delete readonly tabs in parent leagues after 3 months

- currently they're used as a free storage by many players which probably wasn't developers intention in the first place

- as stash tabs are already seen as a pay to win advantage by many players, the existence of readonly tabs multiplies that advantage by 3 on a 4 months base because your stash increases that much if you play both temp leagues

- readonly tabs being there forever completely removes the incentive for players with 50-100 tabs to play in the parent leagues because the work neccessary after you played 2 seasons without cleaning up is demotivating which is made worse by the fact that the game's interface isn't designed to handle 200-300 tabs efficently enough to start the task at all if one doesn't have to (a shortcut to jump to a previously defined tab would be a nice addition!)

- players like me who mainly play in temp leagues do not care about the readonly tabs in standard/hardcore which clogs up the database in the long term

- players having to sort their items shortly before the tep leagues end to minimize the work neccessary later in the parent league increases decision making and the microanagement aspect in the game as well as pushes trading and player interaction

- in general it leads to players purchasing more stash tabs which is good for the longevity of the game

- i would exclude guild stash from that rule to push guilds

disclaimer: the original idea came from peachii
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I'm mixed. I don't want to penalize a player who played in a league but then went away from the game for 6 months before coming back. "**** I had a legacy ______ and now it's gone."

However, I also have to admit, when the two week race ended, I wasn't really sure why I should bother moving any items out of the Remove Only tabs... keeping them there seemed pretty win/win, in a way it probably wasn't meant to be.

I have a feeling, though, that GGG will favor not making people unhappy.

Buying no tabs does effectively limits your Read Only tabs, and buying more tabs increases your Read Only tabs...

But I could imagine someone wanting to horde a currency, and filling up whole tabs with it, knowing it will go into a Read Only tab, and not take up space in a regular parent league tab... A matter of fact, think I'll go do that now for fun... 1 page of alts and 1 page of chromes should be a start, or maybe a page of Chances or Vaal Orbs (just in case.)
Last edited by DragonsProphecy on Jun 25, 2014, 3:12:24 PM
"
geradon wrote:
1) wasn't developers intention in the first place

2) - players like me who mainly play in temp leagues do not care about the readonly tabs in standard/hardcore which clogs up the database in the long term

3) - players having to sort their items shortly before the tep leagues end to minimize the work neccessary later in the parent league increases decision making and the microanagement aspect in the game as well as pushes trading and player interaction

4) - in general it leads to players purchasing more stash tabs which is good for the longevity of the game

5) - i would exclude guild stash from that rule to push guilds

1) Let's ask GGG about it?

2) What about other players? Those who play standard after leagues end. This is bad attitude "i don't do it - no one should do that"?

And if you really care about precious database space - just vendor all before league ends (and delete character after)
"You aren't ought to do this?" Hypocrisy.

3) Why shouldn't people sort their stash and come to parent league with sorted one?
It's good to be organized person. Whose fault if your stash is clogged with unnecessary staff?

4) Pushing for purchase. I think GGG are against it.
(And i can't see logic in how removing r.-o. tabs would increase stashtabs purchases; it will increase number of unsatisfied players, that's for sure)

5) Why so? Why can't same logic apply here also?
"
"leads to players purchasing more stash tabs"

P.S. i don't use any of r.-o. tabs if you're interested; all were emptied next day
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
- as stash tabs are already seen as a pay to win advantage by many players, the existence of readonly tabs multiplies that advantage by 3 on a 4 months base because your stash increases that much if you play both temp leagues
what a crock of BS. How does having read only tabs multiply this "advantage" by 3? I'm not going to get into another stash tab argument, but I have yet to see anyone "win" by having more stash tabs and having remove only tabs wouldn't make somebody "win" even more. If anything, it'd give the people too cheap to buy stash tabs extra storage, thus giving them this "advantage" for free.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
option to delete.

gg.

VI
"
mark1030 wrote:
what a crock of BS.

i just wanted to point out that the current system puts somebody who just plays on standard and hardcore on a serious disadvantage. (no, it's not their fault, some just like to play where their friends play for example).

and it's a fact that when you play all the temp leagues, your item stash doubles (not triples, i was wrong..) on a 4 month's basis. isn't it? it is!

and it's a fact that somebody who can store away, for example, masses of uniques in case they get legacy has a serious advantage over somebody who has to sell them because he needs space for gems and items for recipes, whatever...

"
mark1030 wrote:
I have yet to see anyone "win" by having more stash tabs and having remove only tabs wouldn't make somebody "win" even more.

of course there is diminishing returns on the amount of tabs which i estimate starts about 40-50 tabs. after this it really gets messy when leagues end and micromanagement gets hold over your gameplay.

on a related note, i like micromanagement, that's why i have masses of tabs. and i will never beat poe. but that was never my goal.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
geradon wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
what a crock of BS.

i just wanted to point out that the current system puts somebody who just plays on standard and hardcore on a serious disadvantage. (no, it's not their fault, some just like to play where their friends play for example).

and it's a fact that when you play all the temp leagues, your item stash doubles (not triples, i was wrong..) on a 4 month's basis. isn't it? it is!

and it's a fact that somebody who can store away, for example, masses of uniques in case they get legacy has a serious advantage over somebody who has to sell them because he needs space for gems and items for recipes, whatever...

"
mark1030 wrote:
I have yet to see anyone "win" by having more stash tabs and having remove only tabs wouldn't make somebody "win" even more.

of course there is diminishing returns on the amount of tabs which i estimate starts about 40-50 tabs. after this it really gets messy when leagues end and micromanagement gets hold over your gameplay.

on a related note, i like micromanagement, that's why i have masses of tabs. and i will never beat poe. but that was never my goal.

You do know you don't actually get 3 times your stash tabs (normal + both challenge leagues), but only potential storage space. To effectively have 3 times the storage you would have to fill every single stash tab in both challenge leagues. You just get to keep your items without messing up your standard stash
I don't know how I missed this thread. When this horrible migraine passes I'll try my best to explain, again, why I think read only tabs should expire after 60 or 90 days. I'm very convinced after seeing the other threads that GGG has created a bunch of entitled people who expect as much as possible for free, who cares if it ultimately hurts GGG. I think I see why after years of doing business gaming companies don't have the niceness and the customer service of GGG. Gamers beat it out of them by being jerks.

Even Blizzard doesn't let the mail you bounce back and forth in the mailbox between characters last forever, you have 60 days and then it disappears if you don't take it out and re-mail it.

1- Read Only tabs should not be able to be linked in sale threads, ever. They should be for extra stash space while they are there and nothing else.

2- They should expire in 60 - 90 days.

3- New stash tabs should convert read only tabs. I'm a bit leary of this one because of the fact that people will wait until the end of the leagues to buy stash tabs if this is permanent and not buy them through out the season whenever they need them.

I pretty much said everything I had to say in the other thread already.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
peachii wrote:
I don't know how I missed this thread. When this horrible migraine passes I'll try my best to explain, again, why I think read only tabs should expire after 60 or 90 days. I'm very convinced after seeing the other threads that GGG has created a bunch of entitled people who expect as much as possible for free, who cares if it ultimately hurts GGG. I think I see why after years of doing business gaming companies don't have the niceness and the customer service of GGG. Gamers beat it out of them by being jerks.

Even Blizzard doesn't let the mail you bounce back and forth in the mailbox between characters last forever, you have 60 days and then it disappears if you don't take it out and re-mail it.

1- Read Only tabs should not be able to be linked in sale threads, ever. They should be for extra stash space while they are there and nothing else.

2- They should expire in 60 - 90 days.

3- New stash tabs should convert read only tabs. I'm a bit leary of this one because of the fact that people will wait until the end of the leagues to buy stash tabs if this is permanent and not buy them through out the season whenever they need them.

I pretty much said everything I had to say in the other thread already.

You forget people take breaks.

what if someone doesnt even play during the time the tabs disappear? Can that person hold you accountable then because you suggested this? I dont think so. I rather have them convert remove only tabs into regular ones when people buy those.

Maybe on active accounts they could send a message saying the remove only tabs should be cleared or new ones bought before they get deleted.

Flat out deleting them after a certain time period is total bullshit.
can have unlimited accounts.. so unlimited bank space.

what i see wrong is people starting new leagues emptying their old read only race rewards into fresh leagues.
@Minstrelshadrak

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info