This could add some dps while not using CWDT 1+ enduring cry.

( Or also Riposte + melee splash + endurance charge on melee stun + stun could be a nice idea ?)
Could be nice now that your using Rumi

Hey, regarding "Riposte + melee splash + endurance charge on melee stun + stun" you don't need the stun support gem, riposte will automatically stun, the damage is so big the when you hit the mob you one shot it and also you stun them so the stun gem does nothing here, Riposte + melee splash + endurance charge on melee stun is just fine you don't need the stun gem.

Regarding the curse on hit proc warlord's mark, in my understanding, if you one shot a mob you don't get anything from a curse, in other words i think that first you block a hit, then reckoning procs, then you hit the mob, when you hit the mob it dies. i don't think the curse is even applied there, i might be wrong you can try.

I am talking about an ideal scenario where you have enough damage to one shot mobs with counter skills, if you don't then that setup might work for you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info