Grim Dawn is actually better than PoE

"
Grim Dawn is maturing very well as a ARPG game.

- Crafting is actually pretty cool and they got it right from the start. Doubtful, but maybe
- No desync doesnt exist unless its offline
- You can progress through the entire game without trading Boring
- No stupid overpowered items like shavronne's wrappings, aegis or vaal pact gloves. Boring
- Well rolled rares are stronger than uniques POE also
- No legacy items Well That Sucks
- Better itemization Possible
- Actual good items on the vendor Doubtful
- No lag once again not possible unless offline
- No RMT UM, Big Deal, LOL
- No ugly microtransactions Who Cares
- No poe.xyz its not poe, why would it, LOL
- Good drop rates for solo self found play BORING LOOTFEST
- No reliance on trading to use your skills That really sucks

Yay for Grim Dawn. It beats PoE hands down. Doesnt look that way to me

Doesnt look very promising to me
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
thefredz wrote:

this is what killed torchlight 2 for me. People would just mod the single player game to get all the BiS gear than just hop on multiplayer with their goldly gear

Some consider it good, some consider it bad, it's just a different approach.
- pros : no one pushes you to cheat, it's up to your conscience; modding means nothing in non-competitive environment; no one urges you to party with cheaters
-cons : if there gonna be competitive events/elements, it terribly sucks and will push a lot of players away from MP

There's not enough information about developers' intentions.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
mucker wrote:

I found it easy and boring, you're just spoonfed everything and have to behave just absurdly to get killed.

I'm sure they'll tweak the game to desync you then one shot you, when they get closer to release. Hardcore stuff.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
thefredz wrote:
"
b15h09 wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Isn't Green yawn single player only?

Will have MP support, but won't be an mmo with a secured economy. Which rocks.

this is what killed torchlight 2 for me. People would just mod the single player game to get all the BiS gear than just hop on multiplayer with their goldly gear

Different strokes, I guess. I played Diablo for years, and this never really bothered me.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
Grim Dawn is maturing very well as a ARPG game.

*List*

Yay for Grim Dawn. It beats PoE hands down.

Cool story bro. Maybe you should just go play that instead instead of posting here.

Also lol. Rekt. GG GGG
Last edited by Brotherhawk on Aug 6, 2014, 3:52:13 PM
"
thefredz wrote:
"
b15h09 wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Isn't Green yawn single player only?

Will have MP support, but won't be an mmo with a secured economy. Which rocks.

if you use mods in tl2 the char gets flagged as "modded", you can check for this players in mp and kick them if you want cant remember how it works exactly right now

I've tried Grim Dawn and I think its a very solid title, however theres very little content yet. Compared to titan quest, of which is supposed to be the successor, i'd say its like 1/5 in size and content.

I know they are supposed to add more stuff but I wish developers would stop giving public access to theyr games so early on, it really spoils a lot of the fun of actually playing a finished product (do they even exist anymore ?).

Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
Grim Dawn is super by-the-numbers. STILL feels too much like Titty Quest to me.

Also, virtually every aspect listed by the OP are a result of GD being fairly unambitious. Unless it has some serious aces up its sleeve, it's just not a game you're going to see people play and replay for years. Just as Torchlight II wasn't, and it had *complete modding options* and the much-awaited multiplayer functionality.

Not saying it will flop, but it's not going to be a revelation either.

As for 'better', because GD has an offline mode, a single player focus (for now) and isn't free, I wouldn't even say it's worth comparing to PoE. Those three factors affect a game's development far too much for there to be serious and fair comparison.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Amiag wrote:
I wish developers would stop giving public access to theyr games so early on, it really spoils a lot of the fun of actually playing a finished product (do they even exist anymore ?)

Extremely good point. PoE *had* to get in there early by its very indie, f2p nature, but a not-free, professionally-developed ARPG from the guys who made Titty Quest? Really, giving public access to incomplete builds (at least until a proper closed beta and maybe a stress test) raises some red flags for me.

Say what one will about AAA titles, especially on console, at least *most* of the time, you're buying something that has been internally tested and tested and tested, and is a 'finished product'.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
It's just a few people splitting from the titan quest company and working on their own game.

The reason they let people pay to get into their games early now is to fund the games development, and because much more is expected of a game nowadays, way more features.

Still, i prefer also games where no one plays till release. That's the best experience.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
lol, its a single player offline game. You can use cheats, you can dupe all your items by copying ur stash data and renaming it, the devs have said if you want all the items you can just load a hack mod, same way if you wanted to cheat in Doom you just pulled down the console and typed /giveall, who gives a fuck its just a single player game, youre only cheating yourself, and thats why any comparison in the manner of the op is completely flawed.

Grind Dawn is awesome, toasted cheese sarnies are awesome too, but its redundant to compare them to a 6 course banquet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info