Grim Dawn is actually better than PoE

Well, I saw a guy on Youtube commenting about this game. It has great graphics and such but it's not better than PoE - is a good game, nothing else.

The good thing for us is that GD is another PoE's rival. With this in mind, GGG'd have to be even more creative to maintain the community here and not in the other ARPGs. +)
GGG has already pretty much lost me. Besides my general dislike of the economy and drop rates in PoE, I don't like the constant "balancing" of the game. Someone could take a break for 2 seasons, come back and the game is completely different. I don't like it when things are constantly changing that much. Things that used to be good are now shit, and things that used to be shit are now good.

It's impossible to keep any sorta pulse on this game unless you're playing it non-stop, every season. I really can't put into words how much I don't like that. Games like PoE made me appreciate games that are more static. I haven't played since perandus league, if I was to come back for the next league, the game has completely changed and I'd have to "relearn" the game. The problem I got with that is that it's not actually a new game. It's a facade of the same old shit I played before, they just nerfed a bunch of stuff, and buffed some other stuff and maybe threw in a new skill gem or 2. With the same general issues I got with the game still standing.

I prefer offline single player ARPGs these days. I'm pretty much done with the MMORPG type ones with shitty drop rates and trade based economies. I can go play Grim Dawn right now for 45 minutes to 1 hour and farm up some high end legendary items. Comparable quality items I could play an entire league (3-4 hours a day) in PoE and never get to drop. I don't enjoy spending that much time grinding. I just don't. And never will.

If GGG ever wants to make a single player offline version of PoE, and put it up for sale, I'm a buyer for about $25-$30. Or alternatively they make a self found league.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Nov 30, 2016, 6:51:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info