Four Days of Stash Tab Sales

I'm also in the camp of people where it doesn't make sense to buy more tabs so long as read-only tabs devour them.

Fortunately, I'd bought enough tabs previously that I won't be hurting for a while.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
"
Archwizard wrote:

They weren't. They're intended so that when leagues end you don't lose all your TempLeague items because your PermLeague tabs are full. People have just been abusing the hell out of it and now they're butthurt it's ending.

It does affect GGG sales so it's quite bad for them.
IGN TylordRampage
"
CelticHound wrote:
I'm also in the camp of people where it doesn't make sense to buy more tabs so long as read-only tabs devour them.

Fortunately, I'd bought enough tabs previously that I won't be hurting for a while.

Yup. This is how it is.

No better way to approach it than to just boycott buying tabs until GGG fixes it. Money talks.
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 11, 2014, 9:25:00 AM
"
Chris wrote:
"
geradon wrote:
question:

all my tabs are premium so my read only tabs from last temp league are premium too. i can rename and recolor them .... great for forever keeping them and stock up my stash in standard for no costs at all.

if i now buy regular tabs these read only tabs get converted to the purchased ones. does that mean i will lose the premium readonly ones?

Purchasing tabs increases your allowance of that type. Buying regular tabs will never affect your premium ones (even if they're read-only).

Also, I should clarify that buying tabs doesn't modify race reward tabs.

I just want to add that buying Premium tabs randomly upgrades Regular Read-Only tabs as well as converts Premium Read-Only tabs, i.e. Regular Read-Only tabs can be upgraded to Premium Fully-Functional tabs even you have Premium Read-Only tabs remaining. I've personally experienced this with my last purchase where a mix of Regular and Premium Read-Only tabs were converted. The only guarantee in Chris' statement is that a Premium Read-Only tab will never be downgraded to a Regular Fully-Functional tab.

When I contacted support about the conversion problem, I received stellar help as always and a satisfactory solution was found. I did suggest, though, that they update the stash tab descriptions to avoid additional players feeling cheated on the deal. Someone else in this thread mentioned that too so I'm not alone in feeling that it's the fair thing to do.

Despite the excellent support response, I'll sadly be joining the group of players refraining from further stash tabs purchases until it becomes possible to retain the Read-Only tabs. I just doesn't make sense to me to have the Read-Only tabs converted.

EDIT: Actually, upon re-reading the description currently displayed for stash tab purchases, it seems to be misleading because it literally says that the purchase will "add extra tabs", which is no longer true if you happen to have Read-Only tabs.
Let each player choose which version of PoE to play:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/24770192
Last edited by StarTraveller_DK on Jul 11, 2014, 2:59:45 PM
"
EDIT: Actually, upon re-reading the description currently displayed for stash tab purchases, it seems to be misleading because it literally says that the purchase will "add extra tabs", which is no longer true if you happen to have Read-Only tabs.

But RO tabs are not regular tabs, they are remove-only. You cannot pick something up and put it back down in those tabs like you can with regular tabs, so the description is still correct (converting a RO tab is still adding a regular tab to your arsenal).
Last edited by GoatEatingToilet on Jul 11, 2014, 7:12:04 PM
And once again I jumped the gun on getting the stash tabs... :(
could you guys please run single stash tab sales as well? i'd consider gettting a 5$ points package if i could get two stash tabs for it. but i'm not comfortable with spending more money.
Great deal, despite the fact that I already have a sufficient number of tabs.

But here is one thing that GGG have to do,in my opinion: something like "merge" or "move" in context menu of the tabs.
I mean that I have enough empty tabs, but it's waste much time to transfer sorted and carefully distributed items from "remove only" to "general" tab. In particular, jewelry and gems.

It would be great to be able to move them in one click.
The darker the eye, the more diligent the watched.
When was the last time they did a 'Upgrade Standard to Premium Stash Tab' sale? I really need to change all these standard ones I have to premium ones xD
"
so the description is still correct (converting a RO tab is still adding a regular tab to your arsenal).

bullshit argument.

if it wasn't misleading, buying a stash tab would do the same thing (give you a new, clean tab) whether or not you had remove-only

the fact that buying a stash tab has different functionality depending in your current stash configuration, is 100% misleading, and implies an incorrect or incomplete description.
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 12, 2014, 8:48:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info