Announcing the One-Month Leagues (and Ambush/Invasion Challenge Winners)

"
t_golgari wrote:
Oh wtf?

The last 1-weekers except one where hc. The charity event was hc. Most of the races are hc. There's a permanent hc league. Now we get the second (SECOND) special event that is softcore, and you all go bananas?

None of those were 1-month and they all ran while SC had a challenge league. We have permanent HC only, but that's filled with legacy uniques, a bloated economy, and an noncompetitive ladder.

"
t_golgari wrote:
What is wrong with you ignorant and spoiled people? You are not entitled to anything, you know that, right? What if I told you that many of the players in my guild refused to play the charity event because it was hc? We could have spammed the forums for countless hours because of that. But we didn't.

You could have refused to play the charity event and kept playing Ambush. We can't keep playing Invasion.

"
t_golgari wrote:
And there's a reason for that:
Those of us who wanted to participate, did. Some died, some reached their goal (lvl-threshold) and some just played on.

That's great, but not everyone wants to play SC just as not everyone wanted to play HC.

"
t_golgari wrote:
All the others kept playing their characters in the sc leagues, because those leagues aren't dead.

HC dumpster is dead.

"
t_golgari wrote:
You can still party, play and trade.

Without a competitive ladder and a decent economy.

"
t_golgari wrote:
You could do that on Ambush right till the end.

We can't do this on Invasion until the end.

"
t_golgari wrote:
Because those players seem to be more commited than others, that stop playing the game after 2 months and instead start complaining on the forums that their league is dead and shit.

What?

"
t_golgari wrote:
Running two special events is asking too much, especially if one will be active and thriving and the other one would be complained about and declared "dead" after 2 weeks.

No, it isn't. If GGG is having too many financial troubles to support two leagues which they have always done in the past, then that's just showing how poor they are at managing this game.

"
t_golgari wrote:
As for "making currency": Ever thought about making currency in the league your in?

What?
"
Maxwells wrote:
Love the fact that everyone freaks the bananas out because of 1
Spoiler
(one)
Spoiler
uno
Spoiler
ichi
Spoiler
eine
Small league that's meant to be fun and a thing to spend your time on, whilst waiting for the new 4month's. If you want HC, go play just that, Hardcore. This month doesn't even have fatty prices, in comparison of 1week charity race where the HC player base had an HUGE advantage.

I think this quote from a wise Russian hockey player fits right in here
Spoiler
Why you haft to be mad? It'z onli a game.

Except not hardcore means not fun. Not fun means not playing since games are fun. So not having a hc option means I won't play and might not come back in a month.
Spoiler

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Support on Jul 7, 2014, 2:11:44 PM
One word: NO!
IGN: @Grantdead
"
Dundee_ wrote:

OFC all 1 weeks have been HC cause they are 1 week RACEs, races have allways been hc sins season 1.

There was a race in season 6 called Domination one week race, and Domination was a SC league
Rockin' since 2013.
"
kasub wrote:
"

Its not really a league, its a 1 month race leading up to the new leagues, there has never been a softcore 1 month race let alone any races that I can recall.

It's a transitional league in a time that there is no other league. It's the only thing people can play if they only play leagues or "races". Some people only enjoy HC, I think that much has been shown.

No other league? OK, then. No races and no standard and no hardcore.

BTW, they already said they made it 1 SC only because they want to work more on the 4 month leagues instead of thinking up more stuff for 2 1 month leagues.

Also, that 2 week race was HC if im not mistaken so there is no need to cry about any of this.
If I make a char for this league I'll be sure not to play on any of the Anarchy days.
And since that's half of them I don't know if I'll bother
Online delenda est:
When the lifecycle of PoE will draw to an end many years from now,
there needs to be a final patch making it available offline.
i just don't think this mode is viable for hc, onslaught, nemesis and invasion all together? there would be 5 people left alive at the end of the race in hc, how would you like to enter brutus room and have him with onslaught(desinc +10) with an invasion boss that's also onslaught?
what about a turbo exile with a rare storm herald that you can't outrun?
in a hardcore race there would 5% of the people actually playing in the last 4 days
we could have a different race with different mods for hcore, but i don't think gGg wants to go in that direction
just wait till august
[Removed by Support] One month is a long time, it's nowhere near comparable to a 2wk race. Why won't GGG just make pretty much exact same league but as HC and if people don't like it, they can play the SC version or just regular HC (even tho it's pretty much dead, this is one reason why I'm pissed at not having a HC variant for one month league)?

Btw "just delete your character when you die and the league becomes HC!" is the WORST argument I've ever heard. How is it fair that we, who choose to do that, then basically have HC economy and the rest have SC economy, not to talk about having way less chance to compete on ladders? Absurd.

I really hope GGG do the right thing here, I'm pretty tired at constantly getting slapped in the face by them, as a HC player.
Last edited by Support on Jul 7, 2014, 2:19:21 PM
"
BTW, they already said they made it 1 SC only because they want to work more on the 4 month leagues instead of thinking up more stuff for 2 1 month leagues.

That assumption was made by support. I'm sure Chris himself will respond later and I have faith that they will implement a HC mode.
"
kasub wrote:
"

That assumption was made by support. I'm sure Chris himself will respond later and I have faith that they will implement a HC mode.

I also firmly believe he will add a HC mode. It doesn't have to be anything special. Hell, I think most of us would be fine with another month of Invasion lol. This just doesn't make any sense to me at all. Not from a HC PoV, SC PoV, or a business PoV.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info