[3.0]Facebreaker Cycloner REDUX - Voyage to 1M dps

Giving this build a +1, respecced an old Shadow with a slightly modified tree and not quite perfect gear, but still fun and effective.
So I was looking at the tree, and if the general consensus is that life > armour, then you could respect out of pathing to resolute technique from the middle of the Marauder tree, and instead take the 3 stat points to get there by going up the Marauder tree instead. This leaves you with 6 points, which can then be invested into the Blood drinker cluster and 2 of the life nodes we skipped.

Summary of Stats lost vs gained:

Lost:
- 14% Life
- 6% all resist
- 8% Fire resist
- 52% Armour
- 3% Movement
- 0.5% Life regeneration

Gained:
- 30% Life
- 2% Life Leech

That seems like a decent trade to me, but I don't have the end game gears yet so what do you think?
"
So I was looking at the tree, and if the general consensus is that life > armour, then you could respect out of pathing to resolute technique from the middle of the Marauder tree, and instead take the 3 stat points to get there by going up the Marauder tree instead. This leaves you with 6 points, which can then be invested into the Blood drinker cluster and 2 of the life nodes we skipped.

Summary of Stats lost vs gained:

Lost:
- 14% Life
- 6% all resist
- 8% Fire resist
- 52% Armour
- 3% Movement
- 0.5% Life regeneration

Gained:
- 30% Life
- 2% Life Leech

Pretty much what I did

Dropped that pathing through the armour section and went up to BD. (4 pts : 20% life 2% leech) Took 2/3 of the radius cluster up near templar because it's dumb not to take it imo. (2 points: 16% increased radius, 8% increased aoe dmg) Still have another 3 extra free points to do with what I want.

The only real downside to this is that we're no longer close an any endurance charge to take with a passive point...But the 2% leech is a big, big gain.

A lot of this build's defense comes from a high block shield + extra block chance + good hp pool + lots of flasks + point blank CWDT. Rumi's is def BiS for this imo.

The problem is that there is roughly [1400(shield)+(700 helm)+700(chest+boots)]*.5 extra armor we miss out on, which comes to like ~1400 extra armor. Probably fine to miss it.

Even if the armour path was kept, I would still go BD and sacrifice some dmg. That cluster is amazing by itself.

Rumi's + Quicksilver + Burst Heal flask + Flexible/Granite + Promise I think is solid.

Also, I think going Life/Physical/End charge is possibly better on bandits
Last edited by posterier on Feb 9, 2015, 9:52:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/FiVTCV5.jpg

Nice spec, cleared atziri in about 19 hours with a new char. Almost a deathless run, died to spike lady accidently :(
IGN: _Jacky
Last edited by fire99966 on Feb 10, 2015, 3:15:45 AM
I think this was mentioned before but without any answer. So I'm still curious why starting as Scion and not as a Maradeur?
"
I think this was mentioned before but without any answer. So I'm still curious why starting as Scion and not as a Maradeur?

Sion allows you easy access to both the left half and right half on the skill tree
How much of an upgrade is going from 5 Linked to 6 Linked? Could somebody post some numbers based on taking out various combinations of gems for comparison? Out of the supports, it would seem the two weakest would be Added Fire & Faster Attacks. Which would be the one to drop if we only had a 5 link?

I do have enough currency for a 6 link, but that would be putting all my eggs in one basket and I think it might be better for me to spend some of that on good jewelry. The price jump is huge...2-4exalt = 5 linked to 29+ exalts for a 6 link? /sigh

Thank you for anyone who post numbers and to the OP for making a cool build :)
"
How much of an upgrade is going from 5 Linked to 6 Linked? Could somebody post some numbers based on taking out various combinations of gems for comparison? Out of the supports, it would seem the two weakest would be Added Fire & Faster Attacks. Which would be the one to drop if we only had a 5 link?

I do have enough currency for a 6 link, but that would be putting all my eggs in one basket and I think it might be better for me to spend some of that on good jewelry. The price jump is huge...2-4exalt = 5 linked to 29+ exalts for a 6 link? /sigh

Thank you for anyone who post numbers and to the OP for making a cool build :)

hey for me it is 20k tooltip dps difference, from 64k to 84k
Also if you don't have a 6l it is better to leave added fire out
This is bad three variant?

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAe4x-4ITEdn-eVx6U5FFQR-8OFCBfP3y4Gj7yLyku8ax-4nk5Vw3ZYa2Nz352rOoY9zJ82XKpxPY8LUz_r2xo8vAfogAEs8BmlFzMZkqYl3nGrhynU6UMXzWS2L3-Crc-SshuqrXyPycqTX1brEdRTMpKb56DCWBDbj0DljsowzpLCrfZYQapNJu1UzUPqxa_JpVh4rCS_5NR2aLZsNhtbLVIMglybGxGqW54DYTZAdy-ir6nZU29Nkd-L8zBgraKYuyE7wUteu907WBLXhNAoMC_BIePmTJO8kU64aZXMZ411kUK9Ma-vA==

Spoiler
I JUST WANNA BE MURDER
Last edited by ohbabyitriple on Feb 12, 2015, 12:36:01 AM
I really like your tree don't see any real problem with it.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info